Dobyns-Bennett @ Sevier County

BatmanDB

Me too

rankings dont mean squat, i went to the movies one year we were ranked #1 in the state lost to a 5-5 team in the first round, came out of the movies heard on the radio shock heard around the state i knew it was us,the team that wins the last game of the season is the champion no matter what their ranking is, heck you dont have to be the the best team in the state to win state, you just have to be the the best team on the field when you play each friday, good luck to all play hard and stay healthy Edited by dbfanforlife

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the old system,rankings were everything at the end of the regular season.Had it stayed the same,coach Clark would have added a few state titles to DB's trophy case.Since the playoff system is in place,rankings are mostly for fun and putting a bullseye on teams and yes,they don't mean squat

Edited by BatmanDB

In the old system,rankings were everything at the end of the regular season.Had it stayed the same,coach Clark would have added a few state titles to DB's trophy case.Since the playoff system is in place,rankings are mostly for fun and putting a bullseye on teams and yes,they don't mean squat

DB and the Atomic City Kitties (as Art calls us) lol both got a few titles by that old ranking system icon_mrgreen.gif

Yes, it was...At least that's what we "claim". How they came to figure that out i will never know. But, i do know that that team was loaded with about 7 or 8 guys that went on to play in the SEC, so it was an awesome team.

I hope when they fix this mess,DB and OR get back to playing every year.I really liked coming down there for a regular season game

I hope when they fix this mess,DB and OR get back to playing every year.I really liked coming down there for a regular season game

I agree, buddy. But, OR may very well be 5A next year. Our school has really dropped off in numbers the past few years. Anyways, i don't wanna tick off any DB or SC fans by being on their thread lol

I agree, buddy. But, OR may very well be 5A next year. Our school has really dropped off in numbers the past few years. Anyways, i don't wanna tick off any DB or SC fans by being on their thread lol

Not a whole lot really being said on this thread anyway about the game.Good luck this year to the Wildcats

You never know how teams are going to matchup.The thing I hate about this score is that JC may have a great team this year and DB better work just as hard as if SC had won by 50 last friday.The other thing is it makes for a slow coacht board.

After thinking some more about it this is a very valid point and maybe something that I was guilty of in short changing the Pats a little.

They appear improved to me over last year's squad. To my untrained eyes Jeff Co has a very good defense and executed their defensive game plan very well against us. Their Line was big and physical (especially some "big" man who was listed as 6'-2" and 270 lbs who could flat out move). The most impressive thing to me though was the play of their secondary. They were consistently in good position all night and played our receivers better then anyone else I have seen since Maryville in last year's playoff loss. Very few times did our QB have easy throws or receivers running wide open. The Pats offense is also improved because of Dearies Jones. He is a very good RB who is quick and fast. Combined with their elusive QB that is quite a load of athletcism in the backfield for anyone to have to contend with. The only thing I believe holding them back is their inability to pass consistently. Looking at their schedule I wouldn't be surprised if they finished the rest of the season without another loss.