Science Hill vs. Morristown West- Week 3

voltnh

Why didn't Fields go to the Basketball School before he got going in Football? That was very selfish of him if he knew he was leaving. He could have let someone else get the reps in practice and 3 games. Just my opinion

You are right, but from what I've heard. This isn't tre's decision. People are saying he was devastated by having to leave at a time where good things were happening for him. I've heard his mom is behind the decision also.. And why would you leave a school with such a good history of basketball and state contenders every year or so? If you are a PLAYER, the scouts will find you. If you have to leave to get more recognition, then you aren't doing something right. Just like Shannon hale who left last year, if I'm right, he's still committed to Bama. The same school he was committed to at Science Hill. Such a shame that high school athletics has come to this nowadays.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right, but from what I've heard. This isn't tre's decision. People are saying he was devastated by having to leave at a time where good things were happening for him. I've heard his mom is behind the decision also.. And why would you leave a school with such a good history of basketball and state contenders every year or so? If you are a PLAYER, the scouts will find you. If you have to leave to get more recognition, then you aren't doing something right. Just like Shannon hale who left last year, if I'm right, he's still committed to Bama. The same school he was committed to at Science Hill. Such a shame that high school athletics has come to this nowadays.

I've heard the same thing about it not being his decision and him being upset about leaving. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't both of his parents play basketball at SH? Doesn't he also have a sister that currently plays for the girls team?

I've heard the same thing about it not being his decision and him being upset about leaving. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't both of his parents play basketball at SH? Doesn't he also have a sister that currently plays for the girls team?

I'm not sure of his mom but his Dad played for a state championship team in the 90's. And the girl on the basketball team you're thinking of is tiana tarter, who's brother is Malik tarter, who played football last year and had a great year, however, ended up moving to Atlanta. Malik would be a junior and probably one of, if not, the most athletic person on the Science Hill football team. Best running back I've seen besides Will Adams come through the Johnson City system.

Exactly how big a part of the SH offense was Fields? Number 1 reciever? I can't imagine it being a big loss, the Toppers always have athletes to spare.

Sure . . . Fields is a tall, athletic kid with good hands and great jumping ability. Yeah, its gonna hurt a bit to lose him. I don't think we have anyone that equals Fields stature. But, yeah . . . there will be athletic kids eager to step in.

coach carter and his staff do a great job of coaching and they will have the toppers ready to play. mowest will be big and physcial and usually they have atleast one if not more tailbacks that have break away speed...i do think both teams will score some points and it will probably be the one that can be the most hardnosed on defense...can mowest stop the pass and can sh stop the running game

M-West's tailback Horton looks to be very impressive. Keeping him under 200 yds tonight will be tough.

http://www.johnsonci...e.php?id=102257

Horton is a heck of a player. A very shifty, patient runner, with above average speed. If he keeps it up this year he'll have quite a few looks going into his senior campaign next year.

Edited by motownanddown