Blackman @ Signal Mountain

MountainTroll

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it gets you ready. I did not say it gets you ready to WIN. You got to admit we always show up and play though and do not back down from either the tradition or reputation.

Most of the time this Region beats you up so much, it is hard for you at playoff time. This year it 'may' not be as bad. I hope you did notice though there are TWO teams from Murfreesboro in the top 5 of the AP poll. Hopefully we will get to see each other again this year and try our luck.

You are correct, LOD. Riverdale always plays hard and brings the fight to whoever they are playing, but I don't think that there is a team in Murfreesboro (or the state) that could have given Maryville a good game last season. I took your post as meaning that playing in 7AAA got a team ready to give anyone a good game in terms of a close game/victory, so we were not on the same page there.

As far as this season is concerned, I do notice that there are two Murfreesboro teams in the AP Top 5. I also believe that those two teams are the best two in the state. The winner of the Siegel/Riverdale game has an extremely good chance to win the state championship.

Just so I don't get completely off topic with this post, I think that Blackman is down from last year but so is Signal Mountain. Last year's Signal Mountain team may have been able to beat this year's Blackman team, but I don't believe that Price's bunch this year will be able to pull it off.

Except for Maryville...

Going with the Blaze by 3 TD's in this one.

I said it gets you ready. I did not say it gets you ready to WIN. You got to admit we always show up and play though and do not back down from either the tradition or reputation.

Most of the time this Region beats you up so much, it is hard for you at playoff time. This year it 'may' not be as bad. I hope you did notice though there are TWO teams from Murfreesboro in the top 5 of the AP poll. Hopefully we will get to see each other again this year and try our luck.

Blackman should win but they appear to be soft and predictable. Siegel provided the blue print on how to stop the Blackman offense which seems to be run oriented with play action setting up most passes. They seem to work off the combo of curl, flat to RB or clear with fly RB to flat and TE in some type of corner/out. They work one side of the field and hardly ever throw over the middle unless it's an occasional slant. Without I'tavious Mathers providing miracles this offense is as basic as it gets.

GO STARS!

I'm not sure about this game at all. What I do know is if we play the same kind of first half we have in our previous games we might be mercy ruled starting the 3rd. But if we actually show up and play the full game like we have played in the 2nd half of each game it will be a close and fun game to watch.

I'm not sure what our first half problems is this year but it's clear there has been one. I sure hope it is corrected this week.

You are correct, LOD. Riverdale always plays hard and brings the fight to whoever they are playing, but I don't think that there is a team in Murfreesboro (or the state) that could have given Maryville a good game last season. I took your post as meaning that playing in 7AAA got a team ready to give anyone a good game in terms of a close game/victory, so we were not on the same page there.

As far as this season is concerned, I do notice that there are two Murfreesboro teams in the AP Top 5. I also believe that those two teams are the best two in the state. The winner of the Siegel/Riverdale game has an extremely good chance to win the state championship.

Just so I don't get completely off topic with this post, I think that Blackman is down from last year but so is Signal Mountain. Last year's Signal Mountain team may have been able to beat this year's Blackman team, but I don't believe that Price's bunch this year will be able to pull it off.

This year like EVERY year the 6a Championship will go thru Maryville, one way or the other. That is a given just like the sun coming up everyday.

Now as to Blackman, their O-line is their weak point this year. That combined with not leaving the FB in for extra protection hurts their passing game and also does not give run plays time to start properly. If you have the backs that can effectively cover one on one you can blitz successfully and hurt them. The 'little' train is not his Brother, but it is the time he started trying MORE to be like him.

Offense is like the HC himself, SIMPLE!

Now y'all have a good time.