Oneida at Cumberland Gap

crow

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the boys give Maximum effort tonight. I was listening to Johnny Majors on the Drive. First, it was awesome hearing a 77 year old man still have that much passion about playing football. Second, he talked about playing Team-X. Giving maximum effort every game, no matter who you are playing. Maximum effort every play, every quarter, every game, every week regardless of opponenet.

If you can be that consistent as player, You can be that consistent as a man, a father, an employee, a Christian.....etc....The only yardage I'm worried about tonight is the 6" between the ears of the Oneida Indians! Tear em up boys! thumb[1].gif

I can't believe Cheetah ran a 92 yard touchdown and the zebras called it back for holding. Holding what? Holding popcorn watching one of the fastest kids in East Tennessee run 92 yards. I was in Oneida and I could clearly see that was not holding! rolleyes.gif

Big plays, lots of fumbles, who cares...winning is fun! Best of luck to the Panthers the rest of th way, Im sorry I couldnt make it up tonight.

I can't believe Cheetah ran a 92 yard touchdown and the zebras called it back for holding. Holding what? Holding popcorn watching one of the fastest kids in East Tennessee run 92 yards. I was in Oneida and I could clearly see that was not holding! rolleyes.gif

Big plays, lots of fumbles, who cares...winning is fun! Best of luck to the Panthers the rest of th way, Im sorry I couldnt make it up tonight.

Congrats to the Injuns,things are looking up.

Gonna hinge on the Oneida D. If it can slow down the quick strike capability of the Gap offense, Oneida may be able to grind out a win. I don't think Oneida wants to get into a shootout with a pass happy Gap team.

Seems like the D did just that, even the JV held their own in the 4th against the CG 1's. In a game like this where both teams are their own worst enemy in the 1st half with penalties & turnovers I was very pleased to see Oneida come out in the 2nd & pull the plow. Very intense team after half. They took control of the game & it was never really in question after that. The shoot out statement appeared very true the 1st half but the second was a different story. Oneida really put the hammer down during the 3rd quarter scoring 3 TD's rapidly then getting off the gas & playing the 2nd O & D during the 4th. Very nicely done, we do have to shore up the PAT problem though. I've not saw 2 blocked PAT's in the last 5 years & they got 2 of ours last night. Need to figure that out. In a close one trading 7's for 6's won't work out very well. I thought the D did a remarkable job limiting the CG offense & especially in the second half. Both the O & D line pulled the plow last night, CG's line looked pretty tired as the game wore on, 2 yards & a cloud of dust in the 1st became 5 yards then 15 yards by middle to late 3rd. If Oneida can bring it for 4 quarters the way they played last night. . . well let's just say that would be a sight to behold.

Seems like the D did just that, even the JV held their own in the 4th against the CG 1's. In a game like this where both teams are their own worst enemy in the 1st half with penalties & turnovers I was very pleased to see Oneida come out in the 2nd & pull the plow. Very intense team after half. They took control of the game & it was never really in question after that. The shoot out statement appeared very true the 1st half but the second was a different story. Oneida really put the hammer down during the 3rd quarter scoring 3 TD's rapidly then getting off the gas & playing the 2nd O & D during the 4th. Very nicely done, we do have to shore up the PAT problem though. I've not saw 2 blocked PAT's in the last 5 years & they got 2 of ours last night. Need to figure that out. In a close one trading 7's for 6's won't work out very well. I thought the D did a remarkable job limiting the CG offense & especially in the second half. Both the O & D line pulled the plow last night, CG's line looked pretty tired as the game wore on, 2 yards & a cloud of dust in the 1st became 5 yards then 15 yards by middle to late 3rd. If Oneida can bring it for 4 quarters the way they played last night. . . well let's just say that would be a sight to behold.

Way to bring it Oneida!Keep it rolling.

You're dead on Crow. Even with all the turnovers and penalties in the first half, it looked like it was gonna be a 'whoever has the ball last wins, shootout type of game'. But in the second half Oneida wore CG out up front, on both sides of the ball. Good effort by the Indians. Good luck to those kids and the rest of our neighbors on the other side of the mountain.

You're dead on Crow. Even with all the turnovers and penalties in the first half, it looked like it was gonna be a 'whoever has the ball last wins, shootout type of game'. But in the second half Oneida wore CG out up front, on both sides of the ball. Good effort by the Indians. Good luck to those kids and the rest of our neighbors on the other side of the mountain.

Thanks Graff, hope the CG crew doesn't let their 1st loss affect them to much this week. They sure were playing their butts off. You could see the emotion & disappointment as the game was coming to a close. I think they feel like they have a pretty good ball team this year & I agree with that. Their expectations are high as they should be. These kind of games can sometimes be a set back but hopefully they will use it as an opprotunity to really hammer down from here on out. Best of luck.