Top 5 1A schools as of now?

TheNewGuy

I dont chime in on whos the best right now because it doesnt matter till week 15.I do however enjoy reading why each others team is the best in 1A,i will not get into that discussion but i will speak on the young man cleaning 300lbs.The bench i could see that,doubt it but i could see that,my son last yr at 165lbs could bench 300lbs,They are not many atlethes in D1(his size) that can clean 300lbs i have been involved with weight lifting for yrs,my jr son right now is the strongest on our team right now if you include all catagories,we have a LB at 170lbs that squats 500lbs.I would love to see this young man do the sets,if he can he should be writing his own ticket to D1.Goos luck and stay healthy guys!

Cleans involve strength and alot of good technique. I personally do not know what Cason cleans, but I don't doubt that he does 300. When I played, we had a 150 lb RB that cleaned around 275 and he could barely bench 200. He was quick enough to get under the weight and squat it up from there.

I dont chime in on whos the best right now because it doesnt matter till week 15.I do however enjoy reading why each others team is the best in 1A,i will not get into that discussion but i will speak on the young man cleaning 300lbs.The bench i could see that,doubt it but i could see that,my son last yr at 165lbs could bench 300lbs,They are not many atlethes in D1(his size) that can clean 300lbs i have been involved with weight lifting for yrs,my jr son right now is the strongest on our team right now if you include all catagories,we have a LB at 170lbs that squats 500lbs.I would love to see this young man do the sets,if he can he should be writing his own ticket to D1.Goos luck and stay healthy guys!

The weight numbers are legit. This may be one of the strongest teams we have ever had from a weight room standpoint.

Croz is right. Collinwood would not want to play Gordonsville. Collinwood might be a top 10 team, but the top five are easy.

Gordonsville

Greenback

Huntingdon

Union City

South Pitt

I'm not so sure Cwood isn't a Top 5 team. We'll know more in the coming weeks. After Huningdon losing to West Carroll and Union City already having lost to Huntingdon it makes me question how strong the West teams actually are. Edited by theGURU

1. South Pitt (until someone knocks them off, they deserve #1 spot)

2. Gordonsville (i like what i see but minimally tested from here on out could hurt them later)

3. Greenback (not sneaking up on anyone, theyre a good team)

4. Coalfield (keeping it going from last yrs squad)

5. Huntingdon (gotta avoid losses to lesser teams to be ranked higher)

I usually don't base how good a team is by comparing scores, but you can learn a little.

Your two close games against Eagleville and Forrest don't look good.

That don't mean anything. They did what they had to, to win. And Forrest was the first game of the season (when most teams are working kinks out). Compare scores and I'll compare W's. And after they add another against Adamsville I think people will start looking a little closer at them

I'm not so sure Cwood isn't a Top 5 team. We'll know more in the coming weeks. After Huningdon losing to West Carroll and Union City already having lost to Huntingdon it makes me question how strong the West teams actually are.

Thank you! Finally someone agrees! I'm not saying just cuz I'm a Cwood fan. I'm saying it cuz they have a lot of weapons! And they are a very young team! Most of them will be back next year! Jacob Daniels and Brier Daniels will be gone but you always lose some good ones. But I see no reason that they shouldn't be a top 5 team

Thank you! Finally someone agrees! I'm not saying just cuz I'm a Cwood fan. I'm saying it cuz they have a lot of weapons! And they are a very young team! Most of them will be back next year! Jacob Daniels and Brier Daniels will be gone but you always lose some good ones. But I see no reason that they shouldn't be a top 5 team

Maybe because there are 5 better teams? Look at my choices for Top 5, all those schools are mercy ruling everyone, except for Gordonsville and Huntingdon, but I'd argue thats because they've been playing tougher talent thus far. Gvilles schedule was extremely front loaded. Except for maybe a little test against Westmoreland and Watertown, Gville is coasting til the playoffs.

Maybe because there are 5 better teams? Look at my choices for Top 5, all those schools are mercy ruling everyone, except for Gordonsville and Huntingdon, but I'd argue thats because they've been playing tougher talent thus far. Gvilles schedule was extremely front loaded. Except for maybe a little test against Westmoreland and Watertown, Gville is coasting til the playoffs.

I don't think a 1A team with a loss to another 1A team should ever be ranked ahead of an undefeated team. Especially if the team they lost to isn't even being noticed as a contender. But that's just my opinion. Edited by theGURU