Top 5 1A schools as of now?

TheNewGuy

Schedule shows 5 1a. Don't church it up.

You are wrong. It doesn't have anything to do with church, just the facts.

Signal Mtn is 4a

Grundy, Sequatchie County and Polk County are 3a

Marion County, Boyd Buch, and Grace Christian Academy are 2a

Lookout Valley and Whitwell are 1a.

The private school from Atlanta folded

That is two 1a squads on the schedule.

Edited by rlh

The top 4 teams in no particular order are:

Gordonsville

South Pittsburg

Greenback

Coalfield

The drop off from these 4 is steep, so you can plug in anyone you want to fill out the top 5, but it won't matter.

You can even put Collinwood in if you want.

If these 4 teams were spread out throughout the state and didn't have to play each other til the semi's, these would be the 4 teams still standing.

Don't know if it's possible but id love to see Gordonsville play the west the first couple rounds. Last yr, Nashville Christian is the furthest team west that we played. I think our guys would love a shot at Clarksville Academy, Huntingdon, Union City, Columbia Academy, or Collinwood. Let's meet South Pitt in the championship for a change. Lol

Don't know if it's possible but id love to see Gordonsville play the west the first couple rounds. Last yr, Nashville Christian is the furthest team west that we played. I think our guys would love a shot at Clarksville Academy, Huntingdon, Union City, Columbia Academy, or Collinwood. Let's meet South Pitt in the championship for a change. Lol

That would be a nice change.

I like to play different teams in the playoffs every year. I enjoyed playing Nashville Christian and especially Eagleville last year.

I would love to go West, but I just don't see it happening.

Can someone explain the supposed restructuring of this years playoffs? Do we know or when will we know which quadrant we'll be matched with in the first couple rounds?

Are we looking at a Lookout Valley, Watertown (assuming they can win round 1), Moore Co, South Pitt kinda road again?

Watertown is 2A during the playoffs, and no one has a clue until about week 9.

It is possible. There are lot of factors that go into it. TC went out west once. The wild card teams and geographic proximity play a part. SP nearly ended up in quad 3 once. They are naturally in quad 2 but ended up in quad 1 last year. I think Gordonsville may have been the 12th man for Wayne County last year. That was an epic semifinal game at GV.