Top 5 1A schools as of now?

TheNewGuy

Look man I mean no disrespect to Gordonsville at all. Im sure they are a fine football team and I hope to see them instead of SP in the title game regaurdless of who comes outta the west. Good Luck.

LOPAO......recon folkes wonders why you don't want SP in the title game! The Pirates are very young perhaps you'll get your early Christmas present... Edited by OLD PIRATE

Friendship is a very good team. They could repeat in 2A, IF they can stay healthy. As for Trousdale, although they're down this year, they are just as much a psychological stumbling block for the Tigers as South Pitt has been. So, even though it was a blow out, it was a huge step for the Tigers. Their first three games were very big for this team not only physically but psychologically.

Now, while South Pitt gets into the meat of their schedule, Gordonsville is using the rest of their opponents to get better.

There's really no way to know which schedule is best, whether front loaded or rear loaded, but we will hopefully get to find out in November.

Edited by Tigertradition

It aint about winning or playing for the championship right now for me. I just hope SP gets to play GORDY so maybe Ambassador can get over this GORDY TRIP. If there that dang good why did they not beat a non top 10

Team Smith County? You said tbe same crap all year last year. As a matter of fact you keep screaming it this year and yet their own fans aint. "GORDY IS THE TEAM TO BEAT" WELL THEY MAY BE. AND THEY MAY BEAT THE ORANGE AND BLACK WORSE THAN SIGNAL DID LAST YEAR BUT UNTIL THEY BEAT SOMEBODY WHO MATTERS IN MY BOOK THEY AINT THE TEAM TO BEAT. I THINK Greenback will be there before Gordy.

It could be a possibility that Gville and SP don't play this year, depending on how the brackets turn out.

If SP goes to Quad 1, it will be tougher for them to get by Greenback this year. GB returns more.

I'll be honest, I've seen SP in person. Johnson is still exceptional, as is Lankford, but a person can tell he's not as happy this year sharing the load with Johnson and Hale.

The line has dropped off as has the defense. The line is athletic and big, but they're young.

They're still a top 4 team and when it gets to that, anything can happen.

If there was a way to put SP, Gville, Greenback and Coalfield in 4 different quads, they would be the last 4 standing.

But at least 2 of these teams will be put out in the quarters, which is a shame.

As for Gordonsville beating FC this year, they would've beat Marion as bad as SP did or worse, and TC was about even with Marion, and it's possible that those two play in the playoffs. That will be a good un.

Either way, we can argue about this forever, and no one's going to win the argument til the teams play.