Top 5 1A schools as of now?

TheNewGuy

Actually, Polk County, Boyd Buch,, GCA, Signal would run Perry County into the turf. In most years your probably wouldn't want any part of Sequatchie County and this year I doubt you could beat Lookout Valley.

Only one of the teams you named is in your District and no we probably wouldn't beat them this year. Like I said don't brag about winning a 4 team District.

2001 was the best year. I guess woodman is talking about the 2 years prior. That being said,they were not in a league of they're own.

2001 Ezell Harding was in a league of their own. 2000 CPA and USJ played in a high scoring championship game and I know he isn't talking about 1999. SP went 15-0 and won it all that season with the fastest player to ever play in the valley.

I know the years and they were really good. It was right before the multiplier.

The 3 years prior to the multiplier, we were loaded. 01 lost in champ to Ezell 02 lost in semis to BB 03 blew 20 point lead to lose by 1 to CAK in 1st round. Biggest upset I've ever attended

I would argue that we could have won 3 gold balls were it not for privates. The multiplier only bumped the problem up to 2a. Some of those schools have grown in enrollment to 3a since then

Ezell H. CPA. USJ. All won state after putting out Collinwood. Only 1a public that would have been any competition would have been Cloudland.

I wish we could have seen those two matchup in the championship. We'll never know now. Either way a public could have had a few gold balls if it weren't for those privates. I know it's off topic but that's why I'm all for a complete split

The 3 years prior to the multiplier, we were loaded. 01 lost in champ to Ezell 02 lost in semis to BB 03 blew 20 point lead to lose by 1 to CAK in 1st round. Biggest upset I've ever attended

I would argue that we could have won 3 gold balls were it not for privates. The multiplier only bumped the problem up to 2a. Some of those schools have grown in enrollment to 3a since then

In 2002, Boyd should have won it all. They blew it against CPA. In 2003 Boyd and SP were head and shoulders the two best teams in 1A. They just happened to be in the same region.

Ezell H. CPA. USJ. All won state after putting out Collinwood. Only 1a public that would have been any competition would have been Cloudland.

USJ has never won a state championship.CPA won it in 2000 Ezell won it in 2001. CPA in 2002, Boyd in 2003, DCA in 2004. When Trousdale won it in 2005 it was the first public school win since So Pitt in 1999.

Edited by TheAmbassador