Top 5 1A schools as of now?

TheNewGuy

In 2002, Boyd should have won it all. They blew it against CPA. In 2003 Boyd and SP were head and shoulders the two best teams in 1A. They just happened to be in the same region.

CPA game in 2002 was a heart breaker. Came all the way back, put it into overtime, get 8 tries to put the ball in after the ref called a bogus penalty on CPA, and we couldn't do it. fail_smiley.gif

Oh ya, and Will Healy should of got Mr. Football in my opinion, but I know he is happy with his national title ring from Richmond. thumb[1].gif

Edited by reaction

Only one of the teams you named is in your District and no we probably wouldn't beat them this year. Like I said don't brag about winning a 4 team District.

None of those teams are in our district. SM was in 2009 and 2010. You wouldn't have beaten them last year or the previous 3 years either. You keep talking about someone bragging about winning the district. Who? The only time I ever mentioned it was in regards to making the playoffs. It is part of that determination.

Edited by rlh

Ambassador I think thats a fair top 10 in no particular order. UC has another big test tonight. If we can beat the #2 team in 2A then we will set the tone for the rest of the season. I think we will get it done. But we will know by 9:30 pm. This game means more than just a non-district game for both teams. It has a great deal of potetial for being a launching pad or the demise for either team.

In 2002, Boyd should have won it all. They blew it against CPA. In 2003 Boyd and SP were head and shoulders the two best teams in 1A. They just happened to be in the same region.

Gordonsville was very tough those few years, they had talent and speed at every position, defense was tough and offense was good but didn't utilize the weapons as well as they could of... Put Boyd out in 2001 then lost to South Pitt , 2002 beat South Pitt and then lost to Boyd, then 2003 I think is when South Pitt was loaded and went 15-0, South Pitt seniors that year had started since they were Soph, very good football team that season...