4. White House

5. N. Dame

6. Gatlinburg- Pittman

7. E. Hamilton

8. Signal Mtn

9. Grace

10. Fred J. Page

11. Hume-Fogg.

Looks like Gat-Pitt is making their way through the gauntlet of heavy hitters again this season bored.gif ...I'll give Page some kudos for taking on Oakland and Ensworth already this season....(See previous year's posts regarding Page's schedule)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm old.....you experienced.cool.png Oneida could concievably give CAK some trouble tonight. They have some players that when properly motivated can challenge several of the better teams this year. Still think they are a year away because of their youth, but who knows. Then again they could just lay an egg and get shelled. They have yet to play their best game.

Kaz

The newest poll (updated today) has swapped ND and WH, which I think is more accurate for now. We will see what kind of stuff WH is made of this week with neutral site games against Franklin, JPII, and Clarksville on consecutive nights.

WOW....Good luck wiyh those 3.

Let's see- Of the two same team competitiors, Notre Dame beat Cleveland (3-0, convincingly!), and CCS could only manage a 0-0 tie, and then Notre Dame ties Soddy Daisy 1-1, but CCS lost to them 2-1.....plus, all of CCS's wins are against teams with losing records (except Signal Mt. but their record is incomplete online)

Yea, that makes sense to have CCS above Notre Dame...

D

Ugh.....I enjoyed the crow eating exhibition last night. CAK is the top ranked team and it was easy to see why. They distribute the ball so seemlessly through their line-up that it can make you dizzy just watching. We were out of our league....which is true every year!blush.png Look it up.....Oneida has never beaten CAK in boys or girls soccer although one boys team came really close around the late 90's. Without beating a dead horse....CAK should play in a division where their skills are recognized to the fullest because there is no question they can compete at any level they chose. Guess the odds are way higher at the bottom rung of the ladder.

Kaz

Ugh.....I enjoyed the crow eating exhibition last night. CAK is the top ranked team and it was easy to see why. They distribute the ball so seemlessly through their line-up that it can make you dizzy just watching. We were out of our league....which is true every year!blush.png Look it up.....Oneida has never beaten CAK in boys or girls soccer although one boys team came really close around the late 90's. Without beating a dead horse....CAK should play in a division where their skills are recognized to the fullest because there is no question they can compete at any level they chose. Guess the odds are way higher at the bottom rung of the ladder.

Kaz

I was really hoping to hear that CAK looked down some this season....Dang

Not a good effort on our part. Tactically we don't have the skill set throughout our line up to really push such a team. However, and this did NOT prove to be true last night, we do have enough athleticism and depth to have a better go at them. Only one person determines how hard you work. When the more talented team out works you, well.....your going to end up on the bad side of a train wreck, buddy.

Kaz

Kaz

Again, CAK soccer does not choose where it competes. It plays in the division it is put in. The reason that CAK is so good is because of the dedication to year round high level soccer that the majority of the CAK girls players play. You make it sound as if we decided to "play down" so that we could dominate opponents. Not our decision.

Also, Oneida had a GREAT team in the early 2000's (they actually were up 2-0 on us in one game). We came back to win, but they had two top notch forwards that year (I THINK it was 2004).

Big G, not stirring any argument.....more irritated with our commitment than anything. We did not play with much intensity and did not work at a high level. Meant not disrespect to the school or team....you have a great group of kids. Your dominance in this devision would suggest inquiring into moving to a higher division. (I have heard the TSSAA is open to such requests, but I don't know) Regardless, you have an excellent team and I wish them well.

Kaz