LaVergne @ Smyrna

bigpurpledawg81

My wife played basketball for Smyrna years ago. She has nothing good to say about LaVergne. Love these neighborhood rivalries.

The only thing I know about LaVerne is that the Tennessee Farmer's CO-OP is headquartered there.

BTW, when I drive up to Middle Tenn, I love hearing U-Turn LaVergne on the radio. Is she from LaVergne?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to my Bulldogs on getting the first win of the season. 25-1 on the series overall and 14 in a row. This game came down to the Bulldogs executing one more play than LaVergne. LaVergne has some playmakers. Fore #16 is lightning quick. He is a highly mobile quarterback. We had to play off of #7 and #81 to respect thier speed and ability to break the tackle in the open field. Cowan and James are scary good. The Bulldog defense played decent. We played a bend but don't break style defense last night. On offense we struggled but did enough to get the win. Congrats to Rodell and Kynard on finally connecting for a TD. Our two Freshman lineman played well. Emotions ran high for both teams and penalties killed any momentum either team could gahter. We are young and that is how we played. We have to get control of those emotions and play a clean game. We are not so talanted that we can overcome so many penalties every game. We have a stretch of games that will be interesting and may provide opportunity to put some in the win column. Enjoy the win Bulldogs. You have worked hard this week and deserve it. Go Dawgs!!!

No discipline, and stupid penalties are a trademark of a certain coach. Can't mention his name, makes some people mad if I talk about him.

A lot of that happened on both sides of the ball. You can preach it and preach it but in the end the players have to be accountable for thier actions. Not to mention this was an emotional game. Not trying to make excuses for the coaches or players. But you had to see that coming.

Did you listen to the WGNS post-game show after the Oakland upset by LHS? SS gave credit to one person - the current principal of the school for trying to get things on the right track there as opposed to the disaster it was turning into.

SS didn't make his wide-outs drop passes that hit them in the hands last night - would have been for big gains. The stats showed it was a mismatch that LHS should have won by 21 points except for the holding calls on every key play and then worst of all...with 1:20 left in the game - being forced to go for the winning 2-pt.-conversion from the 18 instead of the 3. Who were those refs???

Well. LHS got the benefit of some huge bad calls to upset Oakland who would beat them 9 out of 10 times... now horrible officiating came back to cost them a game. What goes around comes around. Oakland doesn't get a rematch with LHS until next year but they can certainly take it out on Smyrna this season still. Oakland and Siegel will put beatdowns of epic proportions on Smyrna. Blackman's back is against the wall right now, so they will probably beat both Smyrna and Lavergne like rented mules.