Fairview (3-2) at Hickman Co. (4-1)

JUNO

I wasn't there but I did just get a copy of the game from our HC. After watching the film seemed like a hard fought battle on each side. The play in question did happen on Hickman's sideline. # 21 goes up for the ball, doesn't catch it, the hickman player tackles him high and drives his head into the ground. # 21 gets up stands over him and that is it. Both players were assessed unsportsmanlike penalties. If there was a foot stomp he would have been ejected as there were two officials right on top of the play. Seem like emotions were high, no dirty play there.

Seems to me the Hickman Co. faithful are still upset that they got shut out on homecoming. Fairview did something Marshall couldn't do and that is stop #11.

Also by the way that holding call on #35 was not on him, it was on your 3rd receiver in your trips right set that held the DE who was chasing the QB.

Pretty accurate in my recollection.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly doubt you seen the film 12aa.... Because I actually have, And it Did not happen in any way that you said it did. Both our players went for the ball and neither of our players tackled him. 21 went up for the ball and missed it and hit the ground got up and stood over our guy... Then proceeded to kick him in the head. It even shows it on the film genius. I'm not taking anything away from fairview they played a good game. But they didn't put a stomping on anyone. Look at the stats. We're evenly matched the whole game. They just got in a better situation than we did, and scored off it.

We felt the same way after the Page loss. Refs beat us, blah blah blah. Fact was, we had the same opportunity as they did to put more points on the board, and we didn't. After a few hours the no whining rule went into effect and we had to move on. The fact HC was shutout on Homecoming by a Fairview team that is still not playing up to potential has to sting. HC is a very undersized football team. I was very impressed with their play. Very scrappy and full of heart! Strap back up, get back to work, and go beat somebody next week. That's all you can do, this one is over. Best of luck to y'all. Never know, could be a rematch down the road.

I am just educating you through my experiences. I was never taught to play dirty nor do I encourage as I stated in my previous post. "Dirty" play is part of the game. Some call it dirty some call it aggressive you can call it what you want, but talk to them boys you played with in the trenches and I guarantee you they will tell you getting kicked in the helmet was probably one their lesser concerns. As for the beating comment I was just rubbing it in a little to upset your feelings :)

Julian

I played post high school... what you are saying is pure bull$%#%. Dirty play has not place in football never has and never will. You must have played for a moron in college. I have never seen 21 be dirty but i did watch the page game twice and saw plenty of late hits on him and franklin. in the third quarter there was a play where a page player hit a little late and a little low on franklin. I will be paying close attention these next few weeks and will report back objectively what I am seeing.

The play where the page hit occurred wad dirty as well. Its a part of football. Stomping on somebody's head is to far I don't care what anybody says but cheap shots are apart of it. I just get riled up sometimes when it happenens to my boys. As do a lot of you.

I wasn't there but I did just get a copy of the game from our HC. After watching the film seemed like a hard fought battle on each side. The play in question did happen on Hickman's sideline. # 21 goes up for the ball, doesn't catch it, the hickman player tackles him high and drives his head into the ground. # 21 gets up stands over him and that is it. Both players were assessed unsportsmanlike penalties. If there was a foot stomp he would have been ejected as there were two officials right on top of the play. Seem like emotions were high, no dirty play there.

Seems to me the Hickman Co. faithful are still upset that they got shut out on homecoming. Fairview did something Marshall couldn't do and that is stop #11.

Also by the way that holding call on #35 was not on him, it was on your 3rd receiver in your trips right set that held the DE who was chasing the QB.

Hold up didn't you say you we're getting the film this afternoon. There is no way in heck you've already got it and watched it!!! I believe you're a load of ####!!! #21 kicked the player in the head

Wow. Give it rest already. How.many times can.u say he kicked someone in the head. When your on a message board. One time is enough. We get the point. I know someone whos not whining about it. COACH REWIS. Hes getting ready for next week. I played for rewis. If a player came up whining that his head got stomped. Im pretty sure he would have taken us out of the game.for.being a panzy.

Edited by Slim88

Hold up didn't you say you we're getting the film this afternoon. There is no way in heck you've already got it and watched it!!! I believe you're a load of ####!!! #21 kicked the player in the head

Really because it is right here in my DVD player, the coaches exchanged this morning and I have one in my possession. Hickman fans are lying saying no one tackled #21 on the play. If you guy are so sure put it on here. I would but that is way too much technology for me to figure out. I have connections to each team I the district so you can't doubt me all you want

I agree with 12aa film account of the play , I was at the game and that is how I saw it. There was a tackle on Moore and a dumping on the head, then Moore stood over him. The closest thing to a kick to the head was to a Fairview player covering up a squib kick by a HC player. Some of you sound like Obama , you think if you say it enough that will make it true. And yes i think 12aa has the film ,it is not that hard to get. The game was not a couple plays away either, I think FV held HC to neg yards rushing. And yes I would like to see Fv draw HC in the playoffs as well , they could use the bye HA HA. And as for LC panther bringing up that their 3 or 4 best players were out of the game against FV in the first quarter. FV beat you with their backup QB and leading tackler (Wall) from last year was out of the game. Oh and 12aa sorry I have been gone I was busy eating my crow. And yes you are 11 and 1 , and I will give credit where is due. But it was fun getting you fired up.