Gallatin at Brentwood

Verb58

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brentwood is going to have a pull out worse than ours when we played them. I could see them playing around in the end with 3rd string. This will get ugly and probably fast. They have a second string RB that they start now after the game against us probably the only kid not 6'4 190+ pounds. They have a great O line and it's hard to get back to the QB he's going to have all the time in the world back there. That guy was right they will score till they bored.

Why is Gallatin struggling so much? They were one of the very best in 5A last season, and at this time last year I was certain we were on a crash course to meet in the semifinals. I know they had a coaching change, but it is surprising to me to say the least. They ALWAYS seem to at least be competitive. My guess is if they are down, it won't be for very long.

Gallatin graduated most starters on the offensive and defensive side of the ball from last years team. However, the real problem is losing kids zoned for Gallatin to a neighboring or private schools over the past few years. Gallatin very well could have been 15-0 last year if kids who played together in middle school stuck together and had a touch more discipline.

I may happen again as the feeder schools (Rucker-Stewart & Shafer) are being recruited heavy. Rucker is loaded and should go undefeated with ease and Shafer has a handful a great athletes that make a special group if they stick together.

The coaches seem to be doing a great job, however, turnovers have truly made games go from competitive to lopsided. The team talent is average overall this year but lack of discipline makes them mediocre at best. Gallatin is a good school academically and has great facilities on campus rivaling most private school, however, some people in the community are mislead and feel their kids will have better opportunities elsewhere. Some kids only play for themselves and not for the team these days hoping to get a scholarship. This establishes a lack of pride from the community in the heart of the program. The grass is not always greener on the other side though. The quicker people realize everything Gallatin offers, the state championship will again be the yearly goal.

I don't believe Henry County experiences this and it is new here. I hope and pray the mentality changes and the winning ways return.

Gallatin graduated most starters on the offensive and defensive side of the ball from last years team. However, the real problem is losing kids zoned for Gallatin to a neighboring or private schools over the past few years. Gallatin very well could have been 15-0 last year if kids who played together in middle school stuck together and had a touch more discipline.

I may happen again as the feeder schools (Rucker-Stewart & Shafer) are being recruited heavy. Rucker is loaded and should go undefeated with ease and Shafer has a handful a great athletes that make a special group if they stick together.

The coaches seem to be doing a great job, however, turnovers have truly made games go from competitive to lopsided. The team talent is average overall this year but lack of discipline makes them mediocre at best. Gallatin is a good school academically and has great facilities on campus rivaling most private school, however, some people in the community are mislead and feel their kids will have better opportunities elsewhere. Some kids only play for themselves and not for the team these days hoping to get a scholarship. This establishes a lack of pride from the community in the heart of the program. The grass is not always greener on the other side though. The quicker people realize everything Gallatin offers, the state championship will again be the yearly goal.

I don't believe Henry County experiences this and it is new here. I hope and pray the mentality changes and the winning ways return.

Very well said! It is very easy to fool people (aka recruit) who are uninformed. Parents who are not involved with their children on a daily basis will believe almost anything and end up making decisions based on the first "shiny" thing dangled in front of them. When they find out the things they were told aren't true, it's too late. It has been happening in Sumner Co. for some time. Just now prevalent in Gallatin.

Everytime I bring up this subject I get chastised. This has been happening for the last few years and it needs to stop. Let the people on here say what they want to but Station Camp is a chief offender in this. Just look at the quotes from the previous game. Now JPII, Ezell Harding and Friendship are all getting in on it. Hopefully somebody can change the mindset. Gallatin offers more AP classes than anyone else in the county so I have been told. Academics is not the problem.

Who are the athletes in recent years to leave for private schools that are real impact players? Only the Banks kid this year at Ezell that I know of... Other than that, maybe 2 or 3 at Station Camp like Fitts or Rogan or Malone?Would these kids help GHS to a State Championship in football?

What you guys fail to realize is people DO have a right to choose. Do you only eat and shop in Gallatin stores? Can you go to a church outside of Gallatin?

Also, where is the outcry over a 5'3 trumpet player or math wiz who chooses to go to a private school or out of zone?

Maybe it's not football... Maybe it's the administration, or atmosphere, or school colors, or the school food. Whatever the reason, it's time to stop whining over what you don't have.

They had enough talent on last years team alone to go all the way. Just need more discipline. They usually have more raw talent than any school in sumner county. They will work their way back to the top.

Years ago when Gallatin was good they had players that didn't live in Gallatin but played for the Wave. It's been going on for many years. Quit whinning now that your team stinks because they want to go somewhere else. There are too many thugs/gangs inside of Gallatin and some kids and their parents are fed up with it and decide to go elsewhere. This has been a big problem in Gallatin for several years now. The coaches have turned a blind eye and society has allowed the thugs to have too much control just because they are athletes. This isn't just a GHS problem either. I just happen to know this is a big problem at GHS. If the coaches get back control of the whole team GHS will be a contender again because there is alot of talent inside of Gallatin. GHS had the athletes/talent last year to be in the championship game but lacked control/discipline. Discipline + talent = Championships