who is the best player in tennessee right now?

iknowmorethanyou

You are awfully quick to indict Coach Crabtree based totally on hearsay and speculation. We have no idea how bad he's hurt, when he was hurt, and when the coaches knew it. Don't believe every injury report you read on here.

I tried to make it perfectly clear that my opinion was based entirely on one poster's statement

IF IT WERE ACCURATE. KEY WORD is "IF" NOT AN INDICTMENT. I said it needs to be investigated. It does. It was clear that he was playing injured. That's a fact. Why?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not about the oh so elite D2 (so freakin tired of hearing that crap), but about the best player just as you stated. We always have no choice but to be indulged to a statistical testimonial as to how great they are. I have never stated 1 time about how good 9AAA is for the record.....

Please calm down and read exactly what I said. I said you need to ease up on (the use of) hyperbole. Didn't say anything about you and 9AAA.

As to the "elite D II crap." It is Sonny Moore's crappy opinion. You can weigh it however you like. As to "how great they are" - that's your spin. However, I think if Beech and the other 3 "9AAA" teams were in the top 10, you would not be calling it crap. You and some others have made a huge point of "the stats." Many agree that stats should be evaluated in the context of whom you play. When you try to promote your own point of view by diminishing somebody else - whether it's an individual or in this case a group of teams - you actually tick off the people you are trying to win over. And, as I said, it's totally unnecessary. You've already "won" the "argument." Lighten up.

Edited by owlbooster

I don't have to claim Hurd as any type of martyr. You call it what you want. As for him leaving the game when he was ready, that is the only way any coach knows when a player is injured or can no longer perform - due to WHAT THE PLAYER tells the coach. Maybe he felt comfortable going out for bogus routes, but could not handle running through a pile of defenders.

Oh, and what a ****!!! Rip your shoulder out of socket, possibly tear tendons or ligaments, and see if it interferes with your ability to run the ball!! Hey, it's just a shoulder though right - which apparently you believe has no bearing on running a football.

Your rant only proves my point, which apparently sailed right over your head. Before he was injured, Wilson Central was doing a pretty good job of containing him. After the injury, he had NO business playing. And it should NEVER be up to the player to decide when to come out of game. That's how they get CAREER-ENDING injuries. Of course the warrior will want to stay in the battle. It's up to the coach to prevent it.

Beech plays in 5A District 9. 9AAA is a BASKETBALL classification which includes 5A and 6A. I think this clouds some issues, especially since they have separate playoffs, but many, including some in the media, continue to use it.

I think you and some other advocates of Mr Hurd, for example Kevin 38, need to ease up on the hyperbole. 9AAA is "one of the state's best?" Well, I guess if you lump districts 9 in 5A and 6A together, you might have an argument. But Beech plays in 5A, although they do play 6A Mt Juliet and Wilson Central, which is good, since your only 5A competition is Hendersonville. To inject some objectivity, look at the current Sonny Moore Computer rankings. These 3 quality opponents rank #14, #36 and #37. Not bad. Then consider that D II has 8 teams ranked in top 40, 5 ranked higher than Beech's top rated opponent #14 Mt Juliet. 6A district 7 is perennially a beast. There are other examples.

Just food for thought. Has nothing to do with "who's the best player." I think most would agree it's probably Hurd, so your continued crusade is starting to sound a bit shrill.

So tell me, who were the 5A and 6A BASKEBALL state champs last year? You just lost a lot of credibility when you refer to 5A and 6A basketball teams. Maybe you should stick to the store-bought division.

Your rant only proves my point, which apparently sailed right over your head. Before he was injured, Wilson Central was doing a pretty good job of containing him. After the injury, he had NO business playing. And it should NEVER be up to the player to decide when to come out of game. That's how they get CAREER-ENDING injuries. Of course the warrior will want to stay in the battle. It's up to the coach to prevent it.

No, nothing sailed over anything, and the only thing that has become quite apparent on this thread is that you think that you know everything. Have your opinion; it means jack **** here.

So tell me, who were the 5A and 6A BASKEBALL state champs last year? You just lost a lot of credibility when you refer to 5A and 6A basketball teams. Maybe you should stick to the store-bought division.

LMAO.....

No, nothing sailed over anything, and the only thing that has become quite apparent on this thread is that you think that you know everything. Have your opinion; it means jack **** here.

I didnt say it, but sure was thinking it.....

Edited by Kevin38

??? You are going so far out of your way to find something to criticize or ridicule that you're "reading" things into statements. READ what I actually said. Again. Never referred to 5A and 6A basketball teams. There are 1A through 6A football teams. There are A, AA and AAA basketball teams. This is how their playoffs are set up. The teams that make up 5A and 6A in football are the teams that make up AAA in BBall. Some referred to "9AAA" as if it were a football division. It isn't. Is that clear enough?

Edited by owlbooster

What "has become quite apparent on this thread" is that you and your little coterie of buddies have little if any regard for almost anybody's opinions except your own and you are looking to be disagreeable so you can say something cute of clever.

What also is apparent is that this thread was probably more of a Beech/Jalen Hurd promotional site rather a site for rational discussion of an arguably pointless if not stupid topic. How can you pick a "best player" when you have so many candidates, playing "skilled" vs "strength" positions, offense and/or defense, against different levels of competition? Answer: you can't. It led to "pissing contests."

Time to let it R.I.P. At the very least until season's end. As one poster said, let's just be happy and proud that we have so many great players to talk about.

What "has become quite apparent on this thread" is that you and your little coterie of buddies have little if any regard for almost anybody's opinions except your own and you are looking to be disagreeable so you can say something cute of clever.

What also is apparent is that this thread was probably more of a Beech/Jalen Hurd promotional site rather a site for rational discussion of an arguably pointless if not stupid topic. How can you pick a "best player" when you have so many candidates, playing "skilled" vs "strength" positions, offense and/or defense, against different levels of competition? Answer: you can't. It led to "pissing contests."

Time to let it R.I.P. At the very least until season's end. As one poster said, let's just be happy and proud that we have so many great players to talk about.

Well Said OwlBooster!!!!!!