Bearden vs Maryville

utvolzfan

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

577132_365138210229938_274084554_n.jpg

Ya , you were right about the Refs having problems there Utvolzfan.... apparently you " overlooked " some of the non holding calls and Spot issues when Maryville had the ball . These Refs were awful , sorry , but that's just the honest truth . Bearden has a good team this year , they will win a lot of games this year ... especially if this Ref crew is there ... lol

Edited by pepvol

Very tough game. Very easily could have gone Bearden's way. Tough spot on the opening drive in 3rd deep in Rebel territory turned momentum. I though Dawgs were robbed of that first down. Great play call by Maryville on 2nd TD. 3rd TD was meaningless after Bearden was pressing on 4th down with under 5min lft. In my opinion the Bearden boys played tough, just as many good athletes as Maryville but offensive coaching edge goes to Maryville. Here is why, Waters played a lot of fullback for Bearden but in 1rst half had 3 carries for 54 yds. Maryville could not stop him, actually nobody stops him this season except Bearden's coaches, he got no more carries..what the heck. Twice on key 3rd and 4th down and 2 yd situations they did something stupid instead of just handing Waters the ball from the I..he had 9 tackles on D and played entire game both ways so maybe they thought they needed to save him for that but but here is my opinion. We can beat the easier teams with him at fullback and running the other speedy backs but Waters has size and isn't slow, it always takes 2-3 guys to tackle him. To beat West or Maryville in a rematch he needs 15 carries..something has to give or we will get close but no cigar in big games.

Tha spot wuz rite inn frunt ov me and tha Beerden QB wuz stopped a full yard short on tha 4th down att tha start ov tha thurd....Thair wuz a bad spot rite befour that tho..Tha Umparr spottid tha bawl a full yard ahead (ov tha down markur) fer tha Bulldawgs frum tha preevius down onn tha encompleet pass and Beer-Den steal coodun't git hit on 4th.... Eye will say that tha Beer-Den QB wuz faist tho and a good athleet......

#3 iz a good playur and big ole baik, butt he waz playin' both waze and gettin' tarred...And #3 did cairy hit moore inn tha seccund haif and got stuffed a fue times inn tha seccund haif when'st he did run hit....... Mairvul maid sum nice haiftime adjustmints on deefence.....

Beer-Den haz a good teem....Wood luv two sea tha Bulldawg gaim agin Knotts West....popcorneater.gif

Edited by STARSNBARS

WOW what a game last night. I would venture to say that most Maryville fans on this board didn't expect such a close game. I thought both teams played extremely hard last night. Maryville usually gets a huge play out of Trick plays and Bearden came up huge with the INT on the halfback pass. I have to say that the Maryville coaching staff and players are the most disciplined group of guys that Ive seen play in a long, long time. A true class act. I think that is why kids want to play for Coach Quarles. Ive had the pleasure of meeting him one time and came away extremely impressed.

In my opinion, the key to the game was the opening drive of the 2nd half. Bearden drove down the field for over 7 minutes and were stopped on 4th down. Had they been able to score on that series, the momentum would have been on their side. Great stop by the Maryville Defense. Very impressed by both Maryville RB's.

As to the officiating. It wasn't bad at all. Maryville only had one penalty called against them all night, a 5 yd offside. Other than that, they didn't miss a single call. Possibly a few bad spots, but overall a well officated game nonetheless. Only call that came into question was the pass to the Bearden WR in the 4th quater. Bearden got called for holding, but it appeared that there was a blantant late hit in front of the Maryville sidelines in which 3 officials threw their flags, yet no unsportsman like penalty was called...(ive reviewed the tapes...should have been a 15yd penalty)

Overall, I was extremely please how both teams came to play last night. Both fan bases were energized and passionate. I can see both teams winning out and meeting up again the playoffs. Best of luck to both teams for the remainder of their season.

Great game to watch last night. Felt the game could have been won by Bearden but feel they just got out coached after the half when Maryville adjusted. Bearden had several opportunities as did Maryville that weren't capitalized on. Don't really think the refs were bad, there were some things on both sides that could have been called etc. but that's normal. All in all thought the refs did a pretty good job. I would love to see a rematch of this game later in the season but don't know if the out come would be any different unless the Bearden coaches make some better decisions with adjustments, time management, 3rd and 1 or 2 calls etc. As usual Quarles was a class act with a disciplined team. Good effort by both teams.

This was our "game of the week" and we drove down from Kingsport. Great game, but realistically, Bearden was beat when they were attempting FGs on very makeable 4th and short situations in the first half. I told my wife after the first FG that Maryville would win, it was just a matter of by how much. You won't beat Maryville by kicking field goals in those situations.