Greenback verses Grace

orngnblk

Just a reminder to GCA, no one has stepped forward yet, thought I'd give it another bump. Oh to stay on topic this should be a good game.

roflolk.gifroflol.gifflower.gif

It is great to see you will be eating your name this Friday night. You clowns cannot even match up with our cheerleaders.

I notice no GB-er has YET been able to refute my match-up claim. Pray tell, what are you putting your faith in that you can even stay in this game much less win it?

Look for my wrap-up post at 10:00 PM Friday night. I so look forward to seeing the crow and maj cower in shame.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is great to see you will be eating your name this Friday night. You clowns cannot even match up with our cheerleaders.

I notice no GB-er has YET been able to refute my match-up claim. Pray tell, what are you putting your faith in that you can even stay in this game much less win it?

Look for my wrap-up post at 10:00 PM Friday night. I so look forward to seeing the crow and maj cower in shame.

Come on man, I know you don't want the teacher to catch you on the T during study hall but look at my posts. I'm not even from GB.

Who is the fastest and the strongest kids on these two teams and are any colleges looking at them? Have any of these two teams ever had a kid go D1 if so, who and when? I hear alot of Smack on here but I'm not seeing where any of your Kids are being noticed and with All this Hype a person would be led to believe that these two teams would be oozing with major D1 prospects? Can someone enlighten me on this?

Its just high school football. Less than 1% of all high school athletes actually go on to play that sport in college.

. Being no#1 in the state surely they would have some massive talent?

Seriously? Your measure of Single A football success is how many D1 players they have? How many D1 signings came out of last year's Single A state champs? For that matter, how many D1 players came out of the state champ teams from ANY classification?

Edited by KeetoVictory

Its just high school football. Less than 1% of all high school athletes actually go on to play that sport in college.

Seriously? Your measure of Single A football success is how many D1 players they have? How many D1 signings came out of last year's Single A state champs? For that matter, how many D1 players came out of the state champ teams from ANY classification?

Hummm let's see.....Ensworth, South Pittsburg, Montgomery Bell, Knoxville Webb etc etc 1% I would think is alittle low? It don't matter what classification a kid is playing in!!! With that attitude and way of thinking their would never be a D1 Prospect from Greenback? If a team is good enough to be ranked no#1 in the state surely there's got to be some prospects?

Hummm let's see.....Ensworth, South Pittsburg, Montgomery Bell, Knoxville Webb etc etc 1% I would think is alittle low? It don't matter what classification a kid is playing in!!! With that attitude and way of thinking their would never be a D1 Prospect from Greenback? If a team is good enough to be ranked no#1 in the state surely there's got to be some prospects?

There are 254,000 seniors who play high school football. There are only 5,042 athletic scholarships awarded at the D1 level. Your odds are 1-50 that you get a scholarship or about 1.9% nationally. So yeah I guess 1% is a little low but still not very good odds. I would be interested in seeing a breakdown state by state but I was unable to find one so far. . . Oh yeah, almost forgot, gonna be a good gameflower.gif

Edited by crow

There are 254,000 seniors who play high school football. There are only 5,042 athletic scholarships awarded at the D1 level. Your odds are 1-50 that you get a scholarship or about 1.9% nationally. So yeah I guess 1% is a little low but still not very good odds. I would be interested in seeing a breakdown state by state but I was unable to find one so far. . . Oh yeah, almost forgot, gonna be a good gameflower.gif

Thanks Coach for that information!! A good Game ummmm depends on who's side your sitting on!!

Its called working as a team.Crow good luck this week,i have read enough of these silly post that do not require an answer.This should be embarrasing to some of these childish people acting this way trying to get a rise out of some high school kids.I will go watch my boys play their butts off friday night win lose or draw and will be proud of these young men(and girl)no matter what the outcome.This will be my last post on this thread it has went sour pretty quick!Good luck Greenback and hope no injuries to either team.This is something we havnt done all year and thats spout off at the mouth,these boys so far have just taken care of business on the field.I do expect the same come fri.God bless you other Christian folk!Oh and by the way-our coaches have more class and dignity than Grace's staff(other than coach Brewster) could ever muster.That wasnt on your comparison list was it? Edited by orngnblk

Thanks Coach for that information!! A good Game ummmm depends on who's side your sitting on!!

Don't claim to be a coach, just try to make posts that at least have some level of fact & reality behind them, try it sometime. As far as a good game, I believe it will be but you never know I guess. Either way this is a GB vs GCA thread & we have been told to "stay on topic" so I'll end with best of luck to Coach Brewster but go 'Kee's.