kingston@alcoa

jacketfan82

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the kid is ok and wish him a bright future...but you cant just throw a flag and say that was too rough! It was a legal tackle...no horse coller, no face mask, etc. It was just a big strong kid grabbing a much smaller kid and throwing him backwards. Again, I hope he is ok and wish him and his team the best of luck!

I hope the kid is ok and wish him a bright future...but you cant just throw a flag and say that was too rough! It was a legal tackle...no horse coller, no face mask, etc. It was just a big strong kid grabbing a much smaller kid and throwing him backwards. Again, I hope he is ok and wish him and his team the best of luck!

I agree............130 lb. freshman............it's football.

I hope the kid is ok and wish him a bright future...but you cant just throw a flag and say that was too rough! It was a legal tackle...no horse coller, no face mask, etc. It was just a big strong kid grabbing a much smaller kid and

throwing him backwards. Again, I hope he is ok and wish him and his team the best of luck!

Nailed it!!!!!!

You actually can say it was too rough. That's why there is a flag for unecessary roughness.

Edited by goosevol

I agree. I don't think the kid should be taken out and flogged, but it was unnecessary and I think it deserved a flag. I just hope Edmonds is okay for Kingston. He's a tough kid and is going to be a good player.

So all this time i have been teaching my son to play hard and give 100% he is suppose to take it easy because some kid is 130 pounds. The kid had momentum and my son grabbed him and done what he had been taught get him to the ground at whatever cost at no point in time was he looking to hurt the kid. No if the kid had landed on his feet and kept running and scored nothing would have been said except that the freshman should have been on sports center. With that being said he is my son and i am very proud of him and expect him to do give all he has for his football team. Also what is classless is that a parent came over to our sideline and was yelling and curssing at him.

He is a heck of a player, and I don't think he's a dirty player. I do think there should have been a flag because once he had his feet off the ground he could have just taken him down instead of flipping him over head first. But that's just my opinion. I also think it's classless that someone from Kingston came over and cursed at him. That's the person that needs to be flogged.

Maybe the parent should have been on his own sideline yelling at his coach or his son's linemen for leaving a beast like #57 unblocked. I would never, ever want to see a young man injured, but don't know how you could fault #57 for physical play. It is football, players are taught (as they should be) to try to break the will of the opponent by being more physical than they are. He was just doing his job.