Football parents i need some help

pagegrad98

You have practice , some coaches over do it with practice and causes burn out. Games will not cause burn out - all the other fringes cause burn out. And don't forget, some parents get burn out as the parents have to take their child to the practices, games, meetings and so on.

No one can be good if they don"t have committed parents. I have been lucky in this aspect. The worst part of football at any level, 7 year old or NFL, will always be those first three to four weeks of practice, once season starts and you are game planning for the next opponent, that practice is fun. Still say a kid that gets burned out on youth football was never going to be much on the football field anyway. Can't speak for their parents, if parents burn out then shame on them.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one can be good if they don"t have committed parents. I have been lucky in this aspect. The worst part of football at any level, 7 year old or NFL, will always be those first three to four weeks of practice, once season starts and you are game planning for the next opponent, that practice is fun. Still say a kid that gets burned out on youth football was never going to be much on the football field anyway. Can't speak for their parents, if parents burn out then shame on them.

Don't know why you are asking for help - you have already made your mind up to let him play and just want to be reinforced that you made the correct decision. Your answers dictate your mind is made up, so let him play!!!

Don't know why you are asking for help - you have already made your mind up to let him play and just want to be reinforced that you made the correct decision. Your answers dictate your mind is made up, so let him play!!!

Sir, go back and read the posts, I am not the one asking for help. I have just responded my input to him, also.

I've been involved with youth football for a while, and I dont' recommend contact til at least 7 years old.

In Gordonsville, we a a 5-7 year old team and I coached that team last year and I had 2 kids out of 20 that needed to be playing.

I had athletes, but they weren't there mentally.

I had one 7 year old that was smart and athletic, and he would hurt kids, because he knew the right way and was athletic enough to do it well.

At that age, I wouldn't let a kid play unless he was a special athlete and has the head to go with it.

Nothing wrong with youth league but you do stand the chance of "burn out".

you nailed it.it's burned a bunch out.think about it.your more wanting them to play jr.high and high school than anything.maybe a year or two of pee-wee is plenty.age 9 is a good starting year.be careful you can burn some kids out.i have seen it with my own eyes and then ask them why they was'nt playing this year and the response was i played for 7 years or more and they were'nt even in high school yet.

you nailed it.it's burned a bunch out.think about it.your more wanting them to play jr.high and high school than anything.maybe a year or two of pee-wee is plenty.age 9 is a good starting year.be careful you can burn some kids out.i have seen it with my own eyes and then ask them why they was'nt playing this year and the response was i played for 7 years or more and they were'nt even in high school yet.

What county are you from? Do baseball players wait until middle school to start playing? No, most start around 5 or 6 with teeball and play every year after that. So where is all the talk of burn out coming from? Face it, a kid that claims he was burnt out with football because he played for several years, really was not a football player to begin with. When you like something, that is what you do, you play it. Comical.

I would never force a kid to play. Only you can understand if your son loves the game or not. You either love football or you find some excuse not to play the game. Our rule was if you want to play go all out. But, you always finish what you start. If you let a kid quit anything they will use the "I quit" button whenever life becomes hard. Whatever choice you make make sure you finish it. icon_e_ugeek.gif

What about signing him up for flag football? Kids really should be taking shots in the head at such a young age. I think they will learn more playing flag football and have more fun. You also run the chance of him burning out early, it happens more than you think. We have a youth program in cannon county, but the coaches don't understand that at that age it isn't about winning it is about having fun, learning fundamentals, and making friends. I think 12 to 14 year old is good time to start pads.