Playoff Quads 1A

powerp

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen don't get me wrong I would love to be home for the playoffs for the atmosphere the gates would be huge but when you play it really doesn't matter. You have to play any game where ever it is. It is tougher on the fans and maybe coaches. The players don't really care. If they want to the coaches can use it ad motivation as a everybody against us kind of thing. The Pirates are going to show up where ever and its going to be and fight. If you lose you you lose and especially Us as Pirates lets quit using traveling as an excuse.

Edited by MrLegit

If I read everything correctly, and the brackets stay as is, then by SP losing to 4a Signal Mountain by 1 point they now have to travel in the playoffs? The way it is now with ( quad 1) Greenback, SP would be the 2 or even 3 maybe with Coalfield in there. Which would put the pirates traveling in the quarters and semis for sure. At Greenback and at Gordonsville possibly, do not like the sound of that!!!!! Hopefully with time the quads will shift a little.

Hey powerp, you need to invite those two TSSAA assistant directors McWhirter and Reeves to the Roy Dillard Show for a much better explanation that what is on their website.

Edited by piratetom

Guest Purplepastry

Cornbread Capitol can beat any 1A team...anywhere, anytime.

You just love putting a bullseye on us don't you? I secretly think you want us to lose.

You are #1 and you can beat any team in 1a. I would think a large marjority of coaches and knowledgeable : fans agree

Ambassador,God love ya, you really need to get you sarcasm detector fixed.

Listen don't get me wrong I would love to be home for the playoffs for the atmosphere the gates would be huge but when you play it really doesn't matter. You have to play any game where ever it is. It is tougher on the fans and maybe coaches. The players don't really care. If they want to the coaches can use it ad motivation as a everybody against us kind of thing. The Pirates are going to show up where ever and its going to be and fight. If you lose you you lose and especially Us as Pirates lets quit using traveling as an excuse.

Playing at home does matter. That's crazy to think your saying playing at Beene Stadium or playing at Creekbank doesn't effect another team. It's not a deciding factor but playing at home helps. Most players would rather play at home if given the choice on any level

Edited by TrainTracks99

Guest Purplepastry

Playing at home does matter. That's crazy to think your saying playing at Beene Stadium or playing at Creekbank doesn't effect another team. It's not a deciding factor but playing at home helps. Most players would rather play at home if given the choice on any level

This is awsome! Great post!

If they are smart and want a great championship game and atmosphere with ALOT of fans spending that money they will put either Gville or SP in the west so it's a definite matchup between the 2 best teams

Not too long ago I would have argued that point but not anymore. I see the east taking this 1A championship and admit I was wrong and way too cocky in earlier posts. Yes a great 1A championship game would be between Gville and SP . that match up has my vote.

Not too long ago I would have argued that point but not anymore. I see the east taking this 1A championship and admit I was wrong and way too cocky in earlier posts. Yes a great 1A championship game would be between Gville and SP . that match up has my vote.

So if it can't be Union City the west can't win?

So if it can't be Union City the west can't win?

Ive always sais it would be UC or Huntingdon in the Championship game. Now its Huntingdon. Im saying that those teams are better than what we have over here this season. You guys are a great team and can play with those guys better than the rest of us for sure but I dont think you can win. Sorry man I support the Stangs and will be in your corner but Im just giving an honest assessment of where we are this time of the season.

I said it doesn't matter to our team, our player, our boys, whatever you want to call them. If you have ever played before you know that you do not pay attention to the crowd and if you are paying attention you are not concentrating on the right thing. Going on the road you get out of school early and get to ride on a chartered bus. I makes a difference more to the fans than to our players,