Loretto @ Collinwood

lowtn

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Loretto will win this game. They have a few players out but the others seem to enjoy getting the extra carries and playing time. Loretto has depth this year and a lot of ways to score. The new QB has really come on the last few weeks. You had better respect him or he will make you pay. The tight end has really played well also. He has made big plays everywhere. He is fun to watch! Here is the highlight film from Friday night!

When you say Loretto has a few players out, are you refering to the result of the ejections from the Richland game? I thought if anyone was going to be suspended, that it would be for just one game. Were they suspended for more than that?

I have to take Collinwood, even though Mt Pleasant hammered them I was still impressed. Collinwood couldn't s top Harlin but I doubt anyone can, he basically just takes off and nobody can catch him. Collinwood moved the ball for big yardage and their defense shut down everyone except Harlin. If I was to give Collinwood some advice I would say insert a couple of the younger,

faster players at linebacker...they seem a step slow at that postion. Otherwise, they are a very strong team and I look for them to win out without to much trouble despite losing maybe their best player in Jacob Daniel

also If the mustangs think they are gonna show up in Collinwood and notch an easy win, they will be sadly fooled fer real. Adamsville and Mt Pleasant are true 2a powerhouses, I doubt Loretto is at that level

When did Mt. Pleasant and Adamsville become 2A teams? Like most Collinwood fans (that I know anyway), you dont seem to keep up with whats happening with the rest of the teams in the area. Go back and look at the margin of victories against teams that Mt. Pleasant and Loretto have in common. I think you are going to be very surprised by how good Loretto is. Last week Loretto was up 42-7 at halftime. Came out and scored again inside 2 minutes of the start of the 3rd quarter and then emptied the bench and did not give up any points the entire second half. I know Collinwood got trounced by Mt. Pleasant, which really surprised me. But I think Collinwood will come out scrapping against Loretto Friday and give them a tough game. But Loretto will get the Win

Fodeldink, you need to catch up. Adamsville and MP are 2a. There are three divisions during the season then 6 during playoffs. As for the Wood coaches.....don't worry about it, you have no idea.

Is Mt. Pleasant even got enough students to be 2A? With this new system the TSSAA has come up with, you dont know who has moved up in class or who has went down until the playoffs. Its a stupid, stupid system. It makes no sense whatsoever. There was nothing wrong with the way it was. If it aint broke, dont fix it! Edited by fodeldink

Is Mt. Pleasant even got enough students to be 2A? With this new system the TSSAA has come up with, you dont know who has moved up in class or who has went down until the playoffs. Its a stupid, stupid system. It makes no sense whatsoever. There was nothing wrong with the way it was. If it aint broke, dont fix it!

All about the monies.

It is my understanding that a few players will still have to set for the Collinwood game. They are good players, but the next ones in line have really played well. Loretto did not miss a beat last Friday night. In fact, they looked stronger in some areas. I am not talking about the players. Loretto has started to become Multi-Dimensional. In years past we have been a one trick pony. This year we have several ways to score. We have the running game with 3 good backs at all times. Allen, Brown, and Zack. Each of these guys can take it to the house. They are often in the game at the same time. Dalton has some jets also. The Stangs also have a new passing game. It is not fancy, but it will hurt the defense when needed. Rosson has showed me he can lead the offense. He has some very good receivers in Burks, Harris, and Darnell. I think Loretto gets the win. It will be a hard hitting game.

It is my understanding that a few players will still have to set for the Collinwood game. They are good players, but the next ones in line have really played well. Loretto did not miss a beat last Friday night. In fact, they looked stronger in some areas. I am not talking about the players. Loretto has started to become Multi-Dimensional. In years past we have been a one trick pony. This year we have several ways to score. We have the running game with 3 good backs at all times. Allen, Brown, and Zack. Each of these guys can take it to the house. They are often in the game at the same time. Dalton has some jets also. The Stangs also have a new passing game. It is not fancy, but it will hurt the defense when needed. Rosson has showed me he can lead the offense. He has some very good receivers in Burks, Harris, and Darnell. I think Loretto gets the win. It will be a hard hitting game.

Well if that the case, then the TSSAA is overreacting. Only one player really done anything at all. I'm sure the refs got to tell the TSSAA their version of what happened and probably didn't want to hear Loretto's coaches side of the story or just dismissed it.

As I understand it two of the players were going to get 1 game and the other was to get 2, but the school decided to tack on an extra game for each. I guess to show they dont expect that to happen again. That was bad for T as he really looked like he was trying to seperate the players and not actually fighting. I heard that from a few different sources. Lowtn was right in the fact we didnt miss a beat and did look better but that depth at those spots really helps out in tough games and this Friday will be a tough game.

Edited by RedTang

I have to take Collinwood, even though Mt Pleasant hammered them I was still impressed. Collinwood couldn't s top Harlin but I doubt anyone can, he basically just takes off and nobody can catch him. Collinwood moved the ball for big yardage and their defense shut down everyone except Harlin. If I was to give Collinwood some advice I would say insert a couple of the younger,

faster players at linebacker...they seem a step slow at that postion. Otherwise, they are a very strong team and I look for them to win out without to much trouble despite losing maybe their best player in Jacob Daniel

also If the mustangs think they are gonna show up in Collinwood and notch an easy win, they will be sadly fooled fer real. Adamsville and Mt Pleasant are true 2a powerhouses, I doubt Loretto is at that level

i agree