Science Hill vs Boone

TopperFootball

There is plenty of opportunity for Boone in this one. Scott and Janeway need to play assignment football or Littleton will hurt them with the option. South proved there is plenty to exploit with play action and the deep ball. Coach Jenkins is the best coach in the conference at squeezing the most out of the material he has to work with. He will try to grind this one down. If they can knock Reed down some, look out. Science Hill needs to make big plays on special teams early and get off to a good start. They won't convert 4th and goals from the 18 yd. line on Boone like they did on South.

Toppers have a good team and HCSC is getting it done over there but the faithful buying stock in the team based on the wins over Mo-West and Greeneville need to come to terms with the quality of those wins. Neither team is nearly as good as they were last year.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you dumb? SH is just as physical as you say your boys are. If they were not how would they be able to beat some of the best teams around here so far? They will out run any player on that field that night and you better like seeing SH light up the score board with their "speed" that has helped them in everygame.

thumbnailcaih57i9.jpg

Name any coaches around here that have been successful at beating DB...Clark has a machine there, no doubt...but Carter couldn't beat him at South because he didn't have the athletes...plain and simple...even his best teams couldn't match up. He best shot was Phillips sophomore year and that year they did have equal players...but they couldn't hold onto the football.

Carter now has the athletes, he just has to build a machine like Clark. You are right on the fans...they need to come out and be on time...but it takes time. I believe he has to beat DB to get real believers in the city whose kids don't play or are not in the band or former players...

Last years results and the past 15 years don't matter. It is about matching up and coaching. SH hasn't been able to match up in the past and if they could, they never had the coaching. Now they have the coaching IMO, and they have to work on matching up against DB...nothing in this area prepares you for that...DB is physical up front and in the middle and they also have the speed.

And the kids transferring from SH are basketball players...not football players...and there is a reason...SH has a much better BB program than DB. Charlie M is playing catch-up...much like Stacy C

Good post!

A Boone grad? No way not me! I've been trying for so long to hide it and here you are telling the whole world that I graduated from Boone. What gave me away? Let me guess, you figured out that the trailblazer in my name had to mean something and it led you straight to the thought that I was a Boone grad. I should have tried to hide my identity a little better. Nothing gets past you slick. Over the last three seasons my rough and tough little football squad has beat your city boys two out of three times. As for beating volunteer by 8 that seems to be your only foot to stand on so I'll take a shot at knocking you on over. Boone beat volunteer by 8 and beat Tennessee High by 30. According to your crutch that Boone is not good because they beat volunteer by 8 it translates to you are saying that volunteer is better than Tennessee High. Not thinking so. Boone beat volunteer by 8 early in the season. A good football team grows over the course of the season and what Boone did to Tennessee High shows how much they have grown. DB will put SH on their tail right before the playoffs and yall will still be whining about it when you lose in the first round of the playoffs. There's one thing that Boone has over you, we may not have the athletes to compete with DB and it showed when we played them but it doesn't matter because the whole reason you play the season is to have a shot at a state title and we don't have to play them to do that.....but you do! In that sense SH might as well not even have a football team. The past 4 seasons Boone has had trouble making it past knoxville in the playoffs but thats something that yall dont have worry about because you can't even make it out of the tri-cities. Oh wait nevermind yall have a hard enough time even making the playoffs....

If you're not going to use bullet points, at least organize your thoughts in paragraph form.

SH has run into the same Maryville wall a lot of other teams have in the playoffs.

As far as Boone taking 2 out of 3 from SH, well, there are plenty of things that happened in the past that you won't see happen again.

If you're not going to use bullet points, at least organize your thoughts in paragraph form.

SH has run into the same Maryville wall a lot of other teams have in the playoffs.

As far as Boone taking 2 out of 3 from SH, well, there are plenty of things that happened in the past that you won't see happen again.

If I wanted my work edited, I'd send it to an English teacher. One subject is a paragraph multiple subjects require multiple paragraphs. Figured you'd know that with that fine SH education you've got there. In the county we spread butter on toast, what do you city folk do with it?

Edited by trailblazersback

Seriously this is the best thread ever....Boone guy says that we have kicked their butts 2 of the last 3 years, which they have and have just as good a chance to do it this friday...SH guy says we have like 135 weapons just like the Vikes said last week and says they win by 5 tds because we beat Volunteer by 8....then our x-girlfriend DB who we love now even though they broke our hearts a few weeks back they are definitely better than you guys...LOL I love it...and don't forget the butter

I would like to bring out a point that seems to come up often about the lack of support of football in jc. I see that most towns around this area are blue collar towns. I know there is money in jc and kingsport but how its made reflects the culture of the city. Kingsport bristol and rural counties are mostly blue collar workers that have grown up playing football. Jc is white collar higher education professionals or white jacket medical jobs, in which most individuals were very academic in nature or from foreign countries that didnt grow up with football.

Seriously this is the best thread ever....Boone guy says that we have kicked their butts 2 of the last 3 years, which they have and have just as good a chance to do it this friday...SH guy says we have like 135 weapons just like the Vikes said last week and says they win by 5 tds because we beat Volunteer by 8....then our x-girlfriend DB who we love now even though they broke our hearts a few weeks back they are definitely better than you guys...LOL I love it...and don't forget the butter

I would like to bring out a point that seems to come up often about the lack of support of football in jc. I see that most towns around this area are blue collar towns. I know there is money in jc and kingsport but how its made reflects the culture of the city. Kingsport bristol and rural counties are mostly blue collar workers that have grown up playing football. Jc is white collar higher education professionals or white jacket medical jobs, in which most individuals were very academic in nature or from foreign countries that didnt grow up with football.

More support for the fact that SH and their white collared "professional" are......soft as butter!

Yep, we're all from New Dheli and Beijing in Johnson City. Lest you forget half of Gray is incorporated into Johnson City...

Easy now . . . I'm a Boone grad . . . I have fond memories and life lessons of my days at Daniel Boone as a student and athlete. But, my kids have played and continue to compete under the banner of Science Hill. I'm proud of that!

But, on the same token . . . If I lived in the county and my kids went to Boone . . . I would be okay with that too.

I will say, there is some benefits in education and in athletics that were (are) available at Science Hill that isn't available at Boone.

It is what it is . . .

Edited by The Hill

Easy now . . . I'm a Boone grad . . . I have fond memories and life lessons of my days at Daniel Boone as a student and athlete. But, my kids have played and continue to compete under the banner of Science Hill. I'm proud of that!

But, on the same token . . . If I lived in the county and my kids went to Boone . . . I would be okay with that too.

I will say, there is some benefits in education and in athletics that were (are) available at Science Hill that isn't available at Boone.

It is what it is . . .

Could you please elaborate on those opportunities.