Science Hill vs Boone

TopperFootball

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you please elaborate on those opportunities.

In all seriousness, my mother went to Boone and my father to Crockett. As kids, they pulled me and my brothers from Gray elementary and sent us to Liberty Bell. One reason was for the opportunities in music (I'm a confessed band geek). Other reasons were purely academic.

Could you please elaborate on those opportunities.

More money – means more accelerated classes, more special needs classes, better equipment, better facilities, more focus on standout athletes and more sporting opportunities (like state ranked swimming team and state championship girls wrestling). Just to mention a few.

Edited by The Hill

In all seriousness, my mother went to Boone and my father to Crockett. As kids, they pulled me and my brothers from Gray elementary and sent us to Liberty Bell. One reason was for the opportunities in music (I'm a confessed band geek). Other reasons were purely academic.

Please excuse me while I chuckle.......................ok I'm finished. A confessed band geek taking pride in his ball team, this softens my heart. I'll give ya that argument SH band is WAY better than Boones. I'm having a hard time remembering the last time I went to a football game to hear the band play. That's usually the time I get up and use the facilities. By the way, your parents should have sent you to DB if they were looking for a good band program for you because once again SH sits 2nd to DB in that category also.

Please excuse me while I chuckle.......................ok I'm finished. A confessed band geek taking pride in his ball team, this softens my heart. I'll give ya that argument SH band is WAY better than Boones. I'm having a hard time remembering the last time I went to a football game to hear the band play. That's usually the time I get up and use the facilities. By the way, your parents should have sent you to DB if they were looking for a good band program for you because once again SH sits 2nd to DB in that category also.

Each of us has our own talents, mine is music. I'm only a football fan; I've never claimed to be anything more. And back in my day, Science Hill's band owned DB, of course that was before Lafe Cook...

More support for the fact that SH and their white collared "professional" are......soft as butter!

Oh yeah! Being highly educated and working in medical fields making money everyone dreams of is so bad! Soft as butter man! Must suck to be well off. But who cares as long as we have Boone football! Seriously though, how can you even make fun of that.

Oh yeah! Being highly educated and working in medical fields making money everyone dreams of is so bad! Soft as butter man! Must suck to be well off. But who cares as long as we have Boone football! Seriously though, how can you even make fun of that.

Didn't say it was bad to be well off, said it made you soft, as in not tough, as in wimps. Some people make a living with their brain other people make it by breaking their back. The blue collared back breaking worker is who made this country what it is. Because they are tough, hard workers and don't have everything given to them. I am a product of a working man and a county school and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I learned things inside of that county school that you city slickers couldn't even begin to grasp. Keep your white collar and I'll keep my blue one.

The only thing that can twist the last page or two even more is for 78 and TrailBlazerback to say they went to SH ! The Hill,I know how having kids go to another school can change your loyalties in a flash.I've been to two DB vs Greeneville games and had on the Maroon and grey .Still love my old Devils but the kids changed my home side

Didn't say it was bad to be well off, said it made you soft, as in not tough, as in wimps. Some people make a living with their brain other people make it by breaking their back. The blue collared back breaking worker is who made this country what it is. Because they are tough, hard workers and don't have everything given to them. I am a product of a working man and a county school and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I learned things inside of that county school that you city slickers couldn't even begin to grasp. Keep your white collar and I'll keep my blue one.

Well if you knew me you wouldn't be saying that. Do you know anything of the coal industry? Yeah. Not white collar.

The bottom line is . . . The kids take the field, some will get burned, some will get bruised, but all will have fun playing the game! The rest of us will hopefully enjoying watching it . . . Then we can rush home, jump on CoachT and boast, laugh, argue, get mad, wine, cry and have fun doing it.

popcorneater.gif We must like it or we wouldn't keep coming back! icon_mrgreen.gif

The bottom line is . . . The kids take the field, some will get burned, some will get bruised, but all will have fun playing the game! The rest of us will hopefully enjoying watching it . . . Then we can rush home, jump on CoachT and boast, laugh, argue, get mad, wine, cry and have fun doing it.

popcorneater.gif We must like it or we wouldn't keep coming back! icon_mrgreen.gif

Wasn't really attacking you personally. When I said you I meant JC/SH as a whole. As for the coal industry it's a good paying job but very very dangerous.