Science Hill vs Boone

TopperFootball

Wasn't really attacking you personally. When I said you I meant JC/SH as a whole. As for the coal industry it's a good paying job but very very dangerous.

Very dangerous work for sure.The dependability of everyone doing their job safe and nature it's self would make any man kiss their loved ones with meaning before they went to work every day.I guess it's like one of my boys being in law enforcement and loving what he does.You just tell them to take every safe measure, but you also know that if something happens,they are doing what they love to do.I don't know that coal miners love their jobs,but I'm sure making a living for their families is something that drives them to put their own saftey after their wife and kids.You have to respect that nomatter what.Now "the Hill", if you own the coal mine,I'd just leave that part out !

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this thread has strayed from the important topic. With game time a little over 24 hours away, let's get back to it.

Some numbers you guys can analyze:

Average margin of Victory

• Science Hill - 33
  • Daniel Boone - 19.6 (I even through out your loss to DB)

Points For/Against

• Science Hill PF 304 (50.67 avg per game)
  • Science Hill PA 106 (17.67 ave per game)

• Daniel Boone PF 173 (28.8 avg per game)
  • Daniel Boone PA 110 (18.3 avg per game)

Since Boone and SH only have one common opponent, I used one last metric to compare defenses. When you take the average points Boone's opponents scored in their other games verses the points they scored against Boone, they scored 40% less against Boone than against their other opponents. When you do the same for Science Hill, their opponents scored 30% less against SH than their other opponents. When you plug in those numbers with each teams offensive output, you get a score of 30-20 in favor of Science Hill.

Based on this, there isn't a statistically significant case to claim that Boone has a superior defense than Science Hill, at best you could say they are statistically equivalent.

I think this thread has strayed from the important topic. With game time a little over 24 hours away, let's get back to it.

• Science Hill - 33

Points For/Against

Since Boone and SH only have one common opponent, I used one last metric to compare defenses. When you take the average points Boone's opponents scored in their other games verses the points they scored against Boone, they scored 40% less against Boone than against their other opponents. When you do the same for Science Hill, their opponents scored 30% less against SH than their other opponents. When you plug in those numbers with each teams offensive output, you get a score of 30-20 in favor of Science Hill.

Based on this, there isn't a statistically significant case to claim that Boone has a superior defense than Science Hill, at best you could say they are statistically equivalent.

wacko.pngunsure.pngwacko.png My head just essploded.

• Science Hill - 33

Points For/Against

You might want to go practice the tuba some more and put the calc. down. Stats are overrated when measuring a defense. You guys have allowed 106 pts but how many of those came in garbage time on the 2nd and third teamers? What about turnovers giving teams a short field, etc... there is too many factors invloved to strictly look at total points allowed. The only stat that matters is W-L.

Edited by tosssweep

Its not about numbers its about people. The head coaches are a big part and edge to Jenkins. Then it goes to personnel on the field, after all the kids play the game. Both teams are talented, but advantage Toppers because of numbers but in the end it will come down to execution, who can make a play with their heart, head, and toughness. No one can judge that and hince let the game begin!!

...just a note to those who have commented about my analysis of why there is not a lot of community support for SH. I never said that JC was all white collar but what i did say is that your cities population is made mostly of college kids, college professionals, and people in the medical field. Now tell me what interest that some kid from another part of the country or world, a collegiate professor or medical professional who is probably again from some where else would come to a game unless their kid is involved. There are hard working blue collar people in JC. What I am saying is that what members of your community grew up going to friday night games with the family and of that population who probably did, did not go to SH...

Anyways looking forward to a great game

...just a note to those who have commented about my analysis of why there is not a lot of community support for SH. I never said that JC was all white collar but what i did say is that your cities population is made mostly of college kids, college professionals, and people in the medical field. Now tell me what interest that some kid from another part of the country or world, a collegiate professor or medical professional who is probably again from some where else would come to a game unless their kid is involved. There are hard working blue collar people in JC. What I am saying is that what members of your community grew up going to friday night games with the family and of that population who probably did, did not go to SH...

Anyways looking forward to a great game

Speculatory BS...If you want a reason for lack of fan support (I don't really by that by the way), look no further than results.

Haven't beaten DB since 1994, countless losing seasons in the time frame, including 0-10 and 1-9 seasons. Haven't advanced past the 2nd round of the playoffs since the early 90s.

Of course, winning changes things...

Speculatory BS...If you want a reason for lack of fan support (I don't really by that by the way), look no further than results.

Haven't beaten DB since 1994, countless losing seasons in the time frame, including 0-10 and 1-9 seasons. Haven't advanced past the 2nd round of the playoffs since the early 90s.

He's helping to support your case and you knock him down? A tuba and calculator await you maybe you should just stick to "your love of music". That one time at band camp......we all know how that one ends.

Edited by trailblazersback

So the SH fan base is a bunch of frontrunners that only support their program when they are winning. Sounds about right. It's good to see you can make a good post, maybe during all of the others you were out of breath and lightheaded from blowing your horn too much?