Cathlick vs. Mairvul

STARSNBARS

And I agree with you , I'm not putting him down at all as a man , I just think he's ridden a long ways on a State Championship at Alcoa ... The team I saw last night , and last year was not very well coached , and about as predictable as watching Nebraska in the 70's . If Meadows wants to stick around he needs to get some young blood on Offense and let them run the show . Wing T , I formation 2 yds and a Cloud of dust Football will not win against the well coached teams of today . Maryville has beat an awful lot of Wing T teams over the last decade that had a ton more athletes than we did ... Thank Goodness some of those Hillsboro teams didn't have a solid passing game ... lol

LOL, i agree with you man. Seems he is stuck in the Tom Osborne age of football. In today's game, you have to have a hint of a passing game, at least. Maybe he just doesn't have the QB to that with? I have no clue, for i haven't seen Catholic play one game since the Harrison Smith era. Boy, he was fun to watch btw...I honestly don't think Pemberton would be able to do much with these Catholic teams Meadows has had, though. They just aint got the talent they had when he (Pemberton) was coaching. Not saying Meadows is a great coach by any means, but it looks on the surface, with the excpetion of some good RB's that he doesn't have a lot to work with there. I know he made that WB team into a pretty dang good one, though.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our QB has struggled to throw the ball all year. Critical interceptions in multiple games this year. We've had far more success running the ball and with three solid backs that is the correct decision, even down 38.

Well that may be true if you have a QB that hasn't received good coaching on how to make better decisions . So that's your stance then , blame the QB ? Just like I said , Meadows specialty is the Wing T , maybe if he brought in a young Coach who had learned football under Coach Quarles or some other Passing guru , that QB would look completely different . I don't really care to be honest with you , I just expected a lot more out of Catholic the last 2 years .

Well that may be true if you have a QB that hasn't received good coaching on how to make better decisions . So that's your stance then , blame the QB ? Just like I said , Meadows specialty is the Wing T , maybe if he brought in a young Coach who had learned football under Coach Quarles or some other Passing guru , that QB would look completely different . I don't really care to be honest with you , I just expected a lot more out of Catholic the last 2 years .

Meadows first year at Catholic he went with a spread offense abandoning a Wing T system that had been very good under Pemberton. He supposedly had a stud QB along with several very good receivers. He also had a massive frontline better suited to a running game. I was surprised to find out he was a Wing T advocate. Didn't make alot of sense to me since these kids had been running Pemberton's offense for years in the youth program. I'm not blaming the QB at all was just stating that sticking with the run was the best option at this time.

I think Sweet Science is pretty accurate in his assessment.

SS thanks for the input but, you make the same case as I do, we don't have the same talent and that is directly do to the direction of our program, someone posted about the 8th grader that went to a rival school after playing for Catholic's 8th grade team, that is exactly what I have been posting about. During that 8th graders playing time his dad was allowed to do pre-game speeches full access to the program and after seeing how things were run he eliminated Catholic out of the running and took his son were he thought best for him, reminder this is after a full season of total access to our program, if we were doing the right things his son would have been here.

For all the believers of our program not being able to compete with the big boys may be interested in this.

Although it had been dominant in smaller classifications for more than 20 years, Brentwood Academy's decision to play up three classifications, then winning yet another football championship against the state's largest programs, was simply too much to ignore.

The Nashville-area power had drawn too much attention to itself by beating schools with more than twice its enrollment, and with football driving many of the decisions by the TSSAA's rules makers, the Eagles' 5A title in 1995 was all the proof the public schools needed that they no longer could compete for state titles.

This is just a small part of the article in the Chattanooga Times, link is below if you want to read the full article. Just goes to show you, with the right coaching anything is possible

http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/article.cfm?id=385069

My nephew coached under Scott Meadows in 2004 at William Blount. My nephew still keeps in touch with Scott Meadows. He likes Meadows a lot.

Mark Pemberton was a darn good coach. But! He had a lot more talent. When I saw Catholic play for the 3A Title in 2008 what impressed me was the size and strength of those linemen. When I found out a lot of those kids were coming back I thought right then Maryville could be in trouble in 2009.

Edited by REBELRON

Overall at WB 26 and 29 pretty good...

Scott Meadows was not the head coach at WB for the 1-9 season in 2008. So his record at WB was actually 25-20. And for someone to appreciate that record, you have to recognize how bad WB had been before he got there and how bad they are now. Why don't you ask WB fans now if they would take a coach who gets them to the playoffs 3 out of his 4 years there. I suspect you would get a yes ph34r.png

Wow, can any of you guys call into Catholic and give the admin some of these views, better watch out or Patrice will be giving you a lesson on why we are so great, I am a very proud Irish supporter but this has become comical, last night was like watching a team that cared more about the hype rather than the play and that comes straight from the head coach and the entire coaching staff, when our kids make great plays they act just like our coaches, jumping around and strutting as if something spectacular just happen, Irish let’s just play and forget all the extra theatrics. Great hits, big tackles don't win games, lining up and executing as a team wins games and we just are not at that point right now AND THAT IS NOT OUR KIDS FAULT.

Uglycoaching: Why don't you tell everyone who you are if you are so sure and so confident? Why hide behind a profile? Why don't you talk to the administration/coaches yourself in person?

SS thanks for the input but, you make the same case as I do, we don't have the same talent and that is directly do to the direction of our program, someone posted about the 8th grader that went to a rival school after playing for Catholic's 8th grade team, that is exactly what I have been posting about. During that 8th graders playing time his dad was allowed to do pre-game speeches full access to the program and after seeing how things were run he eliminated Catholic out of the running and took his son were he thought best for him, reminder this is after a full season of total access to our program, if we were doing the right things his son would have been here.

For all the believers of our program not being able to compete with the big boys may be interested in this.

Although it had been dominant in smaller classifications for more than 20 years, Brentwood Academy's decision to play up three classifications, then winning yet another football championship against the state's largest programs, was simply too much to ignore.

The Nashville-area power had drawn too much attention to itself by beating schools with more than twice its enrollment, and with football driving many of the decisions by the TSSAA's rules makers, the Eagles' 5A title in 1995 was all the proof the public schools needed that they no longer could compete for state titles.

This is just a small part of the article in the Chattanooga Times, link is below if you want to read the full article. Just goes to show you, with the right coaching anything is possible

http://www.coacht.co...e.cfm?id=385069

What are you talking about-"total access to our program"?

And, about Brentwood moving up 3 classifications and dominating-what part of recruit don't you understand???? You say you know a lot about football, but you don't. You only have "talking points". That is why nothing you say makes sense and why you are too afraid to reveal your identity. Daddy ball is over in high school.

Those were the facts that were listed on the WB web site, besides I said pretty good, I may not know much about football but I do know a good leader when I see one, also Patrice you may want to watch throwing those rocks because the recruiting issue is everywhere. You still miss the point the article talked about a school moving up and playing well and yes they may have recruited a player, the point is if anyone watched us Friday night and thought for one that we looked like a well coached team then say it, two does our traveling support look like a program that has great buy in, and three Patrice you need to try and bully someone else because when I get ready to revel who I am I will and I can assure you missy you will not be so excited to act as if you are the voice of the pack, you may be able to bully some folks but, I can assure you I am not one of them. You need to stick to your emails for the booster club.