Cathlick vs. Mairvul

STARSNBARS

My nephew coached under Scott Meadows in 2004 at William Blount. My nephew still keeps in touch with Scott Meadows. He likes Meadows a lot.

Mark Pemberton was a darn good coach. But! He had a lot more talent. When I saw Catholic play for the 3A Title in 2008 what impressed me was the size and strength of those linemen. When I found out a lot of those kids were coming back I thought right then Maryville could be in trouble in 2009.

of course Rebelron thinks Maryville may be in trouble every game ... lol

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of course Rebelron thinks Maryville may be in trouble every game ... lol

Haha, gotta love RebelRon...He is one of the most humble posters on this whole board, i think. He always compliments the other team, and that is very admirable. Especially with the success the Rebels have had the past 10-15 years. I'd probably be way more arrogant, although i'd like to think i wouldn't be.

Edited by SweetScience

Haha, gotta love RebelRon...He is one of the most humble posters on this whole board, i think. He always compliments the other team, and that is very admirable.

icon_mrgreen.gif The thing is , he thinks we're gonna lose every week until i give him a "Pep" talk and tell him " We're gonna Kick some BUTT !! " icon_mrgreen.gif

Those were the facts that were listed on the WB web site, besides I said pretty good, I may not know much about football but I do know a good leader when I see one, also Patrice you may want to watch throwing those rocks because the recruiting issue is everywhere. You still miss the point the article talked about a school moving up and playing well and yes they may have recruited a player, the point is if anyone watched us Friday night and thought for one that we looked like a well coached team then say it, two does our traveling support look like a program that has great buy in, and three Patrice you need to try and bully someone else because when I get ready to revel who I am I will and I can assure you missy you will not be so excited to act as if you are the voice of the pack, you may be able to bully some folks but, I can assure you I am not one of them. You need to stick to your emails for the booster club.

Oh no.........internet Ninja on the loose. Better watch out. He might jump thru your monitor....LOL

Haha, gotta love RebelRon...He is one of the most humble posters on this whole board, i think. He always compliments the other team, and that is very admirable. Especially with the success the Rebels have had the past 10-15 years. I'd probably be way more arrogant, although i'd like to think i wouldn't be.

I try to be humble about Maryville's success. I know it can slip at any time. I remember my brothers playing on state title teams and thought I would do the same. It never happened. In matter of fact it didn't happen for 20 years. I also know if someone trash talks on this board it can be used for motivation. A good example is the Wartburg vs Greenback game. A Wartburg fan trashed Greenback and said they were going to try to hurt the girl kicker Greenback has. All those Greenback fans were mad including several of my coworkers who are die hard Greenback fans. They had those posts posted all over the School and in the Lockeroom. I also remember some Maryville players being extra fired up over Black Haven Senator's posts before the 6A Title Game last season. I guess what it boils down to is I don't want to give any team extra motivation. A lot of teams are extra motivated to play Maryvile anyway.

Pepvol is my brother. We both have a lot of passion for Rebel Football. A lot of times I will ask Pepvol if Maryville will win just to hear him get fired up and pump me up. The best pregame talk ever from Pepvol was the day of the Alcoa/Maryville game in 2005. I had a lot of doubt about Maryville winning that day. After hearing him talk I was ready to suit up.

I try to be humble about Maryville's success. I know it can slip at any time. I remember my brothers playing on state title teams and thought I would do the same. It never happened. In matter of fact it didn't happen for 20 years. I also know if someone trash talks on this board it can be used for motivation. A good example is the Wartburg vs Greenback game. A Wartburg fan trashed Greenback and said they were going to try to hurt the girl kicker Greenback has. All those Greenback fans were mad including several of my coworkers who are die hard Greenback fans. They had those posts posted all over the School and in the Lockeroom. I also remember some Maryville players being extra fired up over Black Haven Senator's posts before the 6A Title Game last season. I guess what it boils down to is I don't want to give any team extra motivation. A lot of teams are extra motivated to play Maryvile anyway.

Pepvol is my brother. We both have a lot of passion for Rebel Football. A lot of times I will ask Pepvol if Maryville will win just to hear him get fired up and pump me up. The best pregame talk ever from Pepvol was the day of the Alcoa/Maryville game in 2005. I had a lot of doubt about Maryville winning that day. After hearing him talk I was ready to suit up.

Rebullron.....Eye like tha Mairvul Footbawl tee shurt that sez....."Respect Everyone.....Fear No One"...thumb[1].gif

Freshman beat catholic 42-21. Catholic put up a good fight in the first half but ran out of gas. Only 18-19 dressed out for the Irish. We had a young man go down after the game with a concussion/head injury, hope he is ok. Ambulance had to come get him....didn't know who his parents were. Scary situation...need to lift up prayers for him.