Cascade vs Community

boxman

Agree on an uncatchable ball with the one pass interference, but this was way (WAY) more than some bad calls. We block an extra point, but wait a phantom call, which leads to cascades 2 point conversion (and we lose by 2), 2 touch downs called back, we kick and recover an onside kick, late in the game and down Community gets an entire drive stopped by 3 15 yarders, a 5 yarder, and a 10 yarder. Cascade regularly has the refs in the pocket, but this was uncalled for, if the shoe were on the other foot I would be ashamed to think we won that game. Boxman there is no way on earth you could have watched that game and try to make excuses. There was more than just "some bad calls." I call a dog a dog, I call a horse a horse, some people can't do that because they are a fan, but let’s get real, Cascade won nothing and Community got jobbed by grown men deciding they should not be allowed to win.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a losing record how are they the real deal

Would have to agree. The three wins Vikings have came against teams who have won a total of one win combined. Should get another win against King's Academy who have not won a game and lost to MJC. Much improved but not the real deal. Just goes to show you can schedule your way into the playoffs.

Agree on an uncatchable ball with the one pass interference, but this was way (WAY) more than some bad calls. We block an extra point, but wait a phantom call, which leads to cascades 2 point conversion (and we lose by 2), 2 touch downs called back, we kick and recover an onside kick, late in the game and down Community gets an entire drive stopped by 3 15 yarders, a 5 yarder, and a 10 yarder. Cascade regularly has the refs in the pocket, but this was uncalled for, if the shoe were on the other foot I would be ashamed to think we won that game. Boxman there is no way on earth you could have watched that game and try to make excuses. There was more than just "some bad calls." I call a dog a dog, I call a horse a horse, some people can't do that because they are a fan, but let’s get real, Cascade won nothing and Community got jobbed by grown men deciding they should not be allowed to win.

On the blocked extra point, Community had 12 men on the field. How was that a bad call? On the onside kick, the Community player hit the Cascade player before the ball went 10 yards (TSSAA rule) Cascade's ball. Both called back TD's there because of holding and if you look at the flim there is no doubt that Community was holding. I watched the game and there were some bad calls, most games have some bad calls. Community and Cascade both played hard and it was an exciting game. Cascade won the game... move on...

Boxman in my orig statement I said some if not all the call were legit. Boxman I also video the entire game and watched vid before even posting. Community got called all night long Cascade did not. The Cascade boys played a good game; however they also had the refs on their side. Community lost in the record books that is for sure, but they did not lose that game. Community played better on defense, they played better on offense, and better on ST. I have moved on but if someone wants to call me out I will respond, like both TD's were called back for holding, as that is a false statement.

Friday night was a great game and an exciting atmosphere. It is what a true county rivalry should be like. It was sad to see that officiating played a great deal into the final outcome of the game and hated to see Rose and Pride injured in the game. They are both great players and should be really great for their programs in years to come. I know in years past Cascade has had their way with Community on the football field but the last 2 years I think have shown that Community is starting to close the gap and hopefully will continue to make this a fun rivalry. I hated to see and hear some of the comments made that Cascade didn't play well that's why the game was so close. I am no football expert but it seemed to me the reason that they weren't playing well was because Community was making a few plays and competing with them. Community I believe could have used the same reasoning with the penalty count being 18 to 8 in favor of Cascade. I think what is lost here is the fact that Bedford county saw a really great football game Friday night with a lot of talented young men on both sides of the field playing their hearts out for their schools and their communities. The atmosphere was great! I thought both teams were well coached and had great game plans. I enjoyed the old school wishbone Community ran early in the game. For us old timers that brought back some memories! I think the bigger thing here is in any sport that officials in any sport have very little accountability in their performance. If a coach becomes unprofessional he can be kicked out of the game and suspended for a few games but if an official impacts the outcome of a game where is their accountability? I never see anyone at games critiquing officials and I hear when you send stuff to the TSSAA they could care less. This has happened way too many times. The one that stands out is last year I believe there was a sub-state basketball game in the Chattanooga area where an official gives a player technical from across the floor for mumbling and the team lost on those free throws. I may be wrong about that scenario but I believe that was the case. In any case, the game Friday night was alot of fun and I hope the Vikings can rebound emotionally to get ready for a very good Moore County group. Congrats to Cascade and Community for giving all of us a great game Friday night!