District 14 A

volfan007

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UC is the class of this district once again. History has a way of repeating itself.

Have you actually seen all the teams in this district this year.Not much of a difference in any of the teams on a given night this year as evidenced by Union City squeaking by South Fulton by 3 points and Humboldt by 2 earlier and losing to Greenfield.And Greenfield beating UC and Lake Co but losing to South Fulton and beating Halls by 1 point.And Lake Co beating Halls by about 19 in their last meeting and has played better recently with the addition of Devante Hill.Beat a good Liberty team and then lost at Humboldt and got within 3 after being behind by 15 at halftime.Heard Bradford got in foul trouble early in the last meeting between UC-Humboldt and that is part of the game but Bradford makes a difference for Humboldt.UC is in first place but wouldnt say they are the class as in years past.But in years past Humboldt and Lake Co has fared pretty well with UC just squaking by LC the year UC won the Stste and Lake Co making a couple trips to the Boro also

Liberty beat UC tonight 63-48.They killed us on the glass. If heard it right, I think they outrebounded us 34-13.I think they had more offensive rebounds than we had total rebounds.As bad as it was,we had a chance to cut the lead to 5 at the end of 3 and missed a layup and had possession to start 4th and missed a 3. Then Liberty stretched the lead to double figures.

Had to go to the doctor today and didnt make it to South fulton but heard a rumour,hope it's not true but more than likely is.Lake Co had a tranfer that went to Dyer Co but didnt make a move.Then he went to Trenton where supposedely from what I heard played for Trenton and maybe supposedely lived with his Dad.Now hearing that he is off the team and maybe forfeits coming for the games he played in.So if true,that would mean the Middleton,Liberty and Halls games which were LC wins ,will be losses if true.The Liberty and Middleton games arent that big a deal but a loss to Halls drops LC another game and they will be flirting with a 6th,7th or maybe 8 seed unless they win out and hopefully have some help..Would have thought the TSSAA would have gave LC the green light before playing him.I know Coach B and LC held Derek Swift out a few years ago until they were given the green light .But maybe could have been a deal where the TSSAA and Lake co were in the dark and maybe new information came out.Not sure if true but the rumour is out there.If true,going to come out and would rather it happen now and not after the tournaments.Hopefully nothing to it.Dont think Coach B would have played this player unless she had a letter from the TSSAA.Again.May not be anything more than a rumour.Maybe I got some wrong info and he's playing tonight.

Heard the same thing also Bigster.UC beats Halls tonight 70-43.With the GF lost puts them 3 games in the loss column ahead of GF and Humboldt. GF comes to town Friday.

Also woill be a loss to Trenton besides Halls .Didnt remember that game last night.So Lake co is more than likely going to be going to Greenfield or Humboldt unless they can pull a rabbit out of a hat.Hadn't looked but could possibly even be in the last spot and UC..lol

Edited by mrbigster

Heard from a source a few minutes ago that they were investigating.So maybe not ineligible yet and hopefully won't be.TSSAA may have told LC not to play him as of now.But we all know he was at dyer Co without moving which was legal since he went during his freshman year.Then he ended up at Trenton ,which I am told.If he moved in with his dad,which would be legal if the parents are seperated should be ok.Then I'm supposeing he may have moved back in with his mom at LC.But the thing is .Did he move in with his Dad at Trenton.If not,he would have been ineligible at Trenton for any sports,including football if he played and basketball if he played in any of their games this year.

Edited by mrbigster

Bigstee,I sense that you are getting worried.Lol.If im Humboldt or Greenfield, I dont want to play LC the first round.Going to be tough for LC also to go in there and get a win.Im pretty sure Trenton will finish last and play UC.Trenton only have 1 district win and would be 2 if LC would have to forfeit.Would give LC 3 wins.

Bigstee,I sense that you are getting worried.Lol.If im Humboldt or Greenfield, I dont want to play LC the first round.Going to be tough for LC also to go in there and get a win.Im pretty sure Trenton will finish last and play UC.Trenton only have 1 district win and would be 2 if LC would have to forfeit.Would give LC 3 wins.

Dont know who Trenton has left but LC has Bradford .So if Trenton was to win and LC lose,could be a tie with LC and Trenton splitting if we were to have to forfeit.And then a coin toss more than likely.Hope it doesn't come to that.