Henry County at Dickson County battle of the barrel

jhall615

Red Warrior you are the reason I do not like the Henry County fan base. I have attended many HC vs. DC football, basketball and softball games over the last 30 years and throughout the last 30 years it has always been the same. Obnoxious arrogance from the Henry Co. side of the field. Most of the HC fan base have no regards for the kids that are playing the game. It is all about the adults and their so called "pride" and must win attitude. This is a game for the kids to play. Both teams are eager to win. Both coaching staffs want a W in the Win column. However some people want to act like teenagers themselves and say derogatory remarks about 15-17 year old young men. These players are kids. Please don't disrespect them and make comments like the ones you made. (They know they can't win). It is a game. It is a rivalry. But at the end of the night someone will win and someone will lose. One team will be happy and one team will be sad. Will it end the world? NO!! Will it matter in 10 years? 20 years? No!!! Unless you are a HC fan. Good luck to both teams.

Haven't had the opportunity lately for thorough FactCheck. Sorry it has to be at the expense of a first time poster, but she needs it.

1 Red Warrior is not the reason Sande dislikes the Henry County fan base, it is some other reason she hasn't confronted

2 Most of the Henry County fan base are parents, proud citizens of this county, teachers, small business owners, preachers, lawyers, mentors, students, nurses, neighbors, God fearing good people . . . not obnoxiously arrogant people with no regard for children

3 Some people want to act like teenagers and make derogatory remarks about players. These people live in every community, town, county, state, and region of this country except, in Sande's opinion, Dickson County

4 First time posters are more apt to post indefensible arguments than veteran posters

5 Red Warrior has over 30 years coaching experience

6 Though Sande can not name one Henry County citizen, she can develop an opinion of all Henry Countians based on her limited, narrow experiences at sporting venues where her interests of being a good sport do not align with the home team's interest in winning

7 Sande is formally invited to Relay for Life, Helping Hand, Oktoberfest, The World's Biggest Fish Fry, Noon on the Square, Arts on the Square, the next performance at the Krider Performing Arts Center, and an Upwards football game so she can better get to know the obnoxious and arrogant Henry County fans who have no regard for children

8 Sande will respond to this post in one of two ways: increased rhetoric in trying to prove her point or she will make an effort to better clarify herself

9 Sande will be more careful in the future in making defenseless, blanket statements

10 FactsOnly wishes Sande a warm welcome to CoachT

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post is way off base. All teams have a few of those fans but Patriot Stadium is one of the friendlier places for opposing teams and tailgate with the HC faithful. HC fans will feed anyone and love nothing more than talking football.

I can attest to this, and the food is mighty tastey if I so so myself.....

Edited by Kevin38

This post is way off base. All teams have a few of those fans but Patriot Stadium is one of the friendlier places for opposing teams and tailgate with the HC faithful. HC fans will feed anyone and love nothing more than talking football.

I know, I cant believe anybody would say that about HC. Ive never felt more welcomed anywhere. Even when the Hurd laid 450 yards on them. They complimented our win and our players..

Red Warrior you are the reason I do not like the Henry County fan base. I have attended many HC vs. DC football, basketball and softball games over the last 30 years and throughout the last 30 years it has always been the same. Obnoxious arrogance from the Henry Co. side of the field. Most of the HC fan base have no regards for the kids that are playing the game. It is all about the adults and their so called "pride" and must win attitude. This is a game for the kids to play. Both teams are eager to win. Both coaching staffs want a W in the Win column. However some people want to act like teenagers themselves and say derogatory remarks about 15-17 year old young men. These players are kids. Please don't disrespect them and make comments like the ones you made. (They know they can't win). It is a game. It is a rivalry. But at the end of the night someone will win and someone will lose. One team will be happy and one team will be sad. Will it end the world? NO!! Will it matter in 10 years? 20 years? No!!! Unless you are a HC fan. Good luck to both teams.

First of all, I don't speak for the Henry County fan base...in fact, most of them don't care for me because I am too direct and too blunt for most. Secondly,after losing so many years in a row and getting thrashed the way DC has by HC, it is human nature to doubt their ability to beat us even though they may just have the team to do it this year. Thirdly, your post is pitiful...I don't know how else to describe it. If you represent DC, we may win by 42 instead of the 21 points I expect us to win by. I'm sure you are a good person but your post is a little weird.

Haven't had the opportunity lately for thorough FactCheck. Sorry it has to be at the expense of a first time poster, but she needs it.

1 Red Warrior is not the reason Sande dislikes the Henry County fan base, it is some other reason she hasn't confronted

2 Most of the Henry County fan base are parents, proud citizens of this county, teachers, small business owners, preachers, lawyers, mentors, students, nurses, neighbors, God fearing good people . . . not obnoxiously arrogant people with no regard for children

3 Some people want to act like teenagers and make derogatory remarks about players. These people live in every community, town, county, state, and region of this country except, in Sande's opinion, Dickson County

4 First time posters are more apt to post indefensible arguments than veteran posters

5 Red Warrior has over 30 years coaching experience

6 Though Sande can not name one Henry County citizen, she can develop an opinion of all Henry Countians based on her limited, narrow experiences at sporting venues where her interests of being a good sport do not align with the home team's interest in winning

7 Sande is formally invited to Relay for Life, Helping Hand, Oktoberfest, The World's Biggest Fish Fry, Noon on the Square, Arts on the Square, the next performance at the Krider Performing Arts Center, and an Upwards football game so she can better get to know the obnoxious and arrogant Henry County fans who have no regard for children

8 Sande will respond to this post in one of two ways: increased rhetoric in trying to prove her point or she will make an effort to better clarify herself

9 Sande will be more careful in the future in making defenseless, blanket statements

10 FactsOnly wishes Sande a warm welcome to CoachT

This is the first time for me to post. I agree that all communities have some people that act like teenagers. No I do not have over 30 years of coaching experience. I am just a woman who has been reading the posts and wished to post my opinion. I could care less who wins the game between DC/HC. What I do care about are the kids playing the game. Both teams players should get the respect they deserve. My defenseless, blanket statement was my opinion. Too many teens today have a very low opinion of themselves and do not need anyone else making them feel worse. That is all I was thinking. Do not worry Sande will no longer post her opinion on a messaged board to post opinions about athletics again. I didn't realize that this was a males only site. Oh and by the way, I do know a few people from HC and yes they are fine upstanding citizens.

This is the first time for me to post. I agree that all communities have some people that act like teenagers. No I do not have over 30 years of coaching experience. I am just a woman who has been reading the posts and wished to post my opinion. I could care less who wins the game between DC/HC. What I do care about are the kids playing the game. Both teams players should get the respect they deserve. My defenseless, blanket statement was my opinion. Too many teens today have a very low opinion of themselves and do not need anyone else making them feel worse. That is all I was thinking. Do not worry Sande will no longer post her opinion on a messaged board to post opinions about athletics again. I didn't realize that this was a males only site. Oh and by the way, I do know a few people from HC and yes they are fine upstanding citizens.

No argument from me on this one. I have teens too. I agree they have a hard time growing up and need no criticism over athletic performance. I interpreted your post to be critical of the community and people I love being a part of.

This is not a males only board. I would be surprised if you weren't unamimously welcomed to post regularly . . . if for no other reason than to give us a little perspective. We have fun on here. We say things too harshly often. We regularly call each other out when someone is over the line. Red Warrior gets called out the most. I don't know the identity of any posters here, but over the years have learned that nearly all the regulars are daddies and granddaddies. As far as I'm concerned, you are welcome to represent the mommas and grandmommas.

Thanks for clarifying and my apology for the sarcasm.

Ok this is what we know Red Warrior has HC picked to win because its in DC minds that they cant win.Because they have won the last 5 out of 6. But HC lost to a team that has not beat them since 1995 and lost to them twice last year so the mindset thing really means nothing. Red warrior you only tell as you think it should happen theres not a thing wrong with that.But what i think is funny is after coaching for 30years or however many i would hope that you would be able to motivate your team enough to think they could win. If not your win loss was one sided.

To Facts:

1. You are ok at getting facts.

2. Some of your facts are your own opinion.

3. You are great at ridding Warriors coat tail.

4. You said HC will win. see#2

5. You said first time posters are more apt to post indefensible arguments than veterans. See#4 of your last post and #2 of this post.

6. you are real good with defining and making things clear for Warrior kind of creepy but it's ok.

7. I love the HC fish fry.

8. You can count to ten.

9. See #3.

10.Would you get a msg to QB Prez and tell him to polish the barrel for us. Go DCthumb[1].gif \

To the Yanker. well lets just say this. The yankers scores are not exact.

Ok this is what we know Red Warrior has HC picked to win because its in DC minds that they cant win.Because they have won the last 5 out of 6. But HC lost to a team that has not beat them since 1995 and lost to them twice last year so the mindset thing really means nothing. Red warrior you only tell as you think it should happen theres not a thing wrong with that.But what i think is funny is after coaching for 30years or however many i would hope that you would be able to motivate your team enough to think they could win. If not your win loss was one sided.

To Facts:

1. You are ok at getting facts.

2. Some of your facts are your own opinion.

3. You are great at ridding Warriors coat tail.

4. You said HC will win. see#2

5. You said first time posters are more apt to post indefensible arguments than veterans. See#4 of your last post and #2 of this post.

6. you are real good with defining and making things clear for Warrior kind of creepy but it's ok.

7. I love the HC fish fry.

8. You can count to ten.

9. See #3.

10.Would you get a msg to QB Prez and tell him to polish the barrel for us. Go DCthumb[1].gif \

To the Yanker. well lets just say this. The yankers scores are not exact.

Facts:

1 I am great at getting facts and better at wit matching

3 I, like any journalist, do not express opinion

4 You are the 2nd poster suggesting I defer in some way to Red Warrior

5 Posted indefensible arguments allow Fact 1, part 2

6 You are the first poster to use the word "creepy" I can remember

2 Thank you, we love the Fish Fry too

7 I can count indefinately

9 I don't know Red Warrior but if he wears a coat with a tail, I'd be surprised

10 The barrel, being a permanent fixture at Henry County High School, is cared for in the same manner as the rest of the furniture (hahh! . . .I'd make a little smiley thingy but I don't know how)

What a beautiful day it is, GameDay! Nothing like Fall in Tennessee on a Friday night with so much to play for. This is what its all about! Though I don't post score predictions, I am always confident in our team. I really like our chances tonight. Going to be a great contest on the Gridiron, with the battle lines drawn: Who can make the least amount of mistakes, who can stop the most big plays from happening, who will win the special teams, whose trenches will be the strongest, etc. etc.

Looking forward to tailgating in the back parking lot prior to kickoff. Here's to an injury free game tonight (we've had plenty this season already!) and good sportsmanship on both sides! Let's keep this rivalry going another 30+ years - There's something special about the Battle of the Barrell!!

Let's Get it ON!

Go Big RED!!!