Moore Co. @ Community

oldraiderfan

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MC is a great team and may get the W but Wingman is wrong. Moore County won't put up a lot of points. Community I think will be very competitive. This is not the same Community team you have seen in the past. They are getting better as the season has progressed. What happened Friday night was no fluke. Community is not on the level of Moore County with their winning tradition and great program yet but they are getting there a little at a time.

you are correct observation, it will not be any easy game and the raider football staff has been worried about this one for a while...this game, like most will come down to who does the best job of holding down turnoovers, whether by fumble or interception, both teams have a lot to play for. heck last year community was leading 7-6 at the half last year

I think this game could go either way. I have seen Moore Co. and Community back to back the last two weeks and they are both capable of winning this game. Moore Co. has a very illusive quarterback who can dance around behind the line until he sees an opening and then hit the hold for big yards. Community has a lot of team speed and can kill you with the sweep and they also have some good receivers that can go up and get the ball. Community is due for a big win and this could be the one. I was impressed with their team last Friday night and if they can cut down on the silly mistakes they could certainly beat Moore Co. Community and Moore Co. both have a BIG problem with holding penalties on their down field blocking assignments and they both had several big plays called back because blockers had a hand full of shirt. I will say that the team that can avoid the mistakes/penalties will win this game.

Only three 2A teams in the District. Forrest, Cascade, and Community. A 1A team won the district last season.

Yes you are correct but Eagleville has the numbers for 2-aa as of now with 409 students the cut off is around 345 so that being said Eagleville will be 2-aa 2013 even though there numbers say they are 2-aa now.

Eagleville is growing fast. You know one of the things people don't realize is that how tough this region is in all sports! It's sad that a second place team in west Tennessee with only 2 wins could get in the playoffs because they will finish second in their region of 4 teams when there are teams like Community who play a tougher region schedule who deserve it a little more I think and will probably end up having as many or more wins. This region doesn't get the respect it deserves sometimes. A good example is last year Cascade finishes 4th in the district but finishes 3rd in the state. Community went to South Pittsburg last year and won their tournament and beat them 9-3 and they finished 4th in the state. Moore County had a heck of a season as well. I think the teams in this region do not get the credit they deserve sometimes. We are like the SEC in a small way as we beat up on each other but when we go out and play other regions we usually do pretty well. Moore County has a rich tradition of football excellence and I think they are a great program!!

Eagleville is growing fast. You know one of the things people don't realize is that how tough this region is in all sports! It's sad that a second place team in west Tennessee with only 2 wins could get in the playoffs because they will finish second in their region of 4 teams when there are teams like Community who play a tougher region schedule who deserve it a little more I think and will probably end up having as many or more wins. This region doesn't get the respect it deserves sometimes. A good example is last year Cascade finishes 4th in the district but finishes 3rd in the state. Community went to South Pittsburg last year and won their tournament and beat them 9-3 and they finished 4th in the state. Moore County had a heck of a season as well. I think the teams in this region do not get the credit they deserve sometimes. We are like the SEC in a small way as we beat up on each other but when we go out and play other regions we usually do pretty well. Moore County has a rich tradition of football excellence and I think they are a great program!!

Thank you for the reconition , and I agree with you about all you said ,all these teams are very good in what they do.

In this district Moore Co. has to compete with 4- 2aa teams thats all good and fine it some times make's it difficult to win the district crown but in the end it makes for a stronger team by playing the stronger competion, wich in the end is good because it helps to prepares you for the playoff's.

roflolk.gifroflol.gif

Let's go Community.

Edited by croz6110