Brentwood Academy - Ensworth

WesVLT

This will be the 1st BA coaching staff In the past few years that is not intimidated by the University of Ensworth and Ricky Bowers. Advantage for BA. Coach Ricky will have to surprise BA. Ricky will have Pooch kicks, onside kicks, fake punts, reverses, halfback passes in his game plan. Advantage Ensworth. Loud piped in fight song, advantage Ensworth.

Offensively both teams are about even. Ensworth advantage rushing, Elder and running QB. BA advantage passing.

Key to this game will be DEFENSE.

I sense a high scoring game, so the defense that can stop the high potent offense will win.

Another key for BA, do not kick or punt to Elder.

BA 48 Ensworth 47 2OT, Ensworth misses 2 pt conversion.

If you include those games its only fair to include the other common opponents ... BA mercy ruled BGA in one quarter and they were beating Ensworth at the half.. they also mercy ruled jp2 in one quarter...the MBA game was not even close

despite the score. The game was tied at half when they played ensworth .. If the tigers come out slow and sluggish against this BA team they will find themselves digging out of a hole they may not be able it overcome. If BA can keep corn from busting those long td runs or can strike back when and if he does they have the athletes to win this game. I honestly think if BA played trinity again right now they would win..: they are healthy, firing , conditioned ....and the speed of this team is flat out scary.. I have seen ensworth play once and if anyone has a chance to beat them it's BA .. I thought the same thing last year but BAs coaching this year is night and day .. Not predicting who will win but hoping for a classic !

Why? Common opponents - Baylor and MBA - Ensworth has fared better by a TD or more and it is a home game for Ensworth. Adds up to a 14 point victory in my uneducated opinion (according to Doct). I thought this was supposed to be fun.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

Y'all are going to give him a hard time without voicing your own opinion? That's kinda weird. Ensworth 31-21. Just because.

Well, if oldwiseone is going off common opponents, , I pick BA because they led BGA 41-0 at half while EHS was behind 7-0. Also, BA beat JPII 62-0 and EHS only beat them 40+-0. Lastly, I think BA has better uniforms.

Despite the wealth of speed and skill on both teams, this game, like most football games, will be won on the line of scrimmage. I have no opinion on which school will put more linemen into the next level, but I have yet to see a high school team play better together as a unit, both offensively and defensively, than the Ensworth front 6 on offense and front 7 on defense. If the game is close at the half, I think the Ensworth lines come to the fore and win the game for the Tigers in the third and fourth quarters. If it goes to OT, anything can happen and all bets are off!!

Best wishes to both teams and I hope they put on quite the show for the national television audience!!!

Edited by RedRobin