Big 8 - Week 9

voltnh

I wonder what has happened to this board. Boone and South play this week and there hasn't even been a thread started. 3-4 years ago it would be 7-8 pages by now. Maybe the South fans have lost intrest, don't like their coach, don't like their team or something but they are fighting for a playoff spot. Boone has some injuries and had a good one removed from the team, so it should be a good game down to the wire.

I wonder what has happened to this board. Boone and South play this week and there hasn't even been a thread started. 3-4 years ago it would be 7-8 pages by now. Maybe the South fans have lost intrest, don't like their coach, don't like their team or something but they are fighting for a playoff spot. Boone has some injuries and had a good one removed from the team, so it should be a good game down to the wire.

Yes..Yes..Not the team or kids. Some have been "instructed" to not post here. Ridiculous to instruct and more so obeying! It is serious CYA time. They have fallen in the power ratings for 3 straight years and that is not due to numbers or talent..... All I heard was how this was the breakout year. Really? Time for a change or try to be all world in 4A? Time for a change. It is more than about the W/L.

Speaking of power ratings...Looks like Boone is a 13 point favorite.

Edited by jhilts

Yes..Yes..Not the team or kids. Some have been "instructed" to not post here. Ridiculous to instruct and more so obeying! It is serious CYA time. They have fallen in the power ratings for 3 straight years and that is not due to numbers or talent..... All I heard was how this was the breakout year. Really? Time for a change or try to be all world in 4A? Time for a change. It is more than about the W/L.

I've been seeing alot of x-South fans at DB games here lately.

Science Hill has gave DB some very tough games when everyone thought it would be a cake walk.2008 was a close example and that carried into the Mcminn game.2006,SH gave the Tribe fits and WB was the next game.2002 was a battle against SH, A 5-5 team that year ,but that year DB carried on and had one of it's best shots at state{the 14-9 semifinal loss to Riverdale }.With this being one of SH's very best teams,DB needs to get momentum in the same way they did in 2002 going forward.

Haynie carries that big of a stick? He hasn't won anything or beat anybody, pretty surprising that people would listen if true.

jhilts, no idea what most of what you posted means. You may be right on some of it, or even most. One area I can 100% for sure tell you that you are wrong is... the talent level at Sullivan South has dropped way way off. Fact. Anyone who knows football and has watched ball in our area for any time can see this. Not a fault of the kids or the coaches. Those seasons from around 2005 to 2009 were some loaded teams. Look at the South players from those teams compared to now. Several still playing college ball and several could have and went other routes towards education. I am one that believes most things in life are up and down. South talent did start dropping off in the 2010 season and its a fact. No one to blame for it. South has a stronger sophomore class than it does juniors and seniors as whole right now. The years from 2005-2009 seasons were all very good. Put those classes together in a row and you have a program that went to the state quarters and semis year in and year out.

jhilts, no idea what most of what you posted means. You may be right on some of it, or even most. One area I can 100% for sure tell you that you are wrong is... the talent level at Sullivan South has dropped way way off. Fact. Anyone who knows football and has watched ball in our area for any time can see this. Not a fault of the kids or the coaches. Those seasons from around 2005 to 2009 were some loaded teams. Look at the South players from those teams compared to now. Several still playing college ball and several could have and went other routes towards education. I am one that believes most things in life are up and down. South talent did start dropping off in the 2010 season and its a fact. No one to blame for it. South has a stronger sophomore class than it does juniors and seniors as whole right now. The years from 2005-2009 seasons were all very good. Put those classes together in a row and you have a program that went to the state quarters and semis year in and year out.

You are right. You have no idea.

Dig deep now................What's different at South 2010-2012 and South 2005-2009? And I don't believe it is talent.

But it's not all about W/L.