Big 8 - Week 9

voltnh

What the heck. However, by tomorrow, we may be able to say farewell to Sullivan Central (maybe) and Sullivan South as they head for AA.

Volunteer at DB

TN High at Science Hill

South at Daniel Boone

Crockett at Sullivan Central

And, for what its worth, current playoff standings for area teams:

6A Quad 1

1. Science Hill
  2. Maryville
  3. DB
  4. Sevier County
  5. McMinn County
  6. Oak Ridge
  7. Bearden
  8. Jeff County

5A Quad 1

1. Powell
  2. South Doyle
  3. Daniel Boone
  4. Knox West
  5. Morristown West
  6. TN High
  7. Knox Central
  8. Sullivan South (very last team to make it in)

Edited by voltnh

The second tiebreaker in the matrix, games against teams that have won 50% of their games.

Make no mistake that I (all of us) understand the realistic possibility of SH plummeting in the seeding following week 10. But, should SH and Maryville finish 10-0, SH would get the No. 1 seed in the quad. DB can only get as high as No. 2 in the quad.

Edited by voltnh

The second tiebreaker in the matrix, games against teams that have won 50% of their games.

Make no mistake that I (all of us) understand the realistic possibility of SH plummeting in the seeding following week 10. But, should SH and Maryville finish 10-0, SH would get the No. 1 seed in the quad. DB can only get as high as No. 2 in the quad.

That would be the real deal there. And heck no I'm not complainin about it haha

Next friday night will set the seeds.The great thing is both SH and DB will be playing nomatter what in two weeks.I just hope both teams stay healthy and go as far as they can in the playoffs.It will be fun to finally see some competitive football on friday nights.

Edited by BatmanDB

Next friday night will set the seeds.The great thing is both SH and DB will be playing nomatter what in two weeks.I just hope both teams stay healthy and go as far as they can in the playoffs.It will be fun to finally see some competitive football on friday nights.

I don't think you will see very competitive football next Friday.

Indeed. I've seen a lot of SH v. DB games over the years. Some have been competitive; most haven't.

For many years this game was back and forth. One year DB would win big the next year the game would go down to the wire with DB squeeking out a win. The last two years DB has won big, which is out of the norm. The question is does Science Hill bring it back in the norm and make a game of it this year? I'd have to think so, considering this is their best team in a long, long time. Maybe best team ever? On paper it looks like it will be a high scoring game., But how many times do you see two offensive powerhouses ending up in a low scoring game because their defenses have worked so hard to stop each other. I think this game is still a toss up and there won't be as many points put up as most people think.