FCS coming to Division II

QuickStrike

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a big FCS fan, looks like they are coming to Division II.

Let's see FCS moves to Div II and says that "work studies" does not allow the athletes to be eligible. Question then, Why is CPA, Goodpasture, Lipscomb allowed to find money through the churches and that make the athletes eligible???? No one will answer correctly, because they hide behind the fancy church doors and sit in the church and pretend that they are helping these families as they join the church and that is how they are discounted into the school. Oh wait the families do not even have to go to the church, just become a member.....hmmm interesting for sure???

Why won't CPA join division II like FCS? hmmm....

I think TSSAA should just go ahead and move all Private schools to DII. I would prefer not having a private school division, but that is not going to change. There is no question that several of the large Catholic High Schools that are still in D1 are providing Aid. Problaly through some legal loophole, but aid none the less. Just close the loopholes by having a healthly private school and public school divisions if that is a must.

okay if we want to go word for word in the rule book then that may be right but everyone knows that D2 will recruit and give scholarship/financial aid. dont get all hung up on the wording here

You are wrong and your assumptions shows that you have no idea of the lengths these schools go to to say away from being associated with recruiting. That said, putting a good product on the field with good leadership, great facilites, and the number of college scholarships offered (for athletics and academics) ATTRACTS students. To be honest you can hate all you want but really none of these schools even need to recruit they all have more applications than spots.

All good programs recruit at some level (it might not be defined as recruiting by TSSAA). I can tell you first hand PUBLIC schools do it just has much as private schools. I will move to another state as an example so we can keep it civil: Calhoun GA, most all the good players come from a 3 county area are attending this powerhouse. Kind of the same thing at Dalton, GA in years past but most of their players are going to Calhoun now. Ridgeland HS in N. Georgia. Several of their good players were playing in TN at some point. It will never be any different, just the nature of the beast especially when jobs depend on success. The rules keep it in check.

Let's see FCS moves to Div II and says that "work studies" does not allow the athletes to be eligible. Question then, Why is CPA, Goodpasture, Lipscomb allowed to find money through the churches and that make the athletes eligible???? No one will answer correctly, because they hide behind the fancy church doors and sit in the church and pretend that they are helping these families as they join the church and that is how they are discounted into the school. Oh wait the families do not even have to go to the church, just become a member.....hmmm interesting for sure???

Why won't CPA join division II like FCS? hmmm....

If you have evidence of rule violations turn them in. If the evidence is there, then it is up to the TSSAA to act. If they don't act, the problem is not with the school but with the TSSAA. It is very easy to make accusations on this board- If you know a school is cheating turn them in!

I think TSSAA should just go ahead and move all Private schools to DII. I would prefer not having a private school division, but that is not going to change. There is no question that several of the large Catholic High Schools that are still in D1 are providing Aid. Problaly through some legal loophole, but aid none the less. Just close the loopholes by having a healthly private school and public school divisions if that is a must.

Excellent Post! I agree. I would also include tuition public schools that can have out-of-zone players.

Lets see. Parents working for private school and children getting a discount on tuition. Also, family living in one public school district and having tuition waived so child can attend school in another public school district.

Big difference,one is permissible via TSSAA guidelines,the other is not.The former is an advantage,the latter is cheating.

Big difference,one is permissible via TSSAA guidelines,the other is not.The former is an advantage,the latter is cheating.

....and sadly, both happen. They don't happen at all the schools on either side, but happens at some of the schools on both sides. In a perfect world, everyone would play by the rules and it would be fair to everyone----real world, stuff happens, you have to deal with it.