Classifications are out

Omniscience

I really like Bernard...i was just crackin on him....roflolk.gif

At away...try to avoid the law suit now. Your too late. The NAACP will be at the liquor store tonight looking for you slim. Dont try to sweet talk things. It aint gonna work. Now we really know whats in that little hick head of yours. I cant believe you live in Trousdale county thinking like that. Hartsville is a very deversified community. Edited by Mr. Postman1

Lol..the years of DeKalb being an easy game are over.

How many seniors do ya'll have this year? I'd say your having a better than average year over there and it could come back down to average sooner than you think. However, you all did have a good middle school team this year. I saw them play and they had a good QB. However, sometimes that doesnt carry over into highschool.

Funny, here is a quote from Boyds coach out of the Times Free Press today.

"Thank goodness for that rule," Boyd-Buchanan coach Grant Reynolds said. "That saved us. I was worried about having to move up, and we had actually talked about having a contingency plan of going to Division II if we were forced to move to 3A. But we were reminded of the new rule a few weeks ago and after we confirmed it, I felt a lot better that we were staying where we are."

Whats funny is the multiplier was designed level the playing field by, in theory, putting the privates into a classification that should be equal competition. Here is Boyds coach saying they thought about going to DII to avoid class AA and sub-class 3A for football. But hey this new rule kept them in Class A and 2A for football so they will stay. Why? I feel it's because they clearly think they have an advantage.

Great job again T$$AA!!!!

Again if I were a school that had to move up because of the multiplier I would be discussing a lawsuit. Not sure how you can justify giving a loophole for some schools not to move up.

Let's see FCS moves to Div II and says that "work studies" does not allow the athletes to be eligible. Question then, Why is CPA, Goodpasture, Lipscomb allowed to find money through the churches and that make the athletes eligible???? No one will answer correctly, because they hide behind the fancy church doors and sit in the church and pretend that they are helping these families as they join the church and that is how they are discounted into the school. Oh wait the families do not even have to go to the church, just become a member.....hmmm interesting for sure???

Why won't CPA join division II like FCS? hmmm....

Funny, here is a quote from Boyds coach out of the Times Free Press today.

"Thank goodness for that rule," Boyd-Buchanan coach Grant Reynolds said. "That saved us. I was worried about having to move up, and we had actually talked about having a contingency plan of going to Division II if we were forced to move to 3A. But we were reminded of the new rule a few weeks ago and after we confirmed it, I felt a lot better that we were staying where we are."

Whats funny is the multiplier was designed level the playing field by, in theory, putting the privates into a classification that should be equal competition. Here is Boyds coach saying they thought about going to DII to avoid class AA and sub-class 3A for football. But hey this new rule kept them in Class A and 2A for football so they will stay. Why? I feel it's because they clearly think they have an advantage.

Great job again T$$AA!!!!

Again if I were a school that had to move up because of the multiplier I would be discussing a lawsuit. Not sure how you can justify giving a loophole for some schools not to move up.

Privates have got the money and money talks...really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Let's see FCS moves to Div II and says that "work studies" does not allow the athletes to be eligible. Question then, Why is CPA, Goodpasture, Lipscomb allowed to find money through the churches and that make the athletes eligible???? No one will answer correctly, because they hide behind the fancy church doors and sit in the church and pretend that they are helping these families as they join the church and that is how they are discounted into the school. Oh wait the families do not even have to go to the church, just become a member.....hmmm interesting for sure???

Why won't CPA join division II like FCS? hmmm....

This is just a bold faced lie that schools do this. Where is your proof?

Well I was just a little curious to see what would happen if all the privates choose to come back and take advantage of this unfair loophole.

Here are all the schools that would have jumped two classes in football and as a result would have been allowed to stay in the original classification.

Class A

First Assembly Christian School, University School of Jackson, Lausanne Collegiate School, Battle Ground Academy, Southern Baptist Educational Center, Ensworth High School, Webb School of Knoxville, Brentwood Academy, St. Mary's Episcopal School,

St. Cecilia Academy,

Class AA

Pope John Paul II High School, Girls Preparatory School, Baylor School, St. Agnes Academy, Harpeth Hall High School, Christian Brothers High School, Father Ryan High School, Memphis University School, Montgomery Bell Academy, St. Benedict at Auburndale,

Why not get rid of your financial aid players and play in the public school division? Could you imagine Ensworth or Brentwood Academy in Class A. Kinda like the good ole days!!!!

Edited by smeagle1

Not accurate. MUS, Ryan, and CBHS would be 4A without the multiplier (CBHS would actually be 6A, because the TSSAA's site inadvertently omitted their double for being all-male), so could be moved up to 5A/AAA. Similarly for Webb, Ensworth, and Brentwood Academy on the lower end. (the last two of which have always played up within D2 anyway). I think you also have to have football to take advantage, which pretty much excludes the all-female schools on the list.

Is this rumor tied to the fact Signal is only 4A school in District 7? The Signal people I know think it is a done deal that they are moving to 6.

It is going to be interesting to see what they do in East Tennessee. District 4,5,6,7 are where you will probably see the most change. You could see 3 of those 5 districts only have 5 teams.

I think the TSSAA needs to try to the best of their ability to have at least 6 teams in each district to keep the fairness of making the playoffs. You currently have 8 and 9 teams districts in West Tennessee which decreases the probability of finishing 1st or 2nd in the district.

Is this rumor tied to the fact Signal is only 4A school in District 7? The Signal people I know think it is a done deal that they are moving to 6.

We will see if Signal decides to play up again this time around. They are the biggest school but still 3A numbers. Like Indian said a move to 6AA would mean a loss in a lot of gate money. Bledsoe, Sequatchie, Grundy travel extremely well.