Science hill at Dobyns-Bennett

LGVol

Indian'91. Man u need to be a little more positive. It's people like you that start this every year. Yes there has been issues in playoffs, but each year is new year. One game the Tribe looks sluggish and you think negative. Also,

Volunteer was smart in making the game ugly. Milked the clock every play and ran the ball the majority of the time. Tennessee High threw the ball bout every play and went no huddle. Also, they threw the ball to DB quiet a bit.

If the boys from Kingsport were coming to Johnson City I would say the chance of a S-Hill win would be 40%. But, with this game being played in Kingsport ~ ~ ~ bout 25% chance getting out of Kpt with the win. Not trying to be negative ~ Just being real!

Hope the 25% prevails!

10% either venue. Kingsport fans will outnumber J.C. either place. Location shoudn't matter unless you think the Toppers would be intimidated at J. Fred. If so, I can agree and see why you think there is a difference. The only way SH wins is 3 or more turnovers by the Tribe or one of the dynamic duo leaves the game or is hobbled by injury.

I was surprised and happy with the fact DB got up 36-0 in the frist half.Nobody had come close to hanging 70 on Volunteer and I didn't think DB would.I'm not sure when the first major subs went into the game.I think with 5 plus minutes left in the half we had a new QB,but a lot of guys in there early,and coming back with the first team guys here and there.The second half was the fastest of the year.It looked like DB was just using the game to mix and match to see how different combinations worked and trying to find guys that can step up.I think next week will be a completely different game plan.Pedal down with the starters and guys that have stepped up for most of the game while getting ready for 4 quarter battles.SH is no pushover and at 9-0,DB will need to play good football to win.

Nice excuse but thats not what happened. Nine games into the season your not going to still be looking for guys to step up and if your still trying different combinations to see what works your already in big trouble. We have practice to work on those things plus the second half of every game we've played so far. DB is 9-0, they have smashed everybody. Guys have been steping up in evey game (big time). We all know what works. Turn these guys loose and let them play. If your not going to call plays let one of the cheerleaders take over. What I saw Friday night is what always gets us beat in the playoffs.

I don't see a home stadium advantage either way.If DB's band plays while one team or both teams has the ball, will be the biggest noise advantage or disadvantage.It's not been an advantage for DB over the past several years.I think if Foreman is playing has the biggest impact because it all starts with our QB.Having Cook back there with all the other weapons would have been great when we run into a team that plays up tight and can cover our receivers.We lost a lot right there but it hasn't shown up with vastly inferior opponents.

I would love to see the HILL finally get over the hump. This may be DB's best team in ages. SHHS will not see a QB again like Hayes. The kid deserves Spurrier's number. But he doesn't play defense.

SHHS did a lot of chasing last week. They aren't consistent. They give up too many 3rd and longs. It is crazy to watch. They have talent on D but they seem like UT's D...wrong place and both the right and wrong time. They couldn't contain Swafford (sp?) or anyone else for that matter last year. The dive up the middle on play #1 flat out set the tone.

Johnson City hasn't noticed the Hilltoppers yet. They had a scarce crowd Friday night,. I think people just feel they are beating up on the Crocketts, Centrals and Sullivan South's of the world. No real competition. However, if they beat DB people will come. They will most definitely come. .

How come with a loss SH or DB drops all the way to #6. That is a heck of a drop.

Edited by TicketToRide

I would love to see the HILL finally get over the hump. This may be DB's best team in ages. SHHS will not see a QB again like Hayes. The kid deserves Spurrier's number. But he doesn't play defense.

SHHS did a lot of chasing last week. They aren't consistent. They give up too many 3rd and longs. It is crazy to watch. They have talent on D but they seem like UT's D...wrong place and both the right and wrong time. They couldn't contain Swafford (sp?) or anyone else for that matter last year. The dive up the middle on play #1 flat out set the tone.

Johnson City hasn't noticed the Hilltoppers yet. They had a scare crowd Friday night,. I think people just feel they are beating up on the Crocketts, Centrals and Sullivan South's of the world. No real competition. However, if they beat DB people will come. They will most definitely come. .

How come with a loss SH or DB drops all the way to #6. That is a heck of a drop.

LOL...so happy to see you lump South with the others. SH still has a way to go to even the all time series, but you are probably not aware of that. Good luck getting over the hump. I believe that will happen next year. It remains to be seen if Johnson City will ever support any football team.

LOL...so happy to see you lump South with the others. SH still has a way to go to even the all time series, but you are probably not aware of that. Good luck getting over the hump. I believe that will happen next year. It remains to be seen if Johnson City will ever support any football team.

That is pretty bad ,he might be factoring in a South loss this week.Plus,you are down to a skeleton coacht crew already.thca4yg33h.jpg

Indian'91. Man u need to be a little more positive. It's people like you that start this every year. Yes there has been issues in playoffs, but each year is new year. One game the Tribe looks sluggish and you think negative. Also,

Volunteer was smart in making the game ugly. Milked the clock every play and ran the ball the majority of the time. Tennessee High threw the ball bout every play and went no huddle. Also, they threw the ball to DB quiet a bit.

I am positive. I just don't like seeing crap like that happen. The coaches need to realize thia playoff crap has all been on them. ALL ON THEM. Let's get over the hump. Not to mention. The game that Clark called last Friday night could come back to keep Malik from getting the Mr Football award. How long has it been since we had one in that discussion? ROLL TRIBE

10% either venue. Kingsport fans will outnumber J.C. either place. Location shoudn't matter unless you think the Toppers would be intimidated at J. Fred. If so, I can agree and see why you think there is a difference. The only way SH wins is 3 or more turnovers by the Tribe or one of the dynamic duo leaves the game or is hobbled by injury.

"History" for whatever reason tells me the chances are greater in Johnson City. Plain and simple . . .

"History" for whatever reason tells me the chances are greater in Johnson City. Plain and simple . . .

According to a good friend of mine which keeps stats on DB, see following:

DB vs SH all-time record is: W61 L21 T5

DB vs SH all-time winning percentage is: 70.115%

DB vs SH all-time at home is: W33 L10 T3

DB vs SH all-time at home win percentage is: 71.739%

DB vs SH all-time away is: W28 L13 T2

DB vs SH all-time away winning percentage is: 65.116%

Coach Clark is 19 - 1 vs SH with the only loss at SH.