Science hill at Dobyns-Bennett

LGVol

DB by 3 tds and a FG. (that's 24 points for the Volunteer readers). This game is controlled on the line of scrimmage. DB will move SH up and down the field.

I can't figure how some of you think DB will win this game so easly. I wish, but I just don't see it. If DB wins this by 24 Carter should resign. Science Hill must have a heck of a offensive line because Reed Hayes stats are.....95 of 150 for 1,878 yrds and 27td's passing & 82 rushes for another 548 yrds and 8 more td's. You have to have a "very good" line to put up numbers like that. By this point "most" people know DB is very weak in the secondary. Look at Hayes numbers again and tell me how DB wins by 24. It doesn't compute.

I can't figure how some of you think DB will win this game so easly. I wish, but I just don't see it. If DB wins this by 24 Carter should resign. Science Hill must have a heck of a offensive line because Reed Hayes stats are.....95 of 150 for 1,878 yrds and 27td's passing & 82 rushes for another 548 yrds and 8 more td's. You have to have a "very good" line to put up numbers like that. By this point "most" people know DB is very weak in the secondary. Look at Hayes numbers again and tell me how DB wins by 24. It doesn't compute.

Just wait n see. This is my hunch after seeing both teams this year.

Edited by Pudding

After getting our tails kicked by both i'll give my unbiased assessment of both:

Science Hill: runblocking is adverage at best and seemed slow off the ball at times,but are huge.

Pass blocking is better,but we did get a couple sacks and some pressure with 4

Backs are decent speed and do run hard and good size

QB he is the real deal extended many play's with his feet, good arm and accurate

Pass D...not good.. to much confusion in the secondary

Run D...again huge, but again slow of the ball at times..not much pass rush

kicking game good

WR..good size and hands other than #4 i did'nt see what i would call many deep threats .

DB: Run block really well come off the ball very well,very big and physical

Pass blocking..did'nt see enough to tell really

Backs..Speed and more speed if they get a seam forget it..not real physical though

QB..SPEED..seemed accurate enough but if he had to pass to win..don't know.

Pass D Corners are tough safety's are there weak link in the secondary IMO

Run D very solid and big run to the ball well and are physical and quick off the ball

Kicking game is very good

WR...Speed and good hands but not alot of size

After all that I'm picking DB 48 - SH 28 Ignore any misspell's i was in a hurry..lol

Edited by couch qb

I just want to throw this out there, I'd say we have one of the best receiver groups in state, there are JV recievers that would start anywhere else. If DB focuses on what they do best, Which is get Malik and Swafford the ball, then they will win. But if they focus so much on stopping SH's passing game, then itll be close. If both teams come out playing like they are capable of, I see this coming down to whoever has the ball last. But if it is like recent years, where SH comes out timid and scared, then it'll be just like last year and many other years. Reed Hayes needs to play out of his mind Friday. I say he needs to use his feet a lot more than he has. Dude can run.

Scared SH 21

DB-49

Confident SH

DB- last possession wins.

The previous two posts sum up my thoughts. The worst thing that could happen is for DB to score on the opening play like they did last year, on a freaking dive play no less.

Conventional wisdom says we'll be hearing a lot of Our Director and the NC-4 march Friday night (the school's respective fight songs).....but I don't know...

Reed better be carefulif he tries to.run on us. We've got some hard hitters. He better pass and do it quickly because we are coming hard to disrupt the passing game. Look for a huge game from Gilliam and Sensabaugh. Its about time for Sensabaugh to pick one off and tqke it to the house. Its coming. Cant wait until Friday. Big opportunity for Science Hill and a big statement game for the season for DB. ROLL TRIBE

Reed better be carefulif he tries to.run on us. We've got some hard hitters. He better pass and do it quickly because we are coming hard to disrupt the passing game. Look for a huge game from Gilliam and Sensabaugh. Its about time for Sensabaugh to pick one off and tqke it to the house. Its coming. Cant wait until Friday. Big opportunity for Science Hill and a big statement game for the season for DB. ROLL TRIBE

Foreman and Swafford better watch out for Grant Janeway or O'ryen Scott too. Might be bad if one of those guys gets hurt for the playoffs.

Foreman and Swafford better watch out for Grant Janeway or O'ryen Scott too. Might be bad if one of those guys gets hurt for the playoffs.

Guess if we're gonna get all red tonight I might as well too...this aint a statement its a fact, I'll stack #88 for D-B against anybody you have and if he hits em right, its light out.. thats including the 2 you mentioned.popcorneater.gif

Edited by SPEAR24