DeKalb County at Livingston Academy

King21

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about what DC's defense has allowed(1st string or 2nd, 3rd...) But I do know LA was very generous to those common opponents with starters not playing much more than half the game except for york. Pretty sure 3 of those games could have easily been shutouts. I commend coach Lamb on getting the younger guys in as soon as possible. Did watch york & DC game & DC played starters the whole game so those numbers don't mean squat!

Not sure about what DC's defense has allowed(1st string or 2nd, 3rd...) But I do know LA was very generous to those common opponents with starters not playing much more than half the game except for york. Pretty sure 3 of those games could have easily been shutouts. I commend coach Lamb on getting the younger guys in as soon as possible. Did watch york & DC game & DC played starters the whole game so those numbers don't mean squat!

That's the only game we did that in, not sure why other than their veer being effective. But we did run the ball and run the clock out the last drive of the third and the whole fourth. It's not like we just ran the score up worse, which we could've. The knee at the 2 yard line proves that.

That's the only game we did that in, not sure why other than their veer being effective. But we did run the ball and run the clock out the last drive of the third and the whole fourth. It's not like we just ran the score up worse, which we could've. The knee at the 2 yard line proves that.

I agree on the knee, that was a classy move on coach Trapps part. I cant find anything else for us fans to beat each other up on lol! Hope both teams come in healthy friday & leave it all on the field. Safe trip to DC fans! We should all get our moneys worth!

Where's Waterboy, darth tiger and the gang? I hope they aint contracted laryngitis of the fingers.roflol.gif

Oh, I'm here. I am just listening for the most part though. I have said all along that this will be close. It will be the kind of game for all 4 quarters that DC vs SC was in the first half for the last two years.

Regardless of who wins this, we all have to hope that there are no serious injuries as I think both teams will still be around for a rematch in round 2 :)

Oh, I'm here. I am just listening for the most part though. I have said all along that this will be close. It will be the kind of game for all 4 quarters that DC vs SC was in the first half for the last two years.

Regardless of who wins this, we all have to hope that there are no serious injuries as I think both teams will still be around for a rematch in round 2 icon_e_smile.gif

Unless we stay in that insane quad 2.

waiting for an answer? has Dekalb been on the road in a tough game? What is a true qb? Why is puckett the best defender that will be on the field?

Waiting huh…..I’m sure you have better things to do than wait on my response haha.

1st…..Totally agree with your post about “teenagers†anything can happen when you are dealing with young men playing in a big game like this. You don’t have to go past last season in this game for a good example of that…DC didn’t come close to playing there best game (granted that could’ve been because of LA but you get the point).

2nd…..I concede your point, DC has not played a “tough†road game…but minus White House where is LA tough road games THIS year (maybe, maybe Smith Co.) but I don’t really buy that this year and the time they played SC (and when DC did for that matter) Smith wasn’t playing there best. IMO

3rd…..â€true†or “pure†I think that Phillips throws more often with more accuracy and looks to throw more than run. I consider McCoin a playmaking QB (RG3/Vick), please don’t take that as I’m saying McCoin can’t throw…just feel like Phillips is more accurate especially on the run and makes more plays using his arm than feet. Again IMO

4th…..Puckett is the “best†IMO because he is McCoin but on the defensive side. Meaning you better know where he is at all times because at any moment he can make a big play. As I said earlier McCoin will be the best overall offensive playmaker on the field Friday night and defensive it will be Puckett. With 16 or 17 sacks on the year (not sure the exact #) and his freakish speed/quickness off the edge he can be a nightmare to block 1on1.

Just hoping that the Puckett kid lines up over Ronnie Linder...however, TSSAA has done what I thought they might do and that is move you to quad 2. Tough luck. Also, McCoin will be the best player on the football field Friday night. I don't have any reservations about saying that either.

Waiting huh…..I’m sure you have better things to do than wait on my response haha.

1st…..Totally agree with your post about “teenagers†anything can happen when you are dealing with young men playing in a big game like this. You don’t have to go past last season in this game for a good example of that…DC didn’t come close to playing there best game (granted that could’ve been because of LA but you get the point).

2nd…..I concede your point, DC has not played a “tough†road game…but minus White House where is LA tough road games THIS year (maybe, maybe Smith Co.) but I don’t really buy that this year and the time they played SC (and when DC did for that matter) Smith wasn’t playing there best. IMO

3rd…..â€true†or “pure†I think that Phillips throws more often with more accuracy and looks to throw more than run. I consider McCoin a playmaking QB (RG3/Vick), please don’t take that as I’m saying McCoin can’t throw…just feel like Phillips is more accurate especially on the run and makes more plays using his arm than feet. Again IMO

4th…..Puckett is the “best†IMO because he is McCoin but on the defensive side. Meaning you better know where he is at all times because at any moment he can make a big play. As I said earlier McCoin will be the best overall offensive playmaker on the field Friday night and defensive it will be Puckett. With 16 or 17 sacks on the year (not sure the exact #) and his freakish speed/quickness off the edge he can be a nightmare to block 1on1.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Creed Hayes is the best player in this game, period. If it doesn't show friday night, it will at the next level. Stopping Hayes = winning the game for Dekalb County.