Oakland vs RIverdale

ccdad

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss the real good Oakland teams of old, wait...do i really? Well, not really. lol Them and Oak Ridge had some great games in the late 80's early 90's

Oakland has always seemed to go through cycles where they have a few really good teams. I think I remember those games with Oak Ridge that you were talking about, Sweet. Was that back in the '88 and '89 playoffs?

Oakland has been young for 27 years. Two years ago they had 40 seniors and they laid a turd. Out in the first round of the playoffs two years running. I have said it before and I will say it again. They will have to beat you on the field, cause they ain't gonna do it in the headset.popcorneater.gif

Blackman High School Murfreesboro, TN Nickname: Blaze All-Time Record (2000-Present): 65-60-0 State Titles: None , ZIP , NADA , ZILCH

Ya , wasn't it 2 years ago you were talking about how Superior your team was .... at least Oakland has won a State Title , 3 that is , but a Blackman fan thinks he can talk .... lol Hilarious

Oakland has always seemed to go through cycles where they have a few really good teams. I think I remember those games with Oak Ridge that you were talking about, Sweet. Was that back in the '88 and '89 playoffs?

Sure were, AllRegion! Both were slobberknockers, too! 88 We (OR) lost to them 7-3. Was our only loss of the year,both in 88 and 89. 89 they beat Oak Ridge 17-15. They went on to the finals both of those years. Lost to Gallatin in 89, and state champion Dickson Co in 88 just 10-0..Some great games.

Edited by SweetScience

Blackman High School Murfreesboro, TN Nickname: Blaze All-Time Record (2000-Present): 65-60-0 State Titles: None , ZIP , NADA , ZILCH

Ya , wasn't it 2 years ago you were talking about how Superior your team was .... at least Oakland has won a State Title , 3 that is , but a Blackman fan thinks he can talk .... lol Hilarious

Look Hillbilly, two years ago we were really good, (obviously not superior) got beat by State Runner-up Smyrner in the quarters. A team that if they could kick an extra point would have won state. I can't speak to what happened before mykidsdad kids got to Blackman. What I do know is since mykidsdad kids showed up Blackman is 35-11 and made it to at least the second round of the playoffs every year. The bad news for Blackman is my last one is a Jr. and I don't plan on making any more.

So put that in your corn cob pipe and smoke it.popcorneater.gif

Look Hillbilly, two years ago we were really good, (obviously not superior) got beat by State Runner-up Smyrner in the quarters. A team that if they could kick an extra point would have won state. I can't speak to what happened before mykidsdad kids got to Blackman. What I do know is since mykidsdad kids showed up Blackman is 35-11 and made it to at least the second round of the playoffs every year. The bad news for Blackman is my last one is a Jr. and I don't plan on making any more.

So put that in your corn cob pipe and smoke it.popcorneater.gif

So that's supposed to impress me ??? lol , Hilarious , nothing but talk , never won anything yet you think you can bash a school that has 3 State Championships to your - 0 , zip , nada .... This here Hillbilly can't help but laugh at your mouth .... all talk

So that's supposed to impress me ??? lol , Hilarious , nothing but talk , never won anything yet you think you can bash a school that has 3 State Championships to your - 0 , zip , nada .... This here Hillbilly can't help but laugh at your mouth .... all talk

Thanks Jethro! Sorry but I can't take credit for anything I had nothing to do with.

Please tell Granny and Jed I said hay..popcorneater.gif

Edited by mykidsdad

Those who were trashing bhs for not winning the state yet need to remember it is still a fairly new school...sort of like being an expantion team. There was a year they lost at home to Lavergne by like 52-3. They are light years better than that now. OHS had some down years around that time as well, so both did good to pick themself up off the mat.