haywood @ milan

thedawg44

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. In reference to the quote about Haywood and their great athles needing a coaah, Bart Stwoed (Dyersburg Coach) spent severeral years at the shool and they were not winning that much then either. Dyersburg does not produce the greatest athletes but they are conditioned and trained. My point is it is not always the coach some of the winning lies in he individuals attitude.

1. In reference to the quote about Haywood and their great athles needing a coaah, Bart Stwoed (Dyersburg Coach) spent severeral years at the shool and they were not winning that much then either. Dyersburg does not produce the greatest athletes but they are conditioned and trained. My point is it is not always the coach some of the winning lies in he individuals attitude.

Agreed. But a good Coach will take care of that if he is given time to establish himself. Covington is a perfect example. We had a coach that was a good x's and o coach but couldn't relate to our athletes. Now we have one that can and it shows on the field

Gonna have to agree. sad thing is if Haywood could get a good stable group of coaches they would be a power every year. Plenty of talent but no leadership.

Exactly right, look at all the great head coaches around and they all have/had an excellent staff around them. Look at Covington right now, may have one of the better complete staffs I have ever seen, and look at where it has gotten them. If Haywood could get a well rounded staff, it would definitley help out the cause. BUT, it is hard for them to do that because they are still on a seven-period schedule, where as many schools are on a block schedule, so it is hard to persuade someone to come coach with having to teach 6 classes without a planning period, and probably not the best paying position around West Tennessee either. Definitely believe good assistant coaches help make a strong, disciplined, winning team.

I listened to the game on my way back from Crockett and it sounded as if Haywood was playing not to lose the game and it ultimately cost them. Of course, Milan had a head full of steam scoring 28 unanswered points. Probably one of coach Morris' biggest comebacks in his time at Milan. It would've been a major disappointment for Milan heading into the playoffs had they lost this one.