Henry Co. at Memphis Hamilton-1st round

SEC1rules

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming you aren't a player or a coach, then it doesn't matter if YOU take them lightly or not. I coached for a while so I agree that the players and coaches must take every game seriously...and it's the job of the staff to make sure the players are prepared for every game. BUT as a fan, I don't have to take this one too seriously. I coached in Mississippi and have many friends still coaching in or around the Memphis area...........MASSACRE

This is true. If our guys are prepared, I think we can win this one by a pretty comfortable margin.

Where did you coach in Mississippi? I have a relative who currently coaches there. Not far from Memphis, either.

Edited by MSURacer

If HC plays like they have the last 2 games they win big and look out because they know how to play in big games, several big play-off wins over the last few years (state champions) and the loss to Beech was a very good ball game that they could have won if not for a few mistakes here and there (a little inexperienced on off. and def. line at first of the year). Loss to Northeast, a few key players missing that week but still a loss. I would not want to play them right now if I was in this quad and that includes Beech because those young players know how to adjust and react to game situations better now and HC has more speed than people think as well as their usual cram the ball down your throat until you show them you can stop it ball control. Experience in the play-offs means more than people think this time of the year and HC has plenty. Good luck Patriots from your 10-AAA brethren, DC!

Edited by dc80

If HC plays like they have the last 2 games they win big and look out because they know how to play in big games, several big play-off wins over the last few years (state champions) and the loss to Beech was a very good ball game that they could have won if not for a few mistakes here and there (a little inexperienced on off. and def. line at first of the year). Loss to Northeast, a few key players missing that week but still a loss. I would not want to play them right now if I was in this quad and that includes Beech because those young players know how to adjust and react to game situations better now and HC has more speed than people think as well as their usual cram the ball down your throat until you show them you can stop it ball control. Experience in the play-offs means more than people think this time of the year and HC has plenty. Good luck Patriots from your 10-AAA brethren, DC!

Thanks, DC80, for the kind words and support. Believe this: the HC faithful will be pulling for the Cougars as they make a deep run in 6A.

GO BIG RED

I believe HC takes this quad albeit all on the road with another road trip in semis to Nashville area winner..it would be a greater task accomplished by the Pats to get back to Cookeville back to back

Wow DHSFB64 that is going to be a tall order for perpetual road warriors throughout the play-offs. The first round of games will all be predictable in Quad 4. Rounds 2 and 3 are all pick-em's to me. Don't get me wrong, if anybody can be road warriors and make it to the championship game I think Henry County has the goods to do so. But, in my mind, it's going to be a battle royal each and every week-end after Round 1. That's when it really gets interesting.

Edited by kwc

Crump Stadium @ 7;00PM

GO BIG RED

Crump Stadium is beautiful now. It's AT with new bleachers, concessions, lighting, & scoreboard. The field doesn't have designated parking. You will have to park on the side streets. The stadium is next to a hospital. Other then that, you will love the facilities. Crump is an easy stadium to get to because it is close an I-240 interchange (exit, off ramp).

Don't expect a huge Hamilton contingent to show up however. They really don't have a lot of fan support at the present time. They were recently a losing program and as such, a city school in Memphis isn't going to put rear ends in the seats if the program is losing. Making it to the play-offs isn't going to garner sudden fan support either. They may get more fans to come to this game then usual, but it will still be a lower turn-out then what you would expect. That being said, their side will probably have a meager showing in attendance. If Henry County shows up big ... then for all intents and purposes, it could feel more like a home game for HC then it would for Hamilton because you will probably have more numbers in attendance and support then Hamilton.

Crump Stadium is beautiful now. It's AT with new bleachers, concessions, lighting, & scoreboard. The field doesn't have designated parking. You will have to park on the side streets. The stadium is next to a hospital. Other then that, you will love the facilities. Crump is an easy stadium to get to because it is close an I-240 interchange (exit, off ramp).

Don't expect a huge Hamilton contingent to show up however. They really don't have a lot of fan support at the present time. They were recently a losing program and as such, a city school in Memphis isn't going to put rear ends in the seats if the program is losing. Making it to the play-offs isn't going to garner sudden fan support either. They may get more fans to come to this game then usual, but it will still be a lower turn-out then what you would expect. That being said, their side will probably have a meager showing in attendance. If Henry County shows up big ... then for all intents and purposes, it could feel more like a home game for HC then it would for Hamilton because you will probably have more numbers in attendance and support then Hamilton.

Kwc what do you know about Hamilton? Offensively and defensively? Do you expect us to win big?

Kwc what do you know about Hamilton? Offensively and defensively? Do you expect us to win big?

You should. They are credited with 7 wins on the schedule, but one is by forfeit donated to them from White Station who actually beat them 28-6.

According to the numbers they turned in to the TSSAA, they are categorized to play in 4A for the 2013-2017 season. If I were them, I wouldn't apply to play up.

As far as schemes go, I can't actually remember what they run offensively or defensively even though I was in attendance at the Whitehaven/Hamilton game this year. I do remember Whitehaven starting off slow in that game and they actually had the ball in the red zone against our defense for several attempts only to come away empty each time.

They don't have anything to hurt you guys with.This game you guys should win big.