Henry Co. at Memphis Hamilton-1st round

SEC1rules

Thanks kwc. I was waiting for you to show up. What game are you attending Friday night?

I've been out of pocket for the past two weeks. I'm glad to be back.

Oh, that's an easy question to answer. I'll be at the Whitehaven/Collierville game being played at Whitehaven stadium with it's brand spanking new AT field. Man, that field is gorgeous!

I just perused the Henry County schedule to try and come up with a team that you have played this year that i could compare with Hamilton to give you guys some type of gauge of the competition level you are to face this Friday. It's kind of hard to do that however basing your findings on schedules and records only. If I had to guess, based upon your schedule I would guess and say that Hamilton is probably a poor man's 'Liberty Tech' on a good day. Probably a closer comparison would be a 'Kenwood' or 'Rossview'. Remember, I have never seen either of the three mentioned teams play. I'm just basing this on schedule comparisons. They may not be that good.

Edited by kwc

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crump Stadium is beautiful now. It's AT with new bleachers, concessions, lighting, & scoreboard. The field doesn't have designated parking. You will have to park on the side streets. The stadium is next to a hospital. Other then that, you will love the facilities. Crump is an easy stadium to get to because it is close an I-240 interchange (exit, off ramp).

Don't expect a huge Hamilton contingent to show up however. They really don't have a lot of fan support at the present time. They were recently a losing program and as such, a city school in Memphis isn't going to put rear ends in the seats if the program is losing. Making it to the play-offs isn't going to garner sudden fan support either. They may get more fans to come to this game then usual, but it will still be a lower turn-out then what you would expect. That being said, their side will probably have a meager showing in attendance. If Henry County shows up big ... then for all intents and purposes, it could feel more like a home game for HC then it would for Hamilton because you will probably have more numbers in attendance and support then Hamilton.

Thanks for the info,kwc. The parking concerns me. Will there be homes in the area that will allow paid parking? What about the overall safety in the area? I haven't been in that area since the early 60's when several colleges played there regularly. If my memory serves me correctly, parking was a problem then

GO BIG RED

Edited by olddevil

Patriot football fans; There will now be a fan bus heading to Memphis on Friday afternoon for the playoff game against Memphis-Hamilton at Crump Stadium. Seats are $30 a piece and does not include admission to the game. There are 55 seats on the bus and there are already 15 fans signed up for the ride. The bus will leave at 3:30pm from the Patriot Stadium parking lot. There are 40 more seats available. Fans can post here on this page or call 642-0860 starting tomorrow morning (Tuesday) at 8:30am to reserve a seat. Go Big Red!!

'kwc'

Wow DHSFB64 that is going to be a tall order for perpetual road warriors throughout the play-offs. The first round of games will all be predictable in Quad 4. Rounds 2 and 3 are all pick-em's to me. Don't get me wrong, if anybody can be road warriors and make it to the championship game I think Henry County has the goods to do so. But, in my mind, it's going to be a battle royal each and every week-end after Round 1. That's when it really gets interesting.

Ha , kwc, tall order indeed but I think HC get's it done even tho all on the road....HC's head coach was at Dyersburg for several years bringing the program back to days of old thus I believe in him..JNS and Ridgeway will provide worthy foes tho ,so yes they are pick-ems which I believe they win provided no injuries to the Pats..

you need to hook up with QbPrez for the Ridgeway game if it pans out..

Thanks for the info,kwc. The parking concerns me. Will there be homes in the area that will allow paid parking? What about the overall safety in the area? I haven't been in that area since the early 60's when several colleges played there regularly. If my memory serves me correctly, parking was a problem then

GO BIG RED

I can see why you would be concerned. I've been to Crump a couple of times over the past 5 or so years. I've always parked in the community east of the stadium. That's where a lot of people park. I've never had an issue nor have I been concerned about the safety of myself or that of my vehicle. The area of town you will be in is on the outer fringes of what is considered 'mid-town'. This particular portion of Mid-town is an older established neighborhood that is surrounded by businesses, retail stores, and medical facilities due to the hospital being in the vicinity. There is always a constant presence of police in the area during the high school football games. I wouldn't worry about parking if i were you. Just come to the game and support your team. You and your vehicle will be fine.

Ha , kwc, tall order indeed but I think HC get's it done even tho all on the road....HC's head coach was at Dyersburg for several years bringing the program back to days of old thus I believe in him..JNS and Ridgeway will provide worthy foes tho ,so yes they are pick-ems which I believe they win provided no injuries to the Pats..

you need to hook up with QbPrez for the Ridgeway game if it pans out..

I think that Henry Co., JNS, Craigmont, and Ridgeway are all contenders.

It's way too early to be making third round plans, even if they are hypothetical. Let's wait and see what happens.