Grundy at Cheatham: Round One Matchup

howdoitknow

So Grundy fans, your saying your satisfied with 2 seasons at 5-6 and 2 seasons at 6-5 and a loss in the first round of the playoffs every year? So this is acceptable, and your pleased? Us Tennessee fans are wanting to axe Dooley and his records have been 5-7 and 6-7 and a bowl appearance and he is 4-5 this year. Is there a difference here?

About a hundred thousand fans and 2+ million dollars difference, not to mention hundreds of scholarships. For real until just now Cheatham fans have not been talking about grundy's season only about their game in this past game. As for dooley, his big mistake was running off a good defensive coordinator for a pig in a poke.

There is no difference coaching is coaching, football is football and winning is winning! Point blank! Those college kids with scholarships are trying to get to he next level just like these high school kids! If there not on a good team , who gets noticed to get to the next level? Why is CC fans talking about Grundys season now? Something they know nothing about, you worry about CC and we will worry about Grundy! What if the rolls were reversed? Good luck against Fairview!

Edited by Beavcleaver

There is no difference coaching is coaching, football is football and winning is winning! Point blank! Those college kids with scholarships are trying to get to he next level just like these high school kids! If there not on a good team , who gets noticed to get to the next level? Why is CC fans talking about Grundys season now? Something they know nothing about, you worry about CC and we will worry about Grundy! What if the rolls were reversed? Good luck against Fairview!

I will discuss what I like! READ THE THREAD TITLE!

Edited by tshadow

I am enjoying this discussion actually. I mean maybe we are just beating a dead horse here but I think its good to get another teams fan perspective on our Grundy team. Look we are a good football team with alot of talent. As I have said before we play a very tough schedule. Look at what we have coming up next year. A sophmore QB who just threw for almost 300 yrds against a very good Cheatham team. A senior receiver who had nearly 1000 yrds for the season. A sophmore receiver who is going to be great. A senior running back to has the potential to be an absolute beast. We are only losing 2 senior linemen on the offense. The defense will be led by a junior DE who already has several colleges looking at him now. If we can improve on defense and tackle better next year Grundy is going to be tough to beat. As for the coaches....I think they are doing a good job. We have had worse believe you me. To really top it all off these coaches as this has been made mention are teaching these boys to put God first and good Christian values and how to grow up and make a difference in the community. If for nothing else I will take 5-6 and a playoff game every year just because of that. The Dooley thing is another discussion that should be talked about on govols.com or something. Not here.

I think Howard was 2-8 and their big lineman is getting SEC attention. Sequatchie was 0-10 a few years ago and one of their seniors off that group went on to play four years in college. College coaches look at individuals.

meh the people with the grind are the usual people who think they know football better than anyone. possibly never played. but they have that im always right mentality and use coacht to express their unknowledgable opinions. every team has them. some people just cant losing without having to make every excuse imaginable to give a reason as to.why they didnt win every game ever played.

Billy, we do have alot of talent probably as a team the best ever here at Grundy! This is my opinion especially being able to run and pass like we do. As far as our schedule it's truly not that tough! Honestly! And yes we have alot of great talent coming back! Now on to improving on our defense and tackling that's a coaching problem! Does good enough make you happy? Personally I don't like being good enough and finishing .500 every year and losing first round of playoffs. I totally agree with putting god first and having Christian values too! But come on now! I'm not satisfied and you or any other Grundy fan should be if you truly know sports and have ever played them! Being 2nd best or worse truly SUX!! Why would you put in the hours and time if you didn't want to be a winner? And with the talent we have it shouldn't be like this, we should be better! Our little north and south Grundy football teams wins championships quite often what happens to our talent when they get older? We have NO coaches to make them better and we haven't for years and years!! I think it's time we do our homework on coaches and find us one with a proven record! Some coaches no matter where they coach can make programs a winner!! Lets find us one!!!

Billy, we do have alot of talent probably as a team the best ever here at Grundy! This is my opinion especially being able to run and pass like we do. As far as our schedule it's truly not that tough! Honestly! And yes we have alot of great talent coming back! Now on to improving on our defense and tackling that's a coaching problem! Does good enough make you happy? Personally I don't like being good enough and finishing .500 every year and losing first round of playoffs. I totally agree with putting god first and having Christian values too! But come on now! I'm not satisfied and you or any other Grundy fan should be if you truly know sports and have ever played them! Being 2nd best or worse truly SUX!! Why would you put in the hours and time if you didn't want to be a winner? And with the talent we have it shouldn't be like this, we should be better! Our little north and south Grundy football teams wins championships quite often what happens to our talent when they get older? We have NO coaches to make them better and we haven't for years and years!! I think it's time we do our homework on coaches and find us one with a proven record! Some coaches no matter where they coach can make programs a winner!! Lets find us one!!!

ken q. was a great coach but he also got ran off/not going make everyone happy and sure nuf dont need a young coach /need some coaching under his belt/

That's right chief dog!! But colquitt didn't have the talent they have now either! We sure don't need a young coach! Someone that's gotten a proven winning record year in and year out! Someone like rankin at Alcoa would be great but now were dreaming!! But along those lines! No everyone is never gonna be happy that's a fact! But there are more disgruntled people now than happy fans that's for sure! There's also some that's not happy but don't want to rock the boat either!! But with the talent he has had in 4 years and there is still not a difference! When they win he takes all credit when they lose it's someone else's fault. Go figure?

Edited by Beavcleaver