Grundy at Cheatham: Round One Matchup

howdoitknow

This Grundy team has talent, best they have had in years! This has nothing to do with respecting there effort it's they have to do what they are told! If you don't make adjustments or anything the game isn't gonna change and we haven't did that all year!! You can't have 1 linebacker in the middle and expect to stop the run up the middle!! That is common sense, it happened all night! You ran the ball all night, only 1 pass play and it was intercepted!! So if I have watched film and did my homework I would have 8 or if not 9 in the box and make your QB beat me with his arm! Like I said before good luck hope things fall into place for you!!

If that's the best you have them it won't be good enough. Sir don't be mad that you got beat by a much better team.

Do you really think out of ten teams prior to Grundy that all the other teams didnt watch film?we have been playing against teams every week, and every week there is 8, 9 guys in the box! Maybe your coach did watch, cuz it didnt matter we still run over people, and don't join the crowd that just don't want to admit! CC can throw the ball, usually when we do it's huge gain or score! But if you can run with 8, 9 in the box don't have to throw! You said he only had one guy in middle, well sir if he had 11 in middle wouldn't matter we ran wherever we wanted! Grundy will be back, the cubs were just better team!

You should have won you were the better team. You lined up and played smash mouth football and did a fine job i might add!! But when someone runs it down my throat in the first half I'm gonna try something else, we ran the same defense all night! Hope you can get your defense to playing better than last night or November will not be that good to you! Congatulations on the win!! Good luck with fair view! I would love to see that game!!

To each his own!!! There is alot of " players" not fans that will tell you CC defense a lot better than you would think! We have bend don't break defense! I agree first half you guys were really breaking tackle and mixing it up! I just think second half cubs said you can throw short and were gonna tackle you! They did exactly that

To each his own!!! There is alot of " players" not fans that will tell you CC defense a lot better than you would think! We have bend don't break defense! I agree first half you guys were really breaking tackle and mixing it up! I just think second half cubs said you can throw short and were gonna tackle you! They did exactly that

We know the way to short circuit a passing offense is to keep the offense off the field. The way to do that is to run the ball. The only problem with that is that cc scores so quickly running the ball that the passing offense doesn't cool down. I've been very complimentary of grundy county. They deserve it. They carried us to the start of the fourth quarter when with many other teams our game was over at half-time. It took the intermission to cool down their passing offense. Listening to these grumbles you can hear so many contradictions you have to wonder if these guys ever listen to themselves? The fact that grundy took us so far into the game is a testament to their preparation (THAT IS COACHING!). Now they tried even after the pick 6 but as it has been stated the qb was a freshman. The pick 6 had to have had an effect on him. Notice, I have not said anything about their defense. The score says all one needs to know about that. However, to put to bed the notion that grundy has met four teams better than the cubs how many of the teams that grundy met have put up approaching 600 yards offense on them all on the ground?

We know the way to short circuit a passing offense is to keep the offense off the field. The way to do that is to run the ball. The only problem with that is that cc scores so quickly running the ball that the passing offense doesn't cool down. I've been very complimentary of grundy county. They deserve it. They carried us to the start of the fourth quarter when with many other teams our game was over at half-time. It took the intermission to cool down their passing offense. Listening to these grumbles you can hear so many contradictions you have to wonder if these guys ever listen to themselves? The fact that grundy took us so far into the game is a testament to their preparation (THAT IS COACHING!). Now they tried even after the pick 6 but as it has been stated the qb was a freshman. The pick 6 had to have had an effect on him. Notice, I have not said anything about their defense. The score says all one needs to know about that. However, to put to bed the notion that grundy has met four teams better than the cubs how many of the teams that grundy met have put up approaching 600 yards offense on them all on the ground?

This is a great post BigDaddy. And I would have to agree with you. I have thought about this game since Friday Night. I even went back and watched film on CC over the weekend. There were teams that lined up on Defense and tried to stop the run with 8-9 men in the box. Cheatham still had their way with them. And yes. Most of the games they have played were over at half time. I can tell you this. I am not a disgruntled Grundy fan. I am very proud of the way our boys hung in there with a superior football team. A team that is undefeated I might add and may go right to the state championship. Even if their defense is a little suspect. When you can run the ball and control the clock like that you are gonna win football games. I think our coaches did a wonderful job Friday Night. Our boys were ready to play and we had a good game plan. Could we have made adjustments at half time? Yes...we could have put more men in the box but would it have really made a difference? I have watched CC.....I do not think it would have mattered one bit. The reason is.....we could not tackle even when we had a chance. Like I have said before. The coaches dont play the game. Our boys did not tackle well. Several times we had CC stopped in the backfield and they still broke big yards. That is not coaching. Im sorry but its not. You can say the coaches dont teach them to tackle properly but I know for a fact that is not the case. Cheatham was a much better team. It's just as simple as that. 4th best team we have played??? I think not!

This is a great post BigDaddy. And I would have to agree with you. I have thought about this game since Friday Night. I even went back and watched film on CC over the weekend. There were teams that lined up on Defense and tried to stop the run with 8-9 men in the box. Cheatham still had their way with them. And yes. Most of the games they have played were over at half time. I can tell you this. I am not a disgruntled Grundy fan. I am very proud of the way our boys hung in there with a superior football team. A team that is undefeated I might add and may go right to the state championship. Even if their defense is a little suspect. When you can run the ball and control the clock like that you are gonna win football games. I think our coaches did a wonderful job Friday Night. Our boys were ready to play and we had a good game plan. Could we have made adjustments at half time? Yes...we could have put more men in the box but would it have really made a difference? I have watched CC.....I do not think it would have mattered one bit. The reason is.....we could not tackle even when we had a chance. Like I have said before. The coaches dont play the game. Our boys did not tackle well. Several times we had CC stopped in the backfield and they still broke big yards. That is not coaching. Im sorry but its not. You can say the coaches dont teach them to tackle properly but I know for a fact that is not the case. Cheatham was a much better team. It's just as simple as that. 4th best team we have played??? I think not!

thk you.. Cheatham county is running the ball better than any high school team I have ever seen! Will that makes us beat Fairview? Idk, I hope! I will say this, people who think we can't win just by running the ball is wrong!! Maybe not a normal running team, but this cub team is different! They compliment each other so much it's unreal! You say ok let's stop Potts, then sweat hits you, u say ok let's stop him then white hits you, it has to get frustrating for other teams! U mention nine in the box, hasn't stop us one bit, but if it does, dont be suprised if other team gets beat bad down field! I have said all year CC can throw the ball when needed! Believe that!!! Grundy was a good team and gonna be better! There is nothing wrong with there coach, CC just better team.. Edited by bigdaddy67

So Grundy fans, your saying your satisfied with 2 seasons at 5-6 and 2 seasons at 6-5 and a loss in the first round of the playoffs every year? So this is acceptable, and your pleased? Us Tennessee fans are wanting to axe Dooley and his records have been 5-7 and 6-7 and a bowl appearance and he is 4-5 this year. Is there a difference here?