Grundy at Cheatham: Round One Matchup

howdoitknow

You didn't have the talent then as you do now! Hope if things don't change some of these kids don't move to other schools where they would get noticed! Who could blame them? I say let's look for someone with a proven record that can get the job done before we lose the talent we have now.

Edited by Beavcleaver

All the trophies were left at the old field house and old school!!!! When you ask to become a coach you put alot of responsibility on your shoulders. Billy do you do bus service for away games and announce for home games?? Opie you and Beav are right on your statements!!! Things will not change and the good ole boy system will remain the same!!! Just real sad for a great bunch of young men that could go deep in playoffs. Best of Luck to the Guys at Grundy for next year!!! Could be worse, Swafford!!!

Here's another thing I can't figure out for the life of me. These coaches have been here 4 years the whole time we haven't had anyone that can consistently kick an extra point or a 30 yard field goal. Our kicker that kicks extra points has been inconsistent all year some kid Came off the bench against Bledsoe and made it as far as I can remember the only time that kids kicked all year and was 1 for 1. Isn't the kicker usually one of the top scoreers in football? How many times have we went for it on 4th down inside the 20 and turned the ball over on downs?

Edited by Beavcleaver

Mainord has a heck of an arm for a freshman. Grundy reminded me of a Waverly team with a much better rushing attack. The Cubs enter the 2nd round of the playoffs with 2 backs at 1,200+ yards and 1 back at 1,300+ yards on the year. The Cubs also have now scored 500+ points on the season. The Cubs are the 4th team in the county's history to win 11 games in a season. None of the 3 previous teams won a 12th game. MAKE HISTORY CUBS!

Dis hear wont b no game. Blowout mercy ruley. Less dem coachs can git info from dat Madden game during the game they cant do much. Dis bunch of coachs is 22-21 and 0-3 in 4 years. Bout 10 friday night dey wil b 22-22 n 0-4. But nobody cares much anymore on mountain anyhoos. Its deer season now. You think i'm jokin but i ain't.

Deer season, who cares about that its still football time in Grundy! Go Grundy!

I understand what you are saying Doc. But you have to realize we have lost to 6 teams. Again I will go over them.

Marion Co. 8-2 (a good football team who got a first round bye)

South Pitt 8-3 (we all know how good they are)

Sig Mtn 7-4 ( maybe a down year for them but they played some big teams)

Grace OK I will give you this one. Should have beat this team easy.

Notre D. 9-2 (very athletic team who just won a playoff game)

CC 11-0 (well their record speaks for itself)

You dont think the coaches put time in your just kidding yourself. I will say it one more time. We play a tough schedule. I dont know what more to say.

I agree with Billy....

I would save the the discussion until after the Mainord kids senior year. Keep the pressure off of him and put on the coaches where it belongs.

Will it ever change in Grundy? Not until enough people complain to board members. One family controls two sports and if you are not connected to that family then you have no value. How many people from the north end are involved in the program?

Wake up Opie, maybe go to a game and watch it, my kids play both sports and I see kids from both ends of the county playing both sports. Its time people let go of the North and South Grundy crap, we are GRUNDY COUNTY! So glad my kids have the coaches to look up to, great role models.

So what your saying is you don't want to be a winner? That settling for being mediocre is alright with you? We played a half with every team we played our coaches can't make adjustments at the half like other teams do thats why we lose to quality opponents!! Our kids definitely have the talent to play with and win against any team we have played. I do agree with the north and south crap!! But come on mom?

Edited by Beavcleaver

Wake up Opie, maybe go to a game and watch it, my kids play both sports and I see kids from both ends of the county playing both sports. Its time people let go of the North and South Grundy crap, we are GRUNDY COUNTY! So glad my kids have the coaches to look up to, great role models.

I am referring to the coaching staff. All my post about the players are positive. Never said the coaches are not good role models, they just can't coach.