1st Rd Science Hill @ Oak Ridge

SweetScience

Obviously I give SH their props but The Ship is a hard place for an opponent to win in - especially if you are Not used to playing there. It will be far harder for SH at The Ship than J. Fred was last night. The OR fans are really loud and those shakers are deafening. Good luck to both of you. No injuries.

The good ol cowbells and bean can shakers! lol

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moore needs the ball a lot against SH. They don't have anyone as fast as him and he rarely gets the ball. OR wins 33 to 28.

Never seen anyone run Moore down from behind...But, we haven't played a team as fast as SH will be, probably. But, i'm with you...If we can get past SH, then Foreman from DB would probably be the only one who would stand a chance running down Moore from behind. Moore can flatout fly, just like Foreman from DB. Foreman may be a bit faster, being he finished higher in the 100M in track then Moore. I think Moore finished 7th, but he had a bummed shoulder in the state track meet, too.

Just wandering if OR has progressed throughout the year? My opinion after seeing both teams play this year is that OR can not stop SH in the passing game. OR has good athletes but not on DB's level and that's no disrespect. The only way you will beat the Hill is to get to #11 Hayes if not your doomed.

Oak Ridge has a bend, but don't break defense. They are gonna give up some yards. I'm not worried about stopping SH totally. I don't think they are gonna shut us down by any means. Every team that SH has played for the most part has put a lot of points up on the board on them, from what i see. Last night they played the best game of the year so far, and gave up 37. Albeit, DB is a great offensive team, but from hearing of DB's turnovers, the game coulda been worse. Taking nothing away from SH, but i think we have a good shot to beat them, just as they do us.

Edited by SweetScience

I think SC's defense played on a higher level against DB. So you wander which defense will show up against OR.

Yeah, i am sure they did. Like i said earlier. They may have played the game of their lives on D friday night. Some teams can never regain that level again...That was a HUGE ballgame for SH last night, and they laid it all on the line, and still lost. Can't believe they were up 34-19 and still lost. And another thing is them giving up 48 points to TN High, who only put up 21 against Volunteer last night. That doesn't look good. Anyways, we will see how it goes. Our guys have to do a better job of catching the ball if we are gonna win. Our guys are athletic and can run at the wideouts, but only one of them is really adept at catching the ball 95% of the time #5. Maybe they will super glue their gloves jk

Oak Ridge has a bend, but don't break defense. They are gonna give up some yards. I'm not worried about stopping SH totally. I don't think they are gonna shut us down by any means. Every team that SH has played for the most part has put a lot of points up on the board on them, from what i see. Last night they played the best game of the year so far, and gave up 37. Albeit, DB is a great offensive team, but from hearing of DB's turnovers, the game coulda been worse. Taking nothing away from SH, but i think we have a good shot to beat them, just as they do us.

Only letting a team with a 56 ppg average only score 37 is pretty good IMO