1st Rd Science Hill @ Oak Ridge

SweetScience

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think SC's defense played on a higher level against DB. So you wander which defense will show up against OR.

I was thinking the same thing (scary thought, me thinking in line with a DB fan huh.png ). I was thinking the TN High game (where SH allowed 48 points) was an anomaly; TN High's offense was clicking on all cylinders that night and SH was giving their receivers a 10 yard cushion.

I don't think Oak Ridge has anyone the caliber as Foreman or Swafford (could be wrong), but if SH plays like they did against DB, they probably could win comfortably. If not, we could see a shootout, because SH will score some freaking points.

But aren't we lucky, guys. Whoever wins gets to play Maryville in round 2.

I was thinking the same thing (scary thought, me thinking in line with a DB fan huh.png ). I was thinking the TN High game (where SH allowed 48 points) was an anomaly; TN High's offense was clicking on all cylinders that night and SH was giving their receivers a 10 yard cushion.

I don't think Oak Ridge has anyone the caliber as Foreman or Swafford (could be wrong), but if SH plays like they did against DB, they probably could win comfortably. If not, we could see a shootout, because SH will score some freaking points.

But aren't we lucky, guys. Whoever wins gets to play Maryville in round 2.

I sure hope your players go in thinking they can win comfortably, too! :P

I sure hope your players go in thinking they can win comfortably, too! :P

Bear in mind the context in which I said that; a similar Defensive effort by SH that we saw against DB and OR not having the playmakers on offense that DB has. I also said I have no idea what you guys have; I haven't seen you guys play since 1998, after all.

I fully expect a close, hard fought game, but I think SH has the weapons to pull out the victory.

Bear in mind the context in which I said that; a similar Defensive effort by SH that we saw against DB and OR not having the playmakers on offense that DB has. I also said I have no idea what you guys have; I haven't seen you guys play since 1998, after all.

I fully expect a close, hard fought game, but I think SH has the weapons to pull out the victory.

Well, if they do win it would be a big achievement for your guys. I don't think SH has beaten Oak Ridge since the 60's. I expect to see a very good SH team come into Blankenship. One thing i think everyone is overlooking is the playoff experience of going rather deep in the playoffs the previous 2 years. These Oak Ridge seniors were sophomores when we went to the semi's against Maryville. Of course we went to the quarters last year. From what i understand SH doesn't have a lot of playoff experience, or at least if they do they haven't gone far at all. I think you have to take those things into consideration. Experience is very important, and can overcome Oak Ridge's probable lack of speed and strength to SH. Something to think about.

Edited by SweetScience

Well, if they do win it would be a big achievement for your guys. I don't think SH has beaten Oak Ridge since the 60's. I expect to see a very good SH team come into Blankenship. One thing i think everyone is overlooking is the playoff experience of going rather deep in the playoffs the previous 2 years. These Oak Ridge seniors were sophomores when we went to the semi's against Maryville. Of course we went to the quarters last year. From what i understand SH doesn't have a lot of playoff experience, or at least if they do they haven't gone far at all. I think you have to take those things into consideration. Experience is very important, and can overcome Oak Ridge's probable lack of speed and strength to SH. Something to think about.

I hear what you're saying. But then again, Science Hill's previous two playoff seasons were ended by Maryville, who have ended the seasons of several teams over the years.

This is another big test for Science Hill. Most have doubted them all year, and for the most part, SH has answered every challenge, they came up a little short against DB. We'll see if SH can keep the momentum going when it really matters, in the postseason.

Edited by voltnh

I hear what you're saying. But then again, Science Hill's previous two playoff seasons were ended by Maryville, who have ended the seasons of several teams over the years.

This is another big test for Science Hill. Most have doubted them all year, and for the most part, SH has answered every challenge, they came up a little short against DB. We'll see if SH can keep the momentum going when it really matters, in the postseason.

Yeah, Maryville sure has. We (OR) can attest to that, we have to play them every year lol...But, i am glad our coach chooses to play them. It really shows where you stand, if anything. Well, people may have been doubting SH all year, but from what i am reading on here everybody is picking ya'll to beat us, except for a few OR fans taking us lol....So, we are being doubted, too.

Edited by SweetScience