1st Rd Science Hill @ Oak Ridge

SweetScience

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know how many starters are graduating? I was asked a few days ago; the only ones I know for sure are Hayes and Isbell.

I'm trying to remember off the top of my head but Seniors that I know of are:

Reed Hayes

Will Adams

O'Ryen Scott

Grant Janeway

Tate Isbell

Tre Webster

I know there are more but those are the ones that get significant playing time. With WR Malik McGue moving to the QB position next year, the Toppers will definitely be hurting, especially offensively.

Edited by AlumnI01

I'm trying to remember off the top of my head but Seniors that I know of are:

Reed Hayes

Will Adams

O'Ryen Scott

Grant Janeway

Tate Isbell

Tre Webster

I know there are more but those are the ones that get significant playing time. With WR Malik McGue moving to the QB position next year, the Toppers will definitely be hurting, especially offensively.

Thanks, those were the ones that I thought were seniors.

We'll see about next year....have the off season for that ;)

Do you think there's a chance they don't put McGue at QB next year? He's a very good playmaker at WR.

It depends. Since I'm not in JC full time, I haven't been able to see the JV or Freshman teams play. Carter may have a young guy that he'll give a shot to start.

Ultimately, you put Malik wherever he can be most effective. You might see Malik split time with another guy who is more of a pure passer. All of this is purely speculative.

And what TF said ;)

Edited by voltnh

Several comments:

Science Hill is much improved over past few years, this Coach is on the right track. Hayes is a great player, his ability to scramble kept the Hilltoppers in the game. DB will have to keep a wary eye on this program from now on, they have invested in making it better, with the new stadium and all.

Oak Ridge played a great game, Rian Hall was absolutely great tonight, he was not going to let them lose, what a determined effort on that last score. Defense harried and sacked Hayes enough to keep him a little off throwing, and Matt Moore's KO return swung the momentum back to OR. OR missed some scoring opportunities early that would have put the game out of reach.

Definately disappointed in the turnout, nothing wrong with the weather, guess it is the way that the town is, but do appreciate those that were there, they chipped in when the game was tight, OR needs to make the same investments Science Hill has in the Ship, it needs some things done, hope that is in the works.

Tough trip to Maryville coming up, the Rebels continue to impress, they are well coached and deep, OR must avoid turnovers and play hard, if they do, it could go down to the end. Like to see a good turnout of OR fans take the trip to Maryville Friday.

Good luck Wildcats and nice job against Science Hill!!!