Thanks Coach

K1212

Coach Johnnie Frost (Community Vikings head Coach) has helped to develop a program from scratch. He has withstood the early criticism from not winning, the heartaches from 0-10 seasons, and the disbelief's when just a few plays here or there could have turned a loss into a win. Now coach Frost has grown boys into football players. Players now understand football, are faster and much stronger, and most importantly Coach Frost's players know how to win. Community has won 7 games over the past two seasons with 4 this season, also with a few heartbreaking close losses. This team has grown considerably over the past 6 years, and much of this growth is directly tied to coach Frost and his staff. Many people may scoff at a 4 win season; however I think many teams and fan bases would love to see 4 win seasons within their first 6 full seasons of existence (especially at a small rural setting). Again thanks Coach Frost and staff for all your dedication and hard work; your boys will remember these years forever.

Coach Johnnie Frost (Community Vikings head Coach) has helped to develop a program from scratch. He has withstood the early criticism from not winning, the heartaches from 0-10 seasons, and the disbelief's when just a few plays here or there could have turned a loss into a win. Now coach Frost has grown boys into football players. Players now understand football, are faster and much stronger, and most importantly Coach Frost's players know how to win. Community has won 7 games over the past two seasons with 4 this season, also with a few heartbreaking close losses. This team has grown considerably over the past 6 years, and much of this growth is directly tied to coach Frost and his staff. Many people may scoff at a 4 win season; however I think many teams and fan bases would love to see 4 win seasons within their first 6 full seasons of existence (especially at a small rural setting). Again thanks Coach Frost and staff for all your dedication and hard work; your boys will remember these years forever.

Thanks, Coach. :flower:

Edited by BasilDuke

Nice post! It is harder to build a program in a rural area when athletes are limited during a given time. I congratulate the staff at Community. People need to keep the faith and realize the limitations that some coaches have to work with.

Hopefully, people who respond to this post will stay positive and not bash other programs.

It's good to see teams, the coaches and players, working hard to improve. That's really what it is all about. I never was on a state championship team, or even a district champion, but football taught me a lot about things that have helped me make a living. I'm not going to start listing........Anybody who loves and understands football, and is a TAD older these days, knows exactly what I'm talking about. Keep up the good work Coach Frost and the Community team.

I don't know your coach or your school, but I enjoyed reading the brief summary about Coach Frost and the school. First of all, it is men like Coach Frost that makes this world a better place...a lot of coaches would have turned that job down, knowing that it would pile a lot of losses up on his resume while trying to get a program built, but Coach Frost didn't think about self and made a decision for the greater good of the kids and the Community school. That action is to be commended.

Second of all, kudos to K1212, for coming here to recognize and say thanks to Coach Frost. Hopefully, others in the community are as thankful and encourage the coach as well. The building process is not an easy one, and I am sure it can be discouraging at times, and you never know when a man needs to hear those words of encouragment. Keep up the good work, and I wish you guys all the best in the future.

It's has been fun as an alumni and fan to watch our Community football program grow especially the last 2 years. For a few years we struggled to be competitive and whatever coach Frost did starting last year to get the program jump started is working I think. The defense has shown a lot of improvement, the offense is very fun to watch as you never know what formations you are gonna see and are very explosive. Last year we had about 20 boys and this year we had it looked to be about 40. Whatever Coach Frost has done to get these boys to come out and play football I hope continues in the future and maybe some day soon we will actually make those playoffs.

As for Coach Frost I am thankful that we have a coach that wins and loses with class. I have a lot of respect for all the great schools in the district and there are good fans at all of them. But I wouldn't trade our coach and staff for anyone's especially after seeing the actions of a few coaches this year from other teams. I don't believe running a hurry up offense to score with less than 3 minutes to go and your team up 20. I don't believe those things are needed in high school sports. You don't get any extra credit in the playoffs by beating someone by 30 instead of 20. If you score running your regular offense with your backups then that is just football but when you are calling timeouts and running hurry up offense to score and then you go for 2 that to me is not what high school sports is about. What are you teaching your own team by doing this? Our school this year had a few victories by large margins and our backups were in the game very early. I hope Coach Frost continues to have that kind of leadership and teach our kids to win with sportsmanship. Good luck to all the schools that made the state playoffs from our region and I hope your teams do very well!

First off I am glad to see the Vikings beginning to have some success and most of all being competitive,they deserve it.Coach Frost has been an acquaintance of mine for years and is a fine individual. He had no assistant coaches on staff the first years of the program. He had to make do with volunteer coaches who may or may not have been at practice every day. As we all know head coaches are only as good as their assistants. The last couple of years the administration has been willing to hire teachers that can also coach,more coaches in the building always helps get more kids excited and involved in the program. I believe he told me they now have 3 coaches in the building plus himself. Kids are also starting to stay at Community and not jump ship to other schools, this will most definitaly help the program.If thoes who were supose to be their had stayed through the tough times they would probably been better faster. Nevertheless Frost has stayed the course and you must respect him for that. Now that the administration is on board I think great things are in store in the near future for the Vikings. Best wishes and good luck to all of thoes involved in the building of the Community football program, its not an easy task.