11-AA

tigers90

In my humble opinion....99% of transfers are caused by disgruntled parents. Once the parent starts questioning the Coach in front of their kid, the kid buys into it.

This is not teaching a very good lesson, it is better to teach the kid to adapt to the situation and rise above it. Parents tend to see things thru DaddyMommy/Goggles. They have unrealistice opinions about how good their kid is, this leads to the conspiracy theory. You know the one that " the only reason my son is not playing more is because the other kids parents are more(involved,influential,liked,powerful,)" substitute whatever word you want here.

The other thing I see that causes the transfers is that the kid has been told since he was 9 what a phenom he is. When he gets to HS, he expects to start as a freshmen, and lead the team in scoring, rebounds, assists, and date the homecoming queen. When it doesn't occur this way, well we gotta blame somebody. Hey lets blame the Coach! His style doesn't fit our kid, he's too hard/easy on the kids. Whatever the reason those looking for an out can always find one.

That being said, I wish nothing but the best for anyone who transfers in or out. I hope they find a better situation that they can thrive in. We don't own these kids and they are free to move wherever allowed by TSSAA. It is a hardship on them to leave their friends and make new ones, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Sometimes it just gets to a point where that is the only option left, although it should never get to that point.

I agree with you some what. But have you read all the posts. The kids I am talking about, are the ones that went to Creek Wood and Cheatham. They are not bench warmers. And are their parents the type that goes against the coaches wishes. If you can honestly say that Thomas and Plunkett would not be playing and helping Harpeth, well then you may need to evaluate your baskeball knowlege. Again for the record, I am a Harpeth fan, have been and always will be. I know the families of these two players I'm talking about, playing time and the players ability was not the issue. Out of respect for Harpeths coach I will not give details on this. It's just a shame what's considered good coaching these days. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Enough of this coach bashing I am done as well. Go Indians!!!!!! I will be in the stands pulling for you as always!!!!!!

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im Gail Thomas, Billy's mom. I didnt transfer him because of basketball and anyone who know us knows our reason for transfering him. He is a great kid and an AWESOME basketball player. CCCHS was exactly the right move for us. We arent playing out of zone. We live in Ashland City which is no ones business anyway. I wish Coach Wilson and his team (which has kids on there that I absolutely adore) the best of luck!!! GO CUBS!!!

Im Gail Thomas, Billy's mom. I didnt transfer him because of basketball and anyone who know us knows our reason for transfering him. He is a great kid and an AWESOME basketball player. CCCHS was exactly the right move for us. We arent playing out of zone. We live in Ashland City which is no ones business anyway. I wish Coach Wilson and his team (which has kids on there that I absolutely adore) the best of luck!!! GO CUBS!!!

Ms. Thomas - I want to say that I saw Billy do one of the classiest things last year after the District tournament. After the game, he asked Coach Wilson if he could go into the locker room & congratulate his old teammates & he did. That was classy.

I had a friend tell me about this stupid thread. Again, I would really appreciate it "basketballnutty", if you leave my boys (Plunketts) names out of your posts. I am going to make this very clear for everyone. There is absolutley no hard feelings from my family towards Coach Wilson at all. I wish him the best and all the great players and friends the best as well. I respect his coaching and his commitment to the game. It didn't work out for us at Harpeth and I hate it. It was not Coach Wilson's nor my son's fault it didn't work out. But we have moved on, so I wish you would, who ever you are basketballnutty. I hope Coach Wilson and his boy's win every game, unless they are playing us, of course. I will not and never will root against Harpeth. Play hard and win!!!!!!

This is the first time I've been on here this year and it will be the last. This is absolutly

ridiculous.

And amen Judy Gail !!!!

Edited by TimPlunkett

I had a friend tell me about this stupid thread. Again, I would really appreciate it "basketballnutty", if you leave my boys (Plunketts) names out of your posts. I am going to make this very clear for everyone. There is absolutley no hard feelings from my family towards Coach Wilson at all. I wish him the best and all the great players and friends the best as well. I respect his coaching and his commitment to the game. It didn't work out for us at Harpeth and I hate it. It was not Coach Wilson's nor my son's fault it didn't work out. But we have moved on, so I wish you would, who ever you are basketballnutty. I hope Coach Wilson and his boy's win every game, unless they are playing us, of course. I will not and never will root against Harpeth. Play hard and win!!!!!!

This is the first time I've been on here this year and it will be the last. This is absolutly

ridiculous.

And amen Judy Gail !!!!

Good post . Just a fan of Camden here my daughters a cheerleader...

Can we discuss the action on the court!! Superb talent in 11 AA this year will make for a spectacular District tourney in Dover! Let's have Fun enjoying the games and high level of competition, 11AA can make some noise @ Regions @ Creek Wood in Mid-Feb.

On another note, Thoughts and Prayers to the Bledsoe family and the Fairview community. Coach Bledsoe will be missed by many. Take a moment and Pray for the Bledsoe family.

Sports are games, games are meant to be Fun, enjoy life! ROP!!

Proverbs 3:5

Cheatham County won handily over Camden last Friday night. Now the Cubs turn their attention to a showdown with Waverly on Tuesday. Go Cubs!

BTW, I am glad the Cubs won in spite of their coaching last Friday. I went to the game and saw a #20 HOWEVER during the game I was not able to catch a #33. I asked Coach Dawson after the game who is #33 and he informed me that there hasn't been a #33 on the floor since before the Watertown Christmas Tournament. #33 was worn by Mason Bates but he has been wearing #11 for the last several games. Bates scored in double figures the other night and played well.

Before you call someone out by their # please be sure to at least get the kid's jersey # correct.