11-AA

tigers90

I see what your saying. But didn't Cheatham lose to Creek Wood. And Waverly beat Creek Wood. And from that point of view. Wouldn't the loss to Creek Wood be more a negative than a win against Waverly being a positive when it comes to rankings. And as far as seeding in the distrit tournament goes. There is no head to head advantage. If 2 teams have the same amount of losses then a flip of a coin decides placement. Last year, Harpeth, Camden and Creek Wood all had the same amount of losses in the district. They flipped the coin, Harpeth got 3rd, Creek Wood got 4th and Camden got 5th. I don't necessarily agree with doing it that way. Maybe I'm wrong, but I do know that's how Harpeth got 3rd lst year. Pretty stupid system.

That is incorrect. Head to head is the first thing they look at if two teams are tied. If they have split, then they look at the next highest seeded team to see how each team did against that opponent. If it is still the same after that, then they go to the coin toss.

As for the other topic, I think it doesn't matter who's ranked ahead of who. Having both teams ranked in the top 10 in AA in the state is an incredible accomplishment! They are both VERY good teams and will probably play each other a few more times. But if I had to pick one over the other, I would pick Cheatham ranked higher (right now) purely based on tougher schedule, same record, and the head to head victory AT Waverly's own home gym. But who really cares...both teams should be proud, and it just makes the next matchup even that much more exciting!

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah rankings mean squat. I would give Cheatham the edge because of their length and 21 shutting down Waverlys best big.

Great game in Camden tonight 61-60 Lions 2 big threes at the end by Weed and a around the rim miss by Creekwood as time expired money well spent.

Edited by Beagle

Camden had a great game tonight beating creekwood , HUGE WIN a friend of mine said Waverly took care of business tonight against harpeth, heard the etheridge kid had a big night, I was impressed with him the other night as well, Camden is constantly getting better, as well as creekwood Camden is gonna be a team to watch come tournament time, don't sleep on them, especially with Brandon weed playing well,

In the other district game last night Cheatham County defeated Stewart County 69-36. The Rebels actually played the Cubs close the first time the teams met but this time the Cubs took care of business in a gym that they've traditionally struggled playing in over the years.

Also, the Montgomery Central Indians picked up a win last night knocking off Greenbrier by 12.

Harpeth stayed with Waverly at times last night until later in the game. We were outplayed in the 4th, with way too many turnovers. My hat is off to Waverly and especially the fans, it was a great crowd that displayed great sportsmanship. It makes it so muc more fun to watch when the crowd is respectful. I though Hurt contained Mully pretty well, a lot of his points were in transition offf turnovers, he is a class act and a good athlete. Praying for Garrett

Camden and Harpeth play on Friday night in a game that will in all likelihood be a 1st Round District 11-AA Matchup. Harpeth won the first meeting earlier in the season.

Creek Wood will return home to play Stewart County. It should be a game for the Red Hawks to get back on track following a tough loss. This could be a 1st Round District 11-AA Matchup as Creek Wood appears to be the #3 seed in the district while Stewart County has the inside track for the #6 seed after having beaten Montgomery Central earlier in the season.

Waverly will play Montgomery Central in the other district contest. Waverly will be trying to even the record of the Cheatham County Cubs and maintain pace (the 2 teams meet again on 2/5). Depending on how Montgomery Central does the rest of the way this could also be a 1st Round District 11-AA Matchup.